IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Even with their accounting they couldn't declare five figures as their capacity is capped at less than 10000

Didn't it used to be 12,000?

I presume it has now been lowered as they wouldn't have been able to afford the extra stewarding for checking Covid passes when they were required as I believe 10,000 was the threshold for it?

Edited by richwwtk

I am sure they will be glued to their TV tonight counting all the empty seats at the gate, laughing about how our ground is too big for us, conveniently forgetting that -

it is on TV;

on a Bank Holiday Monday evening;

That a lot of those empty seats will have been sold; 

It's a dead rubber for us;

It will still be around twice their "sold out" stadium capacity.

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

... and Yeovil Town and Forest Green Rovers both have much better stadiums than da roverzzzz - whilst FGR are also way ahead of da famous quarterz on the pitch too ... those poor souls who occasionally frequent the Mem, when it isn’t raining, just can’t grasp their true status in the West Country footballing hierarchy ... but never forget, they are “bigger than Norwich City” and their away support is “on a par with Liverpool, West Ham, Wolves and Sunderland” - they do make me chuckle ... ???

To quote a line from the wonderful Fawlty Towers:

`There`s enough material here for an entire conference`

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I am sure they will be glued to their TV tonight counting all the empty seats at the gate, laughing about how our ground is too big for us, conveniently forgetting that -

it is on TV;

on a Bank Holiday Monday evening;

That a lot of those empty seats will have been sold; 

It's a dead rubber for us;

It will still be around twice their "sold out" stadium capacity.

Crikey - you're getting your excuses in early!

All seaters always make the gaps more visible - with terraces, people just spread out a bit more, so you don't get the empty spaces, like you do in a stadium with unused seats. I would think you'll get a decent turn out, people who've done the family stuff during the day can still attend, without it impacting on time with the kids etc.

2 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Crikey - you're getting your excuses in early!

All seaters always make the gaps more visible - with terraces, people just spread out a bit more, so you don't get the empty spaces, like you do in a stadium with unused seats. I would think you'll get a decent turn out, people who've done the family stuff during the day can still attend, without it impacting on time with the kids etc.

Good Luck this afternoon, if you are going.

I shall be interested to hear what sort of reception DC is given by your travelling fans, both before and after the game.

11 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Did the guy ropes snap on a couple of their tents?

Reduce capacity and crow about a sellout. And still there’s the uncomfortable fact an awful lot of their attendances started with a 6 or 7 this season. ?

Just means that even on a bad day for us we'll still get double the attendance and these will be genuine fans not 'Glory Hunters' as the Gas seem to be attracting lately 

Edited by E.G.Red

29 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

They need to go up or that team will be broken up. The 2 young centre backs are being scouted by teams higher up the pyramid for starters.

If they’re any good they’ll be desperate to leave that dump regardless of which division they’re in.

7 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

I wouldn’t despair yet, the Gastards aren’t even in the automatic promotion places. There’s very little margin for error at the top of that division.

If they win at Vale, that’s a good result ?. They have Forest Green at the Mem, who are not playing well at the moment. Then Rochdale and Scunthorpe. Wouldn’t be surprised if they won there remaining 3 games and got 3rd. Gits! 

• Like 1