IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Living as a kid on the ‘front line’ in North West Bristol, the majority of mates were Sags, several of whom were ball boys at Eastville. Most tried to convince me at one stage or other to cross to the dark side. Don’t know how, but one Saturday they persuaded me to ballboy at the Dog Track. It was against Reading. 

Still receiving therapy. 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I feel sorry for you having such hate for them. All hate does is effect you and not effect the object of your hate one iota so why bother?
To me the gas mean nothing, nothing at all but as the other Bristol club I hope they do well and if they get promoted then well done to them.

I've always hated the Gas and I've always hated the Tories. Some things will never change!!

37 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Is that a quote from the small businesses in Bedminster?

Think most small businesses in Bedminster are quite grateful for the presence of the football club nearby and the increased footfall that it brings on a regular basis.

If you’re referring to the small businesses that suffered as a result of our financial difficulties 40 years ago then it’s a tricky path for Gasheads to venture especially considering the fact that Rovers were found to have been paying non playing staff below minimum wage and the business between your club and the small company that erected the fence at your training ground. As far as I’m aware there’s no financial reason why Rovers should have difficulty paying the going rate to staff and settling bills?

Lets not forget the way the Rugby club was treated.

Lanterne Rouge is clearly talking about the time Rovers deliberately tried to bury us at our lowest point. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1

Tempted to watch from the away end on saturday, FGR could confirm promotion and I think if Rovers slip up it should pretty much kill off any hope of automatic. Probably should be a crime against football just turning up to the game where a team get promoted but could be an interesting day out.

18 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I agree. Swindon are too far away, but its a giant improvement on how they started the season. Suspect the Gastards will finish third, but League 1 will be a very tough ask for them 

Hate to say it but our season looks over unless we can win our last 4 games so the 3500 going to Wallsall on the last day of the season will be going for a celebration that we still have a club rather than in hope of making the play offs.

Loan players being called back in January and losing our top goal scorer or several games has caught up with us but I'm sure we're be back stronger next season with more time to prepare a new squad. Even though the Gas have  been on a great run and hats off to them they are still not guaranteed promotion and even if they achieve it I struggle to see how they can survive against the quality teams in league one. On the positive side our attenadces both home and away have been excellent and hopefully will continue next season 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Hate to say it but our season looks over unless we can win our last 4 games so the 3500 going to Wallsall on the last day of the season will be going for a celebration that we still have a club rather than in hope of making the play offs.

Loan players being called back in January and losing our top goal scorer or several games has caught up with us but I'm sure we're be back stronger next season with more time to prepare a new squad. Even though the Gas have  been on a great run and hats off to them they are still not guaranteed promotion and even if they achieve it I struggle to see how they can survive against the quality teams in league one. On the positive side our attenadces both home and away have been excellent and hopefully will continue next season 

Your crowds have been impressive whereas Rovers were struggling to break 6000 until they won a few games in the past couple of months and then their attendances increased by a massive 50%, real fair-weather fans

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, harrys said:

Your crowds have been impressive whereas Rovers were struggling to break 6000 until they won a few games in the past couple of months and then their attendances increased by a massive 50%, real fair-weather fans

They will go back into hibernation if they mess it up over the next few games!  I'm still riled that they only gave us 700 tickets at their place?

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Think most small businesses in Bedminster are quite grateful for the presence of the football club nearby and the increased footfall that it brings on a regular basis.

If you’re referring to the small businesses that suffered as a result of our financial difficulties 40 years ago then it’s a tricky path for Gasheads to venture especially considering the fact that Rovers were found to have been paying non playing staff below minimum wage and the business between your club and the small company that erected the fence at your training ground. As far as I’m aware there’s no financial reason why Rovers should have difficulty paying the going rate to staff and settling bills?

Lanterne Rouge is clearly talking about the time Rovers deliberately tried to bury us at our lowest point. 

