IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh just saw this. This is two different payers as well. An anonymous account from the first, and then Ryan Taylor in the second clipping. So JB has been a **** on multiple occasions, to multiple players under his care. Note this sentence as well:

"The Athletic can also reveal he faces the possibility of a disciplinary charge from the FA relating to the Barnsley-Fleetwood game, regardless of the verdict from the court." Presumably would result in little more than a few games touchline ban, but interesting nonetheless.

Also he's due in court next thursday for an alleged assault on his wife.

23 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I read somewhere UK has the lowest numbers of Police per 100,000 people in Western Europe - something like 211 - unarmed.

Australia is not much better - 215 per 100,000, but that was 2017, and I know Policing has had a boost with Police Community Officers added - they are manning all Train Stations from open to close, and public buildings - in a 40% increase in general police numbers in the last 3 years. We are probably at 280 per 100,000 now - all armed.

Interesting stats - and shows why UK Police have completely lost the streets.  @Fordy62

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_number_of_police_officers

Edited by The Constant Rabbit

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Every time I check League One to see who they are playing, I burst out laughing when I realise my mistake ???

I do the same!

Look at L1 for how Plymouth and Rovers have done before realising that Rovers aren't there and I need to scroll down further.

Tbf it is quite an achievement for a non-league club to have stayed up for five years so far given that they are now competing with full time professional clubs.

• Haha 10

Then when you get to League 2 you find they are rubbing elbows with the like of Salford, Crawley, Barrow and Stevenage in the lower mid-table.

I bet they are wishing they were fighting for a "guaranteed" promotion with the likes of the "big clubs" such as Harrowgate, Sutton, and Forest Green.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, cityal said:

Then when you get to League 2 you find they are rubbing elbows with the like of Salford, Crawley, Barrow and Stevenage in the lower mid-table.

I bet they are wishing they were fighting for a "guaranteed" promotion with the likes of the "big clubs" such as Harrowgate, Sutton, and Forest Green.

29 minutes ago, cityal said:

I think you’ll find that if, as the popular song would have it,’the Football League is upside down’, then the Barcelona of South Glos will very soon be in the Champion’s League. It is Liverpool City who should be worrying about the Conference.  

Edited by Southport Red

11 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Talking more garbage as usual and if there are no good teams in Div 4 why is he managing in it. At one stage he's more concerned how his looks!

He looks riddled with ‘Scouse’

Moustache....done ?

Grow his hair a bit longer and it’ll be ready for the perm.

Then he can look, act and sound like something out of a Harry Enfield sketch from 30 years ago.

Gary, Barry, Terry and Joey

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

He really is an absolute **** . How anyone can even justify employing him is beyond words . 

scum of the earth 

I bumped into a Gashead this morning from Bristol and he said " they're by far the biggest club in league 2 with their huge fanbase and potential and that Barton is the right man for the job" I was speechless, smiled and changed the topic of conversation.

Edited by Shaun Taylor
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I bumped into a Gashead this morning from Bristol and he said " they're by far the biggest club in league 2 with their huge fanbase and potential and that Barton is the right man for the job" I was speechless, smiled and changed the topic of conversation.

He could talk! Evolution obviously taken a leap.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Wow, delusion at heroic levels!

So they are, BY FAR bigger than your team which has won the League Cup and been in the top division since the dinosaurs died out. They have also fallen out of the Football League, which plenty of League 2 teams haven’t. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Wow, delusion at heroic levels!

So they are, BY FAR bigger than your team which has won the League Cup and been in the top division since the dinosaurs died out. They have also fallen out of the Football League, which plenty of League 2 teams haven’t. 

It baffled me when he was spurting out that rubbish and I didn't want to hurt his feelings and the ironic thing is he actually goes to most of their home games and seems content with what is happening there.

34 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Surprised he didn't mention the shiny new 100,000 seater stadium they had started building at the fruit market.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Even if rovers got to the champ they wouldn’t get what Bradford do and I swear rovers are still about 3 or 4 thousand under what you get at Swindon .

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Even if rovers got to the champ they wouldn’t get what Bradford do and I swear rovers are still about 3 or 4 thousand under what you get at Swindon .

We've had our much documented problems on and off the pitch with poisonous Power but at least we can see things going in the right direction now that we have a decent owner but Rovers seem to have stagnated or gone backwards since becoming the sixth richest club in the football league!

• Like 1