IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The stadium was finished on August 2nd 2021 (according to their lord and master), but I have yet to see reviews or pictures of it, let alone any discussion about it's impact on the fortunes of the club. 

To be fair, I was expecting better floodlights than the ones they've put in the new stadium…...

new stadium.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I had forgotten that one, bigger than Norwich, the rest and Leeds plus are ready to be the next Man Utd. Un bloody believable.

When did Leeds last have 6k at home?

8,806 when they played us in the League Cup in 1997.  Hasselbaink played for them and scored, we lost 3-1.

Elland Road was practically empty apart from our end as it was the first time we`d been there in best part of twenty years.

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Took wifey to physio this morning, after a full knee replacement and stopped of at Boswell's in Kingswood for a coffee and a bacon roll. It was pretty busy so I found her a table and queued up. While I was in the queue, my Mrs offered to share her table with a fella and his grand daughter. No problem thought I until i sat down face to face with Mr Ian Holloway!  ?

He was very nice to be fair. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Took wifey to physio this morning, after a full knee replacement and stopped of at Boswell's in Kingswood for a coffee and a bacon roll. It was pretty busy so I found her a table and queued up. While I was in the queue, my Mrs offered to share her table with a fella and his grand daughter. No problem thought I until i sat down face to face with Mr Ian Holloway!  ?

A couple of years ago I was working on a house refurb at Lacock and someone told me the chap who came to mow the lawn every Thursday was an ex city player. Anyway Thursday came and looking out of the window I thought I don’t recognise him as a city player. A bit later he came in and said I hear you’re a city fan, it turned out to be Andy Tillson! 
Had a bit of a laugh with him about him still being the gas’s most expensive signing.He wore Southampton training tops most weeks and threatened to wear a gas shirt one week but I did warn him there might be an “accident” with a tin of paint! We worked there for a few months and he was always interested to chat about city,rovers and local football. One of the nicest blokes I’ve met.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, 42nite said:

?   Did he know you were a Ted?

We've met before but spent most of the time talking about his granddaughter and the fact 'nanny' wasn't too well. He absolutely dotes on the little one so it seemed rather crass TBH.

As I left I did mention that the last time I saw him in Kingswood was hanging off a bus saying 'let's play spot the City fan', as he replied, 'that was a long time ago'.

To be honest, although I despised him as a player and sag, I can't help but have respect for the guy for putting up with all the crap we've thrown at him over the years plus his family difficulties.

Even the Mrs was impressed how polite I was (brownie points).

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

And you now own a chicken hutch.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Na. He's a proper c@unt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

And you now own a chicken hutch.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I was gonna ask as we're getting a puppy next week but thought I should call Neyymarrr instead! ;)

Everytime I hear Neymar mentioned anywhere I still chuckle at the calls

Though the one not in the public domain are the funniest

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mattjb said:

A couple of years ago I was working on a house refurb at Lacock and someone told me the chap who came to mow the lawn every Thursday was an ex city player. Anyway Thursday came and looking out of the window I thought I don’t recognise him as a city player. A bit later he came in and said I hear you’re a city fan, it turned out to be Andy Tillson! 
Had a bit of a laugh with him about him still being the gas’s most expensive signing.He wore Southampton training tops most weeks and threatened to wear a gas shirt one week but I did warn him there might be an “accident” with a tin of paint! We worked there for a few months and he was always interested to chat about city,rovers and local football. One of the nicest blokes I’ve met.

wrong thread

Edited by Sweeneys Penalties
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

met him a few years ago in Waterstones up at Cribbs. I was looking for my (late) Fathers birthday present (an ex ref....and there was me in a Bath Rugby top). He seemed a seriously nice bloke, autographed and annotated a personal message in a book (his autobiography) for my Dad and we had a pretty decent chat. He knew I was a "ted" (though couldnt quite square that with the Bath Rugby top), and we parted company. Yes he's gas, yes he's said some silly things when he was younger, but he strikes me when you speak to him 1-1 as an OK bloke. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

met him a few years ago in Waterstones up at Cribbs. I was looking for my (late) Fathers birthday present (an ex ref....and there was me in a Bath Rugby top). He seemed a seriously nice bloke, autographed and annotated a personal message in a book (his autobiography) for my Dad and we had a pretty decent chat. He knew I was a "ted" (though couldnt quite square that with the Bath Rugby top), and we parted company. Yes he's gas, yes he's said some silly things when he was younger, but he strikes me when you speak to him 1-1 as an OK bloke. 

My old man used to bump in to him around Longwell Green a lot a number of years back, said he was a lovely bloke. Passionate about Bristol, loves the City of Bristol and just want to be associated with a successful region he is really proud to cone from.

Difficult to argue with that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

You support Bath rugby?! Glory hunter?! ????

• Like 1

Nige might have his faults but Joey Barton, what an awful person. If I have read this correctly he has an injured player of whom he says "if you’re not playing you’re not going to be here long." and whom he is looking to move out of the club

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exit-nears-bristol-rovers-defender-6529134