IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Converting £15m of loans into shares shows that Wael is in it for the long haul; I would have thought that that was very good news for the Rovers: you have a wealthy and committed owner.

Why would they not disclose wages though? Is that common?

1 hour ago, Lydered said:

Why would they not disclose wages though? Is that common?

I often used to have this discussion with my MD about similar items.  I was happy that he put as much "soft" data into the report as he liked but when it came to disclosure of accounts the rule was always to provide the bare minimum allowable by law because it firstly costs you in having to have it audited and secondly because it gives your competitors more knowledge about you.

It's good accounting practice not to disclose any figures that you aren't legally required to disclose.

Football clubs have been fairly late to catch onto this but the now fairly common practice of not disclosing individual transfer fees as they happen is a good idea in business terms; if rather annoying for the fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 04/04/2022 at 04:23, Gert Mare said:

The new ‘Bristol City Coming For You’ Rovers hat.

The hat comes with an incinerated sausage roll.

On sale now for their expected Wembley day out this year where they will amass 60,000 in the lower tiers.

A guaranteed Cup Final for the opposition in May.

F7C6991D-1F6E-4186-A3EE-0C3828E7BC04.webp

DB6F7CAA-14A5-4298-81DB-C4E6654BACB0.webp

E8F8D8A0-BAED-4111-8AE1-74D540707348.webp

E70C4247-71A0-49A6-8A27-4C5456A159EF.webp

Yet more jesterwear, funny how they embrace the idea tbh!

4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Converting £15m of loans into shares shows that Wael is in it for the long haul; I would have thought that that was very good news for the Rovers: you have a wealthy and committed owner.

6 hours ago, In the Net said:

I'm waiting for @Eddie Hitler to explain what it all means.

I would imagine that's it though, that's the figure he mentioned when the rest of the family moved on. Whether he can afford to do that over a period of time remains to be seen, £15m pa would eat up his reported personal fortune very quickly.

4 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

We've sold out our 3500 allocation for Wallsall in a months time and even if we miss out on the play offs it's been a fantastic season for us considering we alomost went bust last summer.

Rovers would of sold out quicker .its what they do.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I would imagine that's it though, that's the figure he mentioned when the rest of the family moved on. Whether he can afford to do that over a period of time remains to be seen, £15m pa would eat up his reported personal fortune very quickly.

15mil is cumulative isn't it?

36 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

What’s that about? 

It was about some stickers being against the #hergametoo initiative , designed to encourage women to attend football matches.  Quite why anyone would be against women going to football is beyond me. Maybe they're worried the women will steal their virginity.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Probably been on here before, but I just saw this on Twitter. Can't help thinking the "I Can do what I want " decoration, and being single , are linked somehow :whistle2:

1477568409_Screenshot2022-04-09at10_08_17.png.3e6bdd69cc790ac5aa2caec140bc6e01.png

Surprised he hasn’t got guttering around his bed…

• Haha 2