IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

Hard to see why it's scheduled to take all week, Stendel said he was pushed, Barton said he didn't push him.  No footage or independent witnesses. Barton's previous won't be known to the jury. Unless I'm missing something it's hard to see a jury convicting him or why the CPS are proceeding.  

Much as I'd love to see the gashead banged up I do expect him to walk free - on both trials with his WAG not testifying against him on the second trial.

Regarding the 2nd but there’s a new law protecting domestic violence where even if she doesn’t testify or press charges he can still be charged 

7 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Tree down in Gloucester Road today.

Is this a sign that the SAGs will be three down by the end at the mighty Forest Green Rovers?

The Blue Few will be green with envy when they see the ground and facilities at the New Lawn.

They have nothing to fear as they are only up against a team of "veggie lady gardens"

13 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Got a horrible feeling this is gonna get thrown out, it’s been going on long enough..

I hope I’m wrong

I wouldn't place too much emphasis on any delay, the courts have massive backlogs.

This was the case before Covid as the Ministry of Justice had bigger cuts in it's budget than any other ministry from 2010 onwards. Covid has made it worse with cases being listed for hearing into 2023.

In the circumstances Barton's cases have not been delayed so much.

• Like 1