IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

34 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Don’t they teach maths where that lot went to school?

If you draw then the maximum number of points you’ve dropped is two.

Probably explains their delusion over “sell out home crowds” & “massive away following”.

They do, but he counted the fingers on one finger.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Barton;

“I’ve got my professional life at stake here because if I can’t get Bristol Rovers promoted out of this division, I’m not going to get the top jobs I want, I’m not going to get to work up the food chain for these big clubs, so I’ve got a lot invested.”

Season 3 Reading GIF by The Simpsons
JB’s professional life .

Edited by Major Isewater

48 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

got to be someone on the wind up   ,hasn't it.

Any other clubs fans and I would say yes....

Bit this is the Gas we’re talking about, we all know how paranoid they are. You can bet a fair few of them genuinely believe this is all some kind of dastardly ‘Scooby Doo’ style plot by Lansdown to destroy them.

As if SL would have to do ANYTHING ?

They prove on a regular basis how fond they are of shooting themselves in both feet with an Elephant Gun.

Clowns.

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Any other clubs fans and I would say yes....

Bit this is the Gas we’re talking about, we all know how paranoid they are. You can bet a fair few of them genuinely believe this is all some kind of dastardly ‘Scooby Doo’ style plot by Lansdown to destroy them.

As if SL would have to do ANYTHING ?

They prove on a regular basis how fond they are of shooting themselves in both feet with an Elephant Gun.

Clowns.

Yes but you forget that SL is still reeling from the fact that they won't let us sign any of their many star players any more. That kind of crushing blow has obviously led Steve to wage a vendetta against them.

They have to be the most deluded, self obsessed bunch of fans I have ever came across in my entire life.

Imagine being so self obsessed, and paranoid, that you honestly think a manager would come to your club as some sort of self depreciationing espionage, burning his own career, just to make Bristol Rovers suffer.

They're ******* mental.

"Has anyone considered the fact that JB has a hidden plan to finish us off? When he was at Fleetwood and he visited the Mem it was obvious to all that he was hated by us. Maybe he took the job out of a deep seated plan of revenge! First of all get rid of the players who fans haven't been too keen on (looks good for him!) but then underhandedly replace them with worse! Play a system that doesn't work, make us the laughing stock of all leagues with his 'We are definitely going to be promoted' speech and make weird contradictory after match interviews just to give other teams something to laugh about. We have lost ALL our credibility and now have a totally divided fan base. He has added NOTHING to the club and with his upcoming court cases will make us the pariahs of the league. We are slowly becoming the old Millwall of Div 2, everyone will hate us and add more effort to beat us - although as in my first statement - JB would like to get us out of this league............. and into non- league. Then, and only then, will his mission be completed.
The man is an evil  human being and not only should he be sacked by us he should also be banned from ever going to any football ground, even as a spectator. "

image.thumb.png.18843113b8c6eb1e13a054427d6bb2be.png

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

They have to be the most deluded, self obsessed bunch of fans I have ever came across in my entire life.

Imagine being so self obsessed, and paranoid, that you honestly think a manager would come to your club as some sort of self depreciationing espionage, burning his own career, just to make Bristol Rovers suffer.

They're ******* mental.

"Has anyone considered the fact that JB has a hidden plan to finish us off? When he was at Fleetwood and he visited the Mem it was obvious to all that he was hated by us. Maybe he took the job out of a deep seated plan of revenge! First of all get rid of the players who fans haven't been too keen on (looks good for him!) but then underhandedly replace them with worse! Play a system that doesn't work, make us the laughing stock of all leagues with his 'We are definitely going to be promoted' speech and make weird contradictory after match interviews just to give other teams something to laugh about. We have lost ALL our credibility and now have a totally divided fan base. He has added NOTHING to the club and with his upcoming court cases will make us the pariahs of the league. We are slowly becoming the old Millwall of Div 2, everyone will hate us and add more effort to beat us - although as in my first statement - JB would like to get us out of this league............. and into non- league. Then, and only then, will his mission be completed.
The man is an evil  human being and not only should he be sacked by us he should also be banned from ever going to any football ground, even as a spectator. "

To be fair, most of the other bogtrotters think he's nuts too.

