IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Didn’t fancy supporting Bath City FC then?! ????? - glory hunter! 

When I was a kid my Dad introduced me to Ashton Gate. He had family in Bedminster (his own father was in Bedminster) and Pill. I've been over to Bath City many times but this "gloryhunter" has watched City home and away in all 4 divisions. If I was a a glory hunter I'd have done what so many others in Bath have done...follow Arsenal,  Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool etc but I stayed local (ish). I've lived in Sheffield (still followed City) though wasn't averse to turning up at Bramall Lane or occasionally Huddersfield or Rotherham and I've also lived in Swindon (but enjoyed popping into Tesco when Swindon were playing at home with a City top on). I now live in Box but still go to Ashton Gate. There ya go. A minor life story explained (oh and my Secondary school was St Brendan's). Any further questions please feel free to message me personally as I'm pretty sure that my ramble is of little interest to anyone reading this thread

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

45 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

When I was a kid my Dad introduced me to Ashton Gate. He had family in Bedminster (his own father was in Bedminster) and Pill. I've been over to Bath City many times but this "gloryhunter" has watched City home and away in all 4 divisions. If I was a a glory hunter I'd have done what so many others in Bath have done...follow Arsenal,  Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool etc but I stayed local (ish). I've lived in Sheffield (still followed City) though wasn't averse to turning up at Bramall Lane or occasionally Huddersfield or Rotherham and I've also lived in Swindon (but enjoyed popping into Tesco when Swindon were playing at home with a City top on). I now live in Box but still go to Ashton Gate. There ya go. A minor life story explained (oh and my Secondary school was St Brendan's). Any further questions please feel free to message me personally as I'm pretty sure that my ramble is of little interest to anyone reading this thread

My ‘glory hunter’ thing was just a jovial jibe.... sorry if it touched a nerve, I agree you are a City fan - Bristol not Bath ... ???

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

My ‘glory hunter’ thing was just a jovial jibe.... sorry if it touched a nerve, I agree you are a City fan - Bristol not Bath ... ???

Probs cos I've had a gutful over the years. One of my staff when I worked I worked in Bedminster honestly believed my folks had servants (just because they lived in Bath). I remember getting a new tyre in Bishopsworth..."don't meet many from your place down 'ere". On the other hand I was always well treated in Syms Avenue. It was what it was

7 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

1-1. 

Boo.

The few had 6 booked, is that a fine these days?

Radio Bristol social media & Barton were knocking one out over their performance but apparently their goal was a mishit cross & both sides had almost identical shots on & off target so a draw seems fair.

This is fourth division football, of course.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Probs cos I've had a gutful over the years. One of my staff when I worked I worked in Bedminster honestly believed my folks had servants (just because they lived in Bath). I remember getting a new tyre in Bishopsworth..."don't meet many from your place down 'ere". On the other hand I was always well treated in Syms Avenue. It was what it was

It's not very often you see the words "Bristol City" and "Glory Hunter" in the same sentence :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, harrys said:

Seems like there must have been over 500 gas in the home ends at Swindon because according to Barton there were over 3000 gas heads at the ground despite only being given 2500 tickets!!!!!

It's a like a cult isn't it? Everyone that goes there starts spouting bizarre nonsense as facts with no self awareness at all.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Another Gift

Gas.jpg

Looks like he took his kids Adidas bottoms as well.

Either that or he's been wearing the whole lot since he was in school and literally hasn't taken it off.

Like to see the struggle when/if he tries taking that blue and white rag off.