IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, 42nite said:

Happy Gap Day everybody. 

And a special mention to all the agents who have helped make this day possible.  ?

Think I might celebrate with a nice chilled fake Fanta this evening, accompanied by an out of date packet of crisps that I've been saving for a special occasion just like this.

Cheers everybody.

Happy Gap Day, my red fellows.

Now that the Gap is old enough to drink here in the States I’m going to take him out to a bar tonight called, “The Snake and Barrow” and treat him to some chewing tobacco and a bottle of Jack “Colin” Daniel.

Might even hire him a 1920s themed stripper, Phillips the Flapper - she comes highly recommended by all accounts. 

Edited by WessexPest
  • Haha 8

36 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

So Joey Barton has apologised to anyone who took offence but anyone who didn't, stuff 'em...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59077231

Apologising if people were offended is not an apology at all, is what I'm trying to say.

The non-apology apology, as used by politicians* all the time.

*I'm sorry if any politicians reading this are offended by being compared to Joey Barton.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, 42nite said:

Happy Gap Day everybody. 

And a special mention to all the agents who have helped make this day possible.  ?

Think I might celebrate with a nice chilled fake Fanta this evening, accompanied by an out of date packet of crisps that I've been saving for a special occasion just like this.

Cheers everybody.

Whilst watching Babestation, no doubt ?

• Hmmm 1

4 hours ago, PhilC said:

Can we not drop this now, please? Or if you wish to discuss it further, perhaps someone could create a thread elsewhere? This thread is for laughing at Rovers. Cheers

He's apologised now, 5 days too late but acknowledged and apologised case closed now

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I would like to apologise is the very definition of an apology 

But “… if anyone is offended” makes it conditional. For an apology to have true meaning, it should be unconditional. 

Regardless, I think the story has probably run its course on this forum and we should get back to unconditionally taking the piss out of the gappers. 

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

But “… if anyone is offended” makes it conditional. For an apology to have true meaning, it should be unconditional. 

Regardless, I think the story has probably run its course on this forum and we should get back to unconditionally taking the piss out of the gappers. 

Exactly, an apology should be active not passive.

So if I insult you I can either say:

"I'm sorry I insulted you" - active , taking responsibility for my behaviour, or

"I'm sorry you feel insulted" - passive, not accepting responsibility but at best regretting your response to my insult.

As I posted above politicians do this all the time. Apart from politicians never accepting responsibility for anything anyway, I suspect lawyers advise them to do it so as to not admit liability.

But as you say, time to get back to mocking the Gas. Unapologetically.

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I would like to apologise is the very definition of an apology 

His words were "I apologise if anyone was offended" 

Not apologising for what he said. 

He then went on to make it sound like it's the social media driven world we live it that was the problem, not the fact that what he said was down right wrong...! 

Arguably the most meaningless apology possible. 

Like being caught with another blokes wife, then saying "I'm sorry if you don't like me shagging your wife" rather than... I'm sorry for shagging your wife. It was wrong and I deserve whatever consequences come my way as a result of it. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

His words were "I apologise if anyone was offended" 

Not apologising for what he said. 

He then went on to make it sound like it's the social media driven world we live it that was the problem, not the fact that what he said was down right wrong...! 

Arguably the most meaningless apology possible. 

Like being caught with another blokes wife, then saying "I'm sorry if you don't like me shagging your wife" rather than... I'm sorry for shagging your wife. It was wrong and I deserve whatever consequences come my way as a result of it. 

Do you understand?

https://i2-prod.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/article5173167.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200c/0_JMP_Birmingham_City_v_Bristol_City_RS_097JPG.jpg

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

11 hours ago, PhilC said:

Can we not drop this now, please? Or if you wish to discuss it further, perhaps someone could create a thread elsewhere? This thread is for laughing at Rovers. Cheers

This thread is for discussing everything to do with roverzzz - and that includes utterances from their manager - please don’t try to censor any subject matter - Cheers 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

The way the post works means you will need to write the feature, post it on Bored Panda or Reddit, wait a few weeks and them it will be copied and pasted to the Post website.

Bored Panda? What is that? Is it anything like Blue Waffle? ?

1 hour ago, The Gasbuster said:

In a few years time, the Gap will no doubt be looking to settle down with "Mrs Gap". Who knows; the pitter patter of tiny Gapper feet may be heard shortly afterwards.

Yes, and before long Mrs Gap will be nagging him to weed the garden, wash the car, go shopping or take the nippers to the park on a Saturday, which means he won’t be able to attend games.

So no change there then…

• Haha 1

“The reason I'm successful is that I work hard. I'm more intelligent than about 97% of the British Isles. If anything football has held me back. If I wasn't a footballer I'd be still more successful than 97% of youse. Still harder working than 97% of youse. Still living life not just taking part. Some of you want to get off you arse's and take part in life. Before you know it you will be dead and know one will even know u existed"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

“The reason I'm successful is that I work hard. I'm more intelligent than about 97% of the British Isles. If anything football has held me back. If I wasn't a footballer I'd be still more successful than 97% of youse. Still harder working than 97% of youse. Still living life not just taking part. Some of you want to get off you arse's and take part in life. Before you know it you will be dead and know one will even know u existed"

Unwin's must currently be preparing a revised edition of Bertrand Russell's A History of Western Philosophy to include this great thinker; the very heir to Socrates, Wittgenstein, Nietzsche, Bentham and Plato walks the streets of Bristol today and we both walk the selfsame streets and breathe the same air as him.

Well we do until he's banged up again anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Also has a criminal record longer that 97% us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Since it’s Halloween weekend I decided the bastardize the Addams Family Theme.

Doo do do doo *click click* Doo do do doo *click click*

Spend their giro up the Welly

They’re dirty and they’re smelly

Babestation on the Telly

The Gastard Family

Their ground is a museum

No people come to see 'em

Their boss is a category B con

The Gastard Family

So come and play Boob Cricket

We’ll give you a free season ticket

Darrell Clarke loves a whippet

The Gastard Family

They punch contenders at Aintree

Got ****ed 2-0 at Braintree

Garner’s bald and culpable ain’t ‘ee?

The Gastard Family

Edited by WessexPest
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Since it’s Halloween weekend I decided the bastardize the Addams Family Theme.

Doo do do doo *click click* Doo do do doo *click click*

Spend their giro up the Welly

They’re dirty and they’re smelly

Babestation on the Telly

The Gastard Family

Their ground is a museum

No people come to see 'em

Their boss is a category B con

The Gastard Family

So come and play Boob Cricket

We’ll give you a free season ticket

Darrell Clarke loves a whippet

The Gastard Family

They punch contenders at Aintree

Got ****ed 2-0 at Braintree

Garner’s bald and culpable ain’t ‘ee?

The Gastard Family

Let's get this going on Saturday just to show @Robbored ... ?

Edited by CiderJar