41 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

45 secs in 'obviously I didn't go to the game' 

Loyal and true. 

Clowns 

There was another one of them on Radio Bristol last night giving a detailed critique of all their failings vs Barrow - then had to sheepishly admit to Twentyman that he hadn’t actually gone to the game ... loyal and true, prowed to be a gashead ... 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

They're ******* mental.

This is the sort of thing I used to do to them on football manager when I was bored. Sell everyone, play no keepers and stick all players on the wing. And now it’s happening in real life?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Rovers NEVER had any credibility as a club or a fan base - maybe they should try building some first

Being the Millwall of league 2 is a bit over-egging their own importance - I'd imagine most fans/opposition teams think their club is irrelevant other than being the next opponent and currently an easy 3 points if they dont get the aid of the ref (in fact they are far from being a cup final as Jailbird Joey thinks)

10 minutes ago, cityal said:

Rovers NEVER had any credibility as a club or a fan base - maybe they should try building some first

Being the Millwall of league 2 is a bit over-egging their own importance - I'd imagine most fans/opposition teams think their club is irrelevant other than being the next opponent and currently an easy 3 points if they dont get the aid of the ref (in fact they are far from being a cup final as Jailbird Joey thinks)

I'm fairly sure that Millwall have had a fair amount of success over the last few decades. More than be said for those pig bummers.

3 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

They're ******* mental.

Such was the crapness of the players he signed and the way we played at times I thought Tony Pulis was doing his best to finish us off in the dark days when he was our manager. Aided and abetted by the now departed Lindsey Parsons. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Such was the crapness of the players he signed and the way we played at times I thought Tony Pulis was doing his best to finish us off in the dark days when he was our manager. Aided and abetted by the now departed Lindsey Parsons. 

I`m still convinced of this to this day. His hatred of us ran so deep he was trying to destroy the club from within. No-one will convince me otherwise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

These things take time.

Especially as they have to be reprinted for the new stadium. It is finished isn't it?

That would be it. How could we miss something so obvious?

When their tickets do arrive they`ll be for the Wael Stand at the new stadium, all will be well in s*gland and we will have to return to being a minor player again.

#theyvecomeforus

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

That would be it. How could we miss something so obvious?

When their tickets do arrive they`ll be for the Wael Stand at the new stadium, all will be well in s*gland and we will have to return to being a minor player again.

#theyvecomeforus

6.2m views and 77.5K replies about them.....do you think they realise they're being laughed at!

3 hours ago, cityal said:

Being the Millwall of league 2 is a bit over-egging their own importance...

Well, the deluded few declared they were “the Barcelona of league 2” last time so at least their view of themselves is finally going in the right direction - but they aren’t quite there yet - Millwall is a club known pretty much worldwide because of the notoriety of their fans and Millwall has played in the FA Cup Final in the recent past (2004) and has also performed in the top division not so long ago ... they’ve also got a modern, tidy stadium and a fiercely loyal fanbase.

In fact Millwall is everything the gas aren’t, and never will be, although there is one tiny similarity - 2 years after they were formed Millwall became Millwall Rovers for a while - that was in 1887 - so they even beat the sixth richest club in England to that suffix!

Weighing everything up, I’d say da roverzzz are currently the Rushden & Diamonds of league 2 ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, BS3City said:

It could be that the missing 7 from the enormous expected away following broke down en route. I certainly hope so.

Will they be forever known as the "Barrow 7"???

...they were in @Robbored‘s minibus - he didn’t check the oil and water before taking his pals up North - the vehicle apparently gave up somewhere just outside Kendal - but he placated his sag passengers by providing free mintcake all round ... ??

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1