IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

This guy knows it...

So that's 3 of JBs big signings sent off for off the ball incidents, ie punching an opponent. The whole of the football world must be shaking their heads in disbelief at what's going on at Rovers, as well as P?!sing themselves laughing. JB has certainly changed the culture of the club, I hope Wael is pleased. It's not going to happen but the manager has to go, he has assembled an ill balanced squad, lacking forwards and right sided defenders. What we have in abundance is experienced players with short fuses and no self control, just like the manager.

"The whole of the football world" couldn't name two of their players let alone give the first shit about them or be bothered to laugh at them. "What they have in abundance" and always have had is the ability to talk complete bullshit and bluster at all times. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not sure that’s true H - but as you said, it doesn’t really matter ... ?

I like the fact that a lot of us think they get all the breaks with pens and sending offs, i don’t want the truth to get in the way of a good piss take thank you ? 

• Flames 1
  • Robin 1

11 hours ago, 42nite said:

Good result, and we probably won't hear too much from our Swindle friend on this thread tonight either!

Happy days indeed. 

Working late so couldn't join in the fun. A bad night at the office we played well, took over 950 fans on a horrible night in London and were beaten by a more clinical team on the night, all with 11 playes on the pitch so no excuses!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

This guy knows it...

So that's 3 of JBs big signings sent off for off the ball incidents, ie punching an opponent. The whole of the football world must be shaking their heads in disbelief at what's going on at Rovers, as well as P?!sing themselves laughing. JB has certainly changed the culture of the club, I hope Wael is pleased. It's not going to happen but the manager has to go, he has assembled an ill balanced squad, lacking forwards and right sided defenders. What we have in abundance is experienced players with short fuses and no self control, just like the manager.

The 'whole of the football world'? Maybe us city fans are having a chuckle but the rest wouldn't even give it a passing glance. Who? 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

The 'whole of the football world'? Maybe us city fans are having a chuckle but the rest wouldn't even give it a passing glance. Who? 

You've not looked at the forums of Independiente or Kashima Antlers this morning then...?

They're all on about it...

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, fanjita said:

Can’t seem to find any footage of Barton’s post match interview,,anyone?

Barton said: “That’s seven red cards for us this season, which is too many. I have never imposed a disciplinary code as a manager, fining players for being sent off, but I might change that.

“I will also stop telling my lads to stay on their feet and play like men because opposition players are conning the referee left, right and centre.

“Sam Finley was stupid to get involved in the incident that got him sent off. But I have watched it back five times and it was no more than a shoulder-to-shoulder contact which is something I know all about."

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Barton said: “That’s seven red cards for us this season, which is too many. I have never imposed a disciplinary code as a manager, fining players for being sent off, but I might change that.

“I will also stop telling my lads to stay on their feet and play like men because opposition players are conning the referee left, right and centre.

“Sam Finley was stupid to get involved in the incident that got him sent off. But I have watched it back five times and it was no more than a shoulder-to-shoulder contact which is something I know all about."

Is that him admitting that he shoulder barged his opposing number into a metal structure in the tunnel, against Barnsley..?! 

The bloke is such an utter bellend...! 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Is that him admitting that he shoulder barged his opposing number into a metal structure in the tunnel, against Barnsley..?! 

The bloke is such an utter bellend...! 

3 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

So is Barton suggesting/hinting his coming together with the ex Barnsley manager was a fair shoulder barge!

Exactly what I was thinking ? 

• Like 1

“We’re 16th in League Two and we’re playing the bigger sides, the sides that are up near the top of the table and to beat them, all you have to do is keep your discipline. That’s really frustrating because we’re better than these teams - I’ve no doubt about it but if we go down to ten men and we go down to nine men, then it doesn’t matter how much quality you’ve got, you’re not going to win games of football.”

Deluded. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

“We’re 16th in League Two and we’re playing the bigger sides, the sides that are up near the top of the table and to beat them, all you have to do is keep your discipline. That’s really frustrating because we’re better than these teams - I’ve no doubt about it but if we go down to ten men and we go down to nine men, then it doesn’t matter how much quality you’ve got, you’re not going to win games of football.”

Deluded. 

20 points adrift of the vegans!

What a ****.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

“We’re 16th in League Two and we’re playing the bigger sides

Recent league matches for them have included Port Vale, Forest Green, Salford City, Tranmere and Northampton.

Whilst Joey's statement is probably true that's some way "off the normal script" for the frothing mutants that inhabit the mem. They are used to be fed a diet of "big club" BS.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bizyer said:

it was no more than a shoulder-to-shoulder contact which is something I know all about."

Sounds like an admission of something....now what could that be ....hmmmmm???

The bit in bold might just have been me expanding a teeny bit what was in his mind at the time! The problem with Barton is that it is hard to understand anything he comes out with so you can attribute anything to him and it becomes credible!

This was the original article without my interpretation:-

https://www.newschainonline.com/sport/mens-sport/football/joey-barton-calls-for-more-discipline-from-bristol-rovers-240904

3 hours ago, cityal said:

Recent league matches for them have included Port Vale, Forest Green, Salford City, Tranmere and Northampton.

Whilst Joey's statement is probably true that's some way "off the normal script" for the frothing mutants that inhabit the mem. They are used to be fed a diet of "big club" BS.

To be honest all the clubs in the 4th Division are big compared to the lockouts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Deluded. 

Tell your players to stop punching & kicking people then, Joey..! 

Lead by example..... Oh, hang on.....! 

On 06/12/2021 at 15:51, Fordy62 said:

Sorry… are we all missing the bloke who said he saw him do it?

@Fordy62 did you read about that clever Qc question in Cross examination?

" So you saw the man you say is Joey Barton from behind?" YES

"Did you ever see his face then?" NO

"So how do you know for sure that is was Joey Barton?" I JUST ASSUMED.

"So you just assumed it was my client, but you can't be sure, as you didn't see his face? YES

"No further questions your honour"

You can imagine how that was spun in the defences closing speech.

" Ladies and Gentleman of the jury how can you be sure, when all the witnesses and the complainant himself isn't?"

Everybody knows it was Barton, but what the case need really was CCTV. Without that a clever Silk would always fancy his chances against a prosecution witness.

Hence why we try to minimise their use nowadays.

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Tell your players to stop punching & kicking people then, Joey..! 

Lead by example..... Oh, hang on.....! 

So when he talks about bigger clubs, is he now talking about the likes of Forest Green Rovers; and Port Vale?

Christ, quite how far have the Gas dropped that their manager considered those type of clubs "Bigger".

What's the plan for next year Joey when the 5 loans, and 15+ players are either OOC or at the end of their 1 year deals. Go.out and buy another 20 players?

They need to build a team, not just employ a group of scousers who used to play for Fleetwood; and are mates with the Manager.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

@Fordy62 did you read about that clever Qc question in Cross examination?

" So you saw the man you say is Joey Barton from behind?" YES

"Did you ever see his face then?" NO

"So how do you know for sure that is was Joey Barton?" I JUST ASSUMED.

"So you just assumed it was my client, but you can't be sure, as you didn't see his face? YES

"No further questions your honour"

You can imagine how that was spun in the defences closing speech.

" Ladies and Gentleman of the jury how can you be sure, when all the witnesses and the complainant himself isn't?"

Everybody knows it was Barton, but what the case need really was CCTV. Without that a clever Silk would always fancy his chances against a prosecution witness.

Hence why we try to minimise their use nowadays.

I wasn’t aware. That’s just basics then. Should’ve been all over the statement one way or the other. Poor statement taking. 

• Like 1