IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Towns Talk for grab a granny? 

As for Scamps, even a spotty chubby little lad like me could get lucky there. It was also the place where I was introduced,  among other things, to Dexys Midnight Runners and I don't mean the band. :whistle:

Towns talk been refurbished now, it's a lovely place believe it or not!

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

They have been quite busy discussing it over on Gaschat.

Seems to be a lot of apathy towards the location of the Fruit Market based on it not being quite as convenient as it could be.

My favourite complaint is that the bus service to that location is shit. It is entirely lost on at least one of them that NEW BUS SERVICES AND ROUTES COULD BE INTRODUCED.

Thick as mince.

Yes, just the 12 buses or so every hour that stop at Totterdown Bridge on the Bath Road. ******* idiots.

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I like the poster who preferred Lyde Green for the stadium because it was quite close to Parkway!  Only a 1hr 31 stomp according to Google Maps! 

1C50A949-1176-4CF1-9C2D-975F7E04A8C8.jpeg

B5FB59BB-343C-4E98-A575-608EF7A78281.jpeg

Fun fact, they were offered a site in that area relatively recently.  I believe another sporting organisation are now going to develop it instead ?

• Like 1

On 11/01/2022 at 19:09, Sleepy1968 said:

The Fruit Market (does it need to change name? Insert politically incorrect joke.)

The Fruit Bowl.

The Banana Skin Stadium.

The Sour Grapes Arena

The Five a Day Arena ... ?! ??On a good day it could refer to both their “loyal and massive” away following or the goals they concede ... probably a bit desperate on my part ... but always worth a go! ?✌️?

2 hours ago, CiderJar said:

The delusion is astounding

So to summarise:

League Position

City  - 15/24

Rovers - 18/24

Points from Playoffs

City - 10 (GD deficit ito 6th is 12)

Rovers - 9 (GD deficit to 7th is 10)

Points from Relegation

City - 11

Rovers - 7

Conclusion

City - Relegation dog fight

Rovers - "Bristol Rovers are 18th in League Two and nine points of the play-offs, but with games in hand and the league table cluttered they remain in the promotion conversation"

WTAF???? 

This is frankly embarassing from a reporter (even one from Bristol Live) - its no wonder the mutants that inhabit their swamp continually spout BS like they are "coming from us"  when the local Journo and the club is feeding them a constant diet of propaganda that would make a North Korean leader blush.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, cityal said:

So to summarise:

League Position

City  - 15/24

Rovers - 18/24

Points from Playoffs

City - 10 (GD deficit ito 6th is 12)

Rovers - 9 (GD deficit to 7th is 10)

Points from Relegation

City - 11

Rovers - 7

Conclusion

City - Relegation dog fight

Rovers - "Bristol Rovers are 18th in League Two and nine points of the play-offs, but with games in hand and the league table cluttered they remain in the promotion conversation"

WTAF???? 

This is frankly embarassing from a reporter (even one from Bristol Live) - its no wonder the mutants that inhabit their swamp continually spout BS like they are "coming from us"  when the local Journo and the club is feeding them a constant diet of propaganda that would make a North Korean leader blush.

It's more funny than embarrassing. Whilst it remains a bit of a longshot they do have an outside chance of making the playoffs, but it isn't a serious proposition unless they hit form soon and win 5 or 6 on the trot. It's more likely for them than us, but not really likley for them.

As for City. Well, we've finally managed to get all the players kicking in the same direction. So things are looking up. I don't think we'll be in danger of a relegation dog fight this season. If Derby and Reading hadn't had points deductions I would be less confident though. We'll maintain at least a lower mid table position.

28 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Why can't it just be called:

"The absolute shit hole stadium full of thick deluded *****"

It's what their current ground is called so they'll feel right at home if they get a new one.

Shouldn't that be "half full of"?

• Like 1