IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

I've just been reminded...

image.thumb.png.cd60669e0f096ef1f2cef9b403986c2f.png

Then they went to Wycombe and won, so they were safe... or were they?

Yeah, they derfinately were. Because if they weren't they wouldn't have been so stupid as to have been on the pitch celebrating at the end of the game would they! Or would they?

Edited by Sleepy1968

On 20/04/2022 at 20:01, Miah Dennehy said:

I agree  that if Rovers had found themselves in City's position in 82 they would probably act the same. By the same token, City would probably have acted in the same way Rovers did. What I find frustrating is when a club is labelled as 'scum' or 'vile' by another set of supporters because of actions taken by a few people years ago. I'm not talking specifically about 82 here either or about Rovers and City.  I like rivalry, it can be fun, I really do want City to lose every game , but you will never hear me saying City fans are scum or whatever, because that's patently nonsense. Some Rovers fans are dicks, so are some City fans, so are some Rangers fans, so are some Celtic fans, so are some Borehamwood fans etc etc, Like I said, rivalry can be fun, vitriol and hatred is depressing and pathetic.

I assume part of this response is aimed at me, but I didn’t call your club ‘scum’ or ‘vile’ in the post to which you replied ... and I wouldn’t, because my Dad, my Grandad and my Great Grandad were all roverzzzz fans ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

1 hour ago, The Gasbuster said:

Barton suggesting that if we were to "lend" them A.G. for their game against F.G.R., they would fill it.

As if, and as if.

So he's thinks they would get 27000 for a division 4 game, I don't know but I would guess that they haven't had a gate of 27000 for 50-60 years, so yes they would certainly fill AG tomorrow ??

• Like 1

Barton suggesting that if we were to "lend" them A.G. for their game against F.G.R., they would fill it.

As if, and as if.

Yeah, then we'd end up with smashed toilets, broken seats and loads of GHS stickers everywhere. 

• Like 3

As if, and as if.

and once again, one needs to ask why SL would go out of their way to help Rovers when they didn't support us trying to build a new Stadium? Cant have it both ways.

43 minutes ago, weepywall said:

So he's thinks they would get 27000 for a division 4 game, I don't know but I would guess that they haven't had a gate of 27000 for 50-60 years, so yes they would certainly fill AG tomorrow ??

They should have asked to play it at Wembley.

They could have sold a trillion zillion tickets, shoved a smoke-bomb up their hoops and then claimed the 'actual' attendance figure of 'a few thousand' was fake news.

Basically, the fewers are to attendances what Trump was to inauguration turn outs.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Yeah, then we'd end up with smashed toilets, broken seats and loads of GHS stickers everywhere. 

Exactly.

The rivalry between Brighton and Crystal Palace stems from a period of ground sharing; for whatever reasons it builds resentment and jealousy rather than ever being regarded as a favour.

Unlike a lot on here I neither hate nor dislike the Rovers but think it would be a bad move to let them play at AG even the once.

12 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Exactly.

The rivalry between Brighton and Crystal Palace stems from a period of ground sharing; for whatever reasons it builds resentment and jealousy rather than ever being regarded as a favour.

Unlike a lot on here I neither hate nor dislike the Rovers but think it would be a bad move to let them play at AG even the once.

You are confusing it with the "rivalry" between Brighton and Gillingham. The rivalry between Palace and Brighton is more to do with the rivalry between Brighton manager Alan Mullery and  Palace boss Terry Venables in the 1970s and then got worse when Mullery became Palace boss. In looking this up I also discovered that Terry Venables turns 80 next year. 80.

Edited by CiderJar
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

33 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

You are confusing it with the "rivalry" between Brighton and Gillingham. The rivalry between Palace and Brighton is more to do with the rivalry between Brighton manager Alan Mullery and  Palace boss Terry Venables in the 1970s and then got worse when Mullery became Palace boss. In looking this up I also discovered that Terry Venables turns 80 next year. 80.

That's interesting but the person confusing it then was not me but a long term Palace fan in his fifties I used to work with in London as that's what he told me.

I'm not saying that it's right but my memory isn't failing me yet  ?

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

AB8DCFA6-9094-4958-9F5B-000F0B93A7E8.jpeg

18F35F72-D206-46F9-84C9-A928CFAE1654.jpeg

Let’s take them up on it. I’m fed up of them constantly bleating about their amazing support. Let them use Ashton Gate for their next home fixture and their pathetic little fanbase finally have a chance to put their money where their mouth is. Then we can laugh at them as their biggest game in years doesn’t even match our smallest home attendance of this season.

Edited by Wanderingred

40 minutes ago, fatchers said:

When the Rent boys have had problems paying their rent and have looked elsewhere to squat, Eastville to Bath, Bath to Rugby ground, the blue few always say they Would'nt go to trashton. They only need grounds with smaller capacity anyway. 

A mate of mine wouldn't go there for his Covid jab, I mean how ridiculous can you be.... I know a few who won't go to the Rugby now as well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Absolutely bang on. That’s what really gets my goat, but as soon as I hear it I have enough ammo in the tank to obliterate any ‘holier than thou’ comments. Especially from the self confessed family club.

The only thing I can’t find something similar to is the punching of the horse? I think Rovers lead that one 2-0.

We were away to Hull, was a 1-1 draw and outside the ground one of our 'fans' tried to kick a police dog. That did not go very well for him.

After the game I did see a guy take a swipe at a police horse.

21 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The gift that keeps on giving ?

They only fill their tiny ground when they reduce the capacity.

Classic gas.

We’d fill a stadium that isn’t ours, usual delusional, lying bullshit.

• Like 2