IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

39 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If the Fewers don't sneak 3rd place and they do get to the play off final, I wonder how many they'll actually take.

I'd guess 40k.

Depends on how many are locked out (which will probably be a lot for them if they face either Swindon or Newport).

Also you need to factor in all the obsessed Ted’s that will turn up hoping to see Rovers lose.

Edited by Gert Mare

On 02/04/2022 at 22:43, BS4 on Tour... said:

Radio Bristol reckon they sell out for every home game - utter tosh ... they didn’t even sell out when they played a friendly vs Man Utd at the world famous ‘Mem’ ... and the Mancs fielded a strong team including players like Beckham, Solskjaer and Scholes I believe 

That game did sell out.

12 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Why oh why is this shit still on our site ,our fans more interested about some bottom league shit than what’s happening at the gate TAKE IT DOWN 

It is all in one place to be ignored if you want. Take it down and you'll have a thread for every time they do something stupid; so many many threads.

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No it didn’t, the crowd was 10,534 for gas vs Man Utd - the Mem capacity at the time was more than that ... it was 12,300 I believe ...

It may have been for rugby, but it was always less for football. I had a spare ticket and had a crowd of people trying to buy it off me. And there were people trying to get vantage points outside the ground.

I'm not claiming getting 10k for a friendly against Manchester United is any great shakes, but there were plenty of people (mostly local United fans) trying to get tickets in the days before the game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It may have been for rugby, but it was always less for football. I had a spare ticket and had a crowd of people trying to buy it off me. And there were people trying to get vantage points outside the ground.

I'm not claiming getting 10k for a friendly against Manchester United is any great shakes, but there were plenty of people (mostly local United fans) trying to get tickets in the days before the game.

We drew 3-3 in a friendly/testimonial vs Man Utd and there was a ‘Bristol Reds’ banner in the away end - hated that - I knew a guy who arranged coaches to every Man Utd home game from Plymouth and Bristol - just can’t understand it - but pointless trying to as I probably never will! At least gasheads support a club in Bristol ...

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We drew 3-3 in a friendly/testimonial vs Man Utd and there was a ‘Bristol Reds’ banner in the away end - hated that - I knew a guy who arranged coaches to every Man Utd home game from Plymouth and Bristol - just can’t understand it - but pointless trying to as I probably never will! At least gasheads support a club in Bristol ...

I remember that match, Chris Garlands testimonial. I remember Man Utd destroying us in the first half and then easing off noticeably in the 2nd. For each of United’s 3 goals there were a few people celebrating in the East End. Presume they were Bristolian gloryhunters.

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It may have been for rugby, but it was always less for football. 

Still is for obvious reasons.

Our first sell out at AG was against Birmingham City and the crowd was 26,000 not 27,000 (the stadium capacity).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

After the cup game with Man.Utd. there was a United suppoerter who runs a vlog interviewing their fans after the game. Most of them were from Bristol..

As you say, at least Gasheads support a team in their own city (albeit the wrong one).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I remember that match, Chris Garlands testimonial. I remember Man Utd destroying us in the first half and then easing off noticeably in the 2nd. For each of United’s 3 goals there were a few people celebrating in the East End. Presume they were Bristolian gloryhunters.

I was in the Dolman that night and it was full of Bristolian kids with Man Utd scarves on.

Didn’t Osman bring on the untried (and largely unheard of) Matt Hewlett, Mike Wyatt and Jason Fowler at half time? That’s what made the turnaround so enjoyable, though admittedly Man Utd were hardly busting a gut.

Edited by The Dolman Pragmatist
  • Like 1

Tonight's games could be a win win for them, If Port Vale and Forest Green win it decreases their chances of automatic promotion, but increases their chances of making the play offs. But the opposite is true if Mansfield and Salford win. I think the worst results for them would be Mansfield and Salford winning though as it puts 3rd place 3 points away and brings Salford right into the play off mix. 

Edited by Port Said Red

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I was in the Dolman that night and it was full of Bristolian kids with Man Utd scarves on.

Didn’t Osman bring on the untried (and largely unheard of) Matt Hewlett, Mike Wyatt and Jason Fowler at half time? That’s what made the turnaround so enjoyable, though admittedly Man Utd were hardly busting a gut.

Haha, your memory’s better than mine if he did mate. I can’t even remember who scored for us. At the time I thought “what a comeback” but it dawned on me over the following weeks that United dropped several gears after the break. 

Still, like you say, it was an enjoyable match to watch especially as all 6 goals were scored right in front of us in the East End ?

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Haha, your memory’s better than mine if he did mate. I can’t even remember who scored for us. At the time I thought “what a comeback” but it dawned on me over the following weeks that United dropped several gears after the break. 

Still, like you say, it was an enjoyable match to watch especially as all 6 goals were scored right in front of us in the East End ?

Watched that one from the Williams Stand (although it may still have been the Grand Stand back then!).  From memory, Ferguson brought a full strength team, apart from Cantona - Chris Garland deserved nothing less. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Watched that one from the Williams Stand (although it may still have been the Grand Stand back then!).  From memory, Ferguson brought a full strength team, apart from Cantona - Chris Garland deserved nothing less. 

Another one with good memory, it was the Williams stand by then but fairly recent iirc.

I seem to remember Utd having a decent side, maybe not totally full strength but they were very good. I think someone had a word with them at half time and said “take it a bit steady lads...it’s a testimonial” ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Tonight's games could be a win win for them, If Port Vale and Forest Green win it decreases their chances of automatic promotion, but increases their chances of making the play offs. But the opposite is true if Mansfield and Salford win. I think the worst results for them would be Mansfield and Salford winning though as it puts 3rd place 3 points away and brings Salford right into the play off mix. 

Tough call but yes Mansfield and Salford wins is prob the best.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When I lived in Bridgwater I used to see them all lined up waiting for a coach on Broadway. I always wound the window down and let them know what I thought.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

10 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

When I lived in Bridgwater I used to see them all lined up waiting for a coach on Broadway. I always wound the window down and let them know what I thought.

There used to be coaches to Liverpool and Man Utd from Bridgwater most weeks 

Ray white ran the Utd coach until he got caught stealing from the club and a guy named Charle ran the Liverpool coach but at least he came from Liverpool . . 
would quite often jump on them on for Sunday games if there was a spare seat