IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, the deluded few declared they were “the Barcelona of league 2” last time so at least their view of themselves is finally going in the right direction - but they aren’t quite there yet - Millwall is a club known pretty much worldwide because of the notoriety of their fans and Millwall has played in the FA Cup Final in the recent past (2004) and has also performed in the top division not so long ago ... they’ve also got a modern, tidy stadium and a fiercely loyal fanbase.

In fact Millwall is everything the gas aren’t, and never will be, although there is one tiny similarity - 2 years after they were formed Millwall became Millwall Rovers for a while - that was in 1887 - so they even beat the sixth richest club in England to that suffix!

Weighing everything up, I’d say da roverzzz are currently the Rushden & Diamonds of league 2 ...

Rushden I can agree with but I would have to take issue with diamonds. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, the deluded few declared they were “the Barcelona of league 2” last time so at least their view of themselves is finally going in the right direction - but they aren’t quite there yet - Millwall is a club known pretty much worldwide because of the notoriety of their fans and Millwall has played in the FA Cup Final in the recent past (2004) and has also performed in the top division not so long ago ... they’ve also got a modern, tidy stadium and a fiercely loyal fanbase.

In fact Millwall is everything the gas aren’t, and never will be, although there is one tiny similarity - 2 years after they were formed Millwall became Millwall Rovers for a while - that was in 1887 - so they even beat the sixth richest club in England to that suffix!

Weighing everything up, I’d say da roverzzz are currently the Rushden & Diamonds of league 2 ...

I watched Bromsgrove Sporting beat Rushden & Diamonds 2-1 yesterday. About the same level. 

• Flames 1

A Barton blame game timeline would be useful to track the excuses he has been coming up with since he joined our neighbours.

1. This is a massive club that needs a great coach, and here I am.

2. The players are fine but they weren't coached properly by the previous managers.

3. I've coached them now and in fact I've discovered that most of them are awful and I need to sell them.

4. The ones I didn't want to sell have left anyway because of the bad results caused by, er, 2 and 3. 

5. The new ones I have brought in haven't found anywhere to live yet so, er, they let in a lot of goals and don't score many.

Ideas for new excuses: blame the managers of the clubs the new players have come from; distract attention by talking about the new training ground; call it "infrastructure"; keep buying and selling players randomly and reuse old excuses.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

A Barton blame game timeline would be useful to track the excuses he has been coming up with since he joined our neighbours.

1. This is a massive club that needs a great coach, and here I am.

2. The players are fine but they weren't coached properly by the previous managers.

3. I've coached them now and in fact I've discovered that most of them are awful and I need to sell them.

4. The ones I didn't want to sell have left anyway because of the bad results caused by, er, 2 and 3. 

5. The new ones I have brought in haven't found anywhere to live yet so, er, they let in a lot of goals and don't score many.

Ideas for new excuses: blame the managers of the clubs the new players have come from; distract attention by talking about the new training ground; call it "infrastructure"; keep buying and selling players randomly and reuse old excuses.

They've got Cheltenham at home on Tuesday in the Papa Johns Trophy! Probably be complaining Cheltenham have had more time to prepare as they played their league one game  on Friday evening.

Edited by Shaun Taylor
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

They've got Cheltenham at home on Tuesday in the Papa Johns Trophy! Probably be complaining Cheltenham have had more time to prepare as they played their league one game  on Friday evening.

ST are fans still boycotting this competition? I know the Gas fans boycott every competition how do you feel about the Papa Johns cup?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, weepywall said:

ST are fans still boycotting this competition? I know the Gas fans boycott every competition how do you feel about the Papa Johns cup?

We've got Arsenal under 23's coming up soon and would expect around 2000-2500 or maybe slightly more to watch it costing around £10 admission. I don't think anyone really wants to be in the completion even if you made it to the final. You also have to play a percentage of players from your previous league game so can pick up needless injuries but we don't boycott it as much as some teams.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

What happened to that angry Gashead who often got a mention a couple of years ago from Henbury 

Busy still maintaining the IT at Ashton Gate I imagine. I'm sure he was telling the truth when he made that claim, it's not as if they suffer from delusions.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

That would be it. How could we miss something so obvious?

When their tickets do arrive they`ll be for the Wael Stand at the new stadium, all will be well in s*gland and we will have to return to being a minor player again.

#theyvecomeforus

They'll probably be sending out the tickets for "Row M" this week

4 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

They've amended the thread and taken out the five coming in?

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/18494/transfer-window-matchday-thread

Got to love this comment on Sag Chat, great demonstration of self awareness

Bristol Rovers are set to complete the signing of left-back Junior Brown on a free transfer. Brown is a versatile left-sided player who can play as a left-back, a wing-back or even as a winger further up the field.
The 32-year-old is vastly experienced, having endured spells in the EFL with the likes of Fleetwood Town, Scunthorpe United and Shrewsbury Town.
Brown, who was also on Coventry’s books, joined Scunthorpe last summer on a one-year deal, making 14 appearances in League Two for the Iron.

Fills ALL Rovers criteria on 3 fronts:
1 Fleetwood, 
2: Coventry 
3: Over 30. 

What a ******* joke we have become

6 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Christ this guy makes Pitman look like a teenager. Really scraping the barrel now aren't they. How is this guy any better that what they already have?

32?

**** me, that was some tough paper round, he looks like he’s about 40.

So today so far Norman Stanley Barton has signed a Scouser & an ex Fleetwood player, you wouldn’t have to be Mystic Meg to have predicted that, would you?

What’s that 20 he’s brought in now?

Absolute ******* circus.

Big thread over on their forum about the problems at the club and how it is being run badly.

One person (Wally) escapes criticism. For reasons I don't fully understand, they have never questioned why Wally never held a senior position in the family banking company or how he earned his wealth.... Yet the problems (as they see it) are with the manager and CEO.

Two positions Wally would have had a significant voice in appointing.

But it is unlikely, given that Wally has never held a senior role, he would have previously recruited people in lofty positions.

But apparently he IS a lovely bloke. With a nice watch.

• Haha 1

May come back to bite me in the arse but 4/5 in you'd expect they'd of announced someone by now and with them playing in the Papa John's Pizza Trophy tonight surely they can't do that much.

Just imagine you're a prospective new signing "oh come to the game tonight take on the atmosphere" you must be thinking "what the hell have I done to deserve this"