IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Two takeaways from slagchat:

It was all the ball boys` fault.

Sixty geordies in the away end apparently...........................................

Wouldn't surprise me if a few Newcastle fans went, Barton played for them for 3 years.

All this will do however, is subtract 60 from the 'loyal and true' number.

7 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

It's not even theirs then!

I don't believe so, but it will need a Google.

32 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

There were Cole not gas t shirts 

Yes there were Sticks , I remember going to watch us at Luton when Andy Cole was playing and saw a bloke wearing one. This same bloke got up and shouted at Steve Claridge when he came to retrieve a ball for a corner “ Oi Claridge, pull your socks up you feckin scruffy Kent”

Edited by Wealwayseatcheese

1 hour ago, redysteadygo said:

Didn't we have t shirts printed 

" We hate the gas We're all electric"

Have just remembered the correct t shirt printing which was prompted by a TV advert for electricity at the time the Eastville feckers tried to grab our ground when we went into administration.   It read 

"We don't want the gas we're all electric"

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Really? If it was 650 then that’s only half what we took the last time we were in a lower league promotion battle?

Pretty shit support if you ask me 

When we won the title recently we didnt take over 600 i don't think? I am referring to Carlisle itself.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist

4 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

Have just remembered the correct t shirt printing which was prompted by a TV advert for electricity at the time the Eastville feckers tried to grab our ground when we went into administration.   It read 

"We don't want the gas we're all electric"

We used to sing "The gas, the gas, we've got to get rid of the gas" because of the stench from the gasworks at Eastville, and they decided it was a compliment.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

When we won the title recently we didnt take over 600 i don't think? I am referring to Carlisle itself.

We took a load up there under Gary Johnson, a lot of us flew to Newcastle then drove across and flew back to Bristol the same night

15 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

RB said 650 odd haha. Doesn't look like it there but fair play thats very good if accurate.

637 according to the Carlisle Twitter feed, not sure how many they had won on the spin? 4? So not all that considering.

Even Radio Bristol add on to the actual number, it’s what they do..

8 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Assuming you mean the Cotterill season, it’s hardly surprising. 

We didn’t play them…!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

??

We didn’t play Carlisle that season?

Im talking about when we were promoted from L1 under Gary Johnson and we played up there towards the end of that campaign. We took 1322.

What’s Rovers excuse? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

??

We didn’t play Carlisle that season?

Im talking about when we were promoted from L1 under Gary Johnson and we played up there towards the end of that campaign. We took 1322.

What’s Rovers excuse? 

Ah yes season before it was with a JET hat trick. Rovers are a small club so its pretty good is it not?

59 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Ah yes season before it was with a JET hat trick. Rovers are a small club so its pretty good is it not?

Season before with the JET hat trick we hadn’t won a league game for 7 months and we were bottom of L1.

Rovers are a small club but their fans have delusions of grandeur about their support. At the same time they constantly slag off our supposedly shit away following. 
So no, by the standards they claim for themselves it’s not pretty good especially when it’s only half what we took in a similar position.

If they didn’t spout shit and lies people like me wouldn’t mention it.

I shouldn’t have to explain this.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2