Well said, Rovers tried to ‘steal’ Ashton Gate from us when we were at our lowest ebb then objected to us being given an offer of financial help by local authorities, so that offer of help was withdrawn - yet they still squeak, squeal and complain that the local authorities do nothing to help them ... in 1982 they circled around like bloodthirsty vultures and they’ve acted in a similar fashion towards other clubs - like when Pompey was in dire financial straits; which club do you think it was who steamed straight into that situation to see if they could pick up any Pompey players for way below their market value ... yep, the squatting vultures ... 1982, never forget, never forgive ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4

4 hours ago, Sarumred said:

Back in the days when the gas played at Eastville, a member of my father's staff, who was a staunch city supporter would never,  as a matter of principle,  use the M32. 

Yes I clearly remember the Rovers players being upset that they hadn't seen him drive by.?

13 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

I accept some will find this somewhat weird (Mrs Shadow does) but I never have or never will own a BMW. Wouldn't want that unpleasant badge in the middle if the steering wheel staring at me. :nono:

Not weird at all - I’ve stuck to that mantra all my life - no way I’d drive around with blue and white quarters on a steering wheel and on the bonnet - call me sad and pathetic but that’s the way it is - plus I don’t like BMWs anyway! ??????

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

100%.

Those ***** will still spin the “family club, everyone outside Bristol loves us more, our away following is bigger” myth they thrive on though.

They tried to steal our ground when we were skint & treated the rugby club who took them in to enable them to return to Bristol like utter shit.

**** them.

• Like 12
  • Flames 7

57 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Oooh, you've hit a nerve there :)

Not really ‘hit a nerve’ Miah - both yourself and In The Net are welcomed on here, and rightly so, but nothing about 1982 is remotely amusing to Bristol City fans and any snide remarks about that period of time from a gashead on here will be met with appropriately vitriolic responses. Your club acted disgracefully at that time and has subsequently done so in other situations. You have nothing to crow about regarding how football clubs treat people or local businesses. And do bear in mind that a City fan can’t even have an opinion on your sad forum, can’t express any opinion on any issue without an instant ban. You are lucky to be here, so your cosy posts to another gashead on this forum regarding an extremely emotive subject are just not funny and probably won’t elicit the ‘arm around the shoulder, we are glad to have you here’ responses you expect ... anyway, as you were

• Like 14
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 2

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

A snipe of any equivalence by a City fan on your sad forum would result in an instant ban ... another example of your inferiority complex - anyhow @Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan‘s response to your hilarious jibe says it all really 

Probably a bit over the top, there, if I may say so; unfair, unnecessary and quite excessive.

Both @In the Net and @Miah Dennehy are openly Rovers supporters, but, in spite of that and all the disappointments they must have suffered over the years, not to mention the frequent embarrassment ?, venture on here often to offer their (mostly) worthy comments.

I share your scathing views of the Rovers forum, but there is no need to lower yourself to their level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since 1982 what have you won sags? And what have we won?

how many years we been above you now?

cheerio then, yes we’ve had a rotten few years, as have you, you seem to be doing well atm in league 2..

league 2 ?????????

mind the gap

Edited by alexukhc

53 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Since 1982 what have you won sags? And what have we won?

how many years we been above you now?

cheerio then, yes we’ve had a rotten few years, as have you, you seem to be doing well atm in league 2..

league 2 ?????????

mind the gap

I answered this a few seasons ago with a chart (pre robins logo i notice!)

Over the course of our complete history we have far more honours than them including runners up in FA cup and Division 1 (albeit in early 1900's)

If you took just the period since 1982 - our record compares pretty favourably to their entire history
Bristol-Honours.thumb.jpg.e19826940f86e1a0bd0decd7b84eda0e.jpg

• Like 3

• Admin

I don't know why so many of you are getting in a frenzy about these non entities. 

They have been off my radar for decades, they are insignificant and are only rivals by geography 

There's a whole generation of families who have never seen us compete on the league scale, and that is a very long time from happening again 

This thread honestly amazes me how many people are straight on here at the full time whistle 

So what if they get promoted

• Like 3