IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Season before with the JET hat trick we hadn’t won a league game for 7 months and we were bottom of L1.

Rovers are a small club but their fans have delusions of grandeur about their support. At the same time they constantly slag off our supposedly shit away following. 
So no, by the standards they claim for themselves it’s not pretty good especially when it’s only half what we took in a similar position.

If they didn’t spout shit and lies people like me wouldn’t mention it.

I shouldn’t have to explain this.

They took 295 away to Barrow I bet you've never taken that few anywhere!  I would love to see their average away following this season v yours

14 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

They took 295 away to Barrow I bet you've never taken that few anywhere!  I would love to see their average away following this season v yours

We have never been to Barrow in my memory, but there have been dark days when we would have had lower figures than that. But then there have been days more recently when they couldn't scrape together 3 figures worth.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

We have..

Although I don’t remember a following that low on a Saturday. I could be wrong of course.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

17 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

We have never been to Barrow in my memory, but there have been dark days when we would have had lower figures than that. But then there have been days more recently when they couldn't scrape together 3 figures worth.

We sold out the 600 tickets Barrow gave us but Rovers are supposed to be the team with the massive away following!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

We sold out the 600 tickets Barrow gave us but Rovers are supposed to be the team with the massive away following!

Well I was right about not playing Barrow in my memory, or anyone else still alive by the look of it! We have never played them at their ground.

Screenshot_20220327-131055_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Port Said Red

4 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I see Phil Brown Is manager there now

He likes teams that are based in the back of beyond doesn't he?

Sorry, I never realised he managed your lot. I meant, Hull, Southend, Preston, some team in Hyderabad and now Barrow.

Edited by Port Said Red

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He likes teams that are based in the back of beyond doesn't he?

Sorry, I never realised he managed your lot. I meant, Hull, Southend, Preston, some team in Hyderabad and now Barrow.

I think he done ok here considering he was working for a parasite of a chairman and as for Barrow its a strange job as they have a fanbase similar to FGR and a ground that has has many stands as the swamp so no real chance of progression.

Edited by Shaun Taylor

19 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

RB said 650 odd haha. Doesn't look like it there but fair play thats very good if accurate.

They're definitely "odd".

Can't argue with that.

It certainly looks like less than 650 in that photo ( how dare anyone doubt the narrative? )

I guess the missing 200 are actually the ficticious 10,000 locked outside as per usual.

Oh yeh, and as for the 60 supposed geordies in the away end. The reality is they are as fictious as the notorious 10,000  . . . . or probably match stewards. But hey-ho who are we to doubt that fans of every club love the wonderful Woe-vers.

Yesterday's defeat was woe, woe and thrice woe for the miserable Blue Few.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I think he done ok here considering he was working for a parasite of a chairman and as for Barrow its a strange job as they have a fanbase similar to FGR and a ground that has has many stands as the swamp so no real chance of progression.

I doubt he`ll get many opportunities to top up his tan there either............................

4 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

They're definitely "odd".

Can't argue with that.

It certainly looks like less than 650 in that photo ( how dare anyone doubt the narrative? )

I guess the missing 200 are actually the ficticious 10,000 locked outside as per usual.

Oh yeh, and as for the 60 supposed geordies in the away end. The reality is they are as fictious as the notorious 10,000  . . . . or probably match stewards. But hey-ho who are we to doubt that fans of every club love the wonderful Woe-vers.

Yesterday's defeat was woe, woe and thrice woe for the miserable Blue Few.

Elliot Anderson's dad was celebrating his 50th birthday with some mates, hence the Geordie contingent in the away end.  Local day out to see his son play, nothing more than that. 

18 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Elliot Anderson's dad was celebrating his 50th birthday with some mates, hence the Geordie contingent in the away end.  Local day out to see his son play, nothing more than that. 

So would the 59 Geordies have bought their tickets from the BRFC site or pay on the day. If it's through the website then Rovers only sold 600 if it's pay on the day that would make 700 in that photo?

Edited by Shaun Taylor

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Chill out mate haha

It does get exasperating going over the same old ground again and again. The scum constantly cherry pick away attendances of ours (e.g. Barnsley the other week) as evidence we have a crap support, but it gives a distorted view - if you average out our away followings versus theirs ours is better. @Peter O Hanraha-hanrahanhas laid out the stats to back this up several times.

Now, they will say they have a higher percentage who go away but to me all that signifies is how abysmal their home support is. For a team on an annoyingly decent run there have been a lot of gates beginning with a 7 this season. ?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

It does get exasperating going over the same old ground again and again. The scum constantly cherry pick away attendances of ours (e.g. Barnsley the other week) as evidence we have a crap support, but it gives a distorted view - if you average out our away followings versus theirs ours is better. @Peter O Hanraha-hanrahanhas laid out the stats to back this up several times.

Now, they will say they have a higher percentage who go away but to me all that signifies is how abysmal their home support is. For a team on an annoyingly decent run there have been a lot of gates beginning with a 7 this season. ?

If they go up and struggle, that 7 will be replaced by 5 and 6 quicker than you can say ‘loyal and true’

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

If they go up and struggle, that 7 will be replaced by 5 and 6 quicker than you can say ‘loyal and true’

The trouble is though, they`ll have some big teams with good away support coming to the swamp and will use 2000 Owls or Derby fans to feed the narrative that the blue few are the bestest and most loyal fans in the whole world. 

8 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Their big away support is more than a myth! Last week we took 1050 to Crawley that's all they gave us but Gas only took 600 a few weeks earlier 

30 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The trouble is though, they`ll have some big teams with good away support coming to the swamp and will use 2000 Owls or Derby fans to feed the narrative that the blue few are the bestest and most loyal fans in the whole world. 

That's if they let them have that many as they only gave us 700 for the leave game and probably be similar if we played them in the play offs 

20 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I watched the first 30 secs of that thinking Rovers were playing some nice stuff, then I remembered that Carlisle play in blue & white..., first of their "highlights" was a player stumbling into the penalty area and lashing a shot straight at the keeper

Edited by fgrsimon

10 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

I watched the first 30 secs of that thinking Rovers were playing some nice stuff, then I remembered that Carlisle play in blue & white..., first of their "highlights" was a player stumbling into the penalty area and lashing a shot straight at the keeper

I liked the United chants within the first 30 seconds and no sign of Irene?