IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

IF we then start challenging for the play offs in the division above, then I really will be impressed

You were talking so much sense up to this point lol

I know you put IF but I can't believe how many Rovers fans I know see this as a guarantee next season 

There are a lot of very big and considerably ritcher clubs in league 1, like we know too well each league is almost split in two now with big sides at each level 

Rovers simply can't generate the costs at their camp site to be able to compete at a higher level 

I will look out for the result against the mighty Stroud later today though, credit where it's due if you get anything today 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

You were talking so much sense up to this point :laugh:

I know you put IF but I can't believe how many Rovers fans I know see this as a guarantee next season 

There are a lot of very big and considerably ritcher clubs in league 1, like we know too well each league is almost split in two now with big sides at each level 

Rovers simply can't generate the costs at their camp site to be able to compete at a higher level 

I will look out for the result against the mighty Stroud later today though, credit where it's due if you get anything today 

I think it would be a very big if. Almost half the side are loan signings or out of contract in the summer, hence me saying I would be very impressed if we did challenge. Barton clearly has an eye for a player, but I would be amazed if he pulls off loan signings the calibre of Anderson and Taylor again.

I'm thinking, with tickets so scarce and sought after, if they don't sell out it will be very embarrassing .

Is the capacity still reduced ? I guess that will make up for those that won't go, now all their loyal and true fiddles have been sussed. Those that decide that actually, they don't support the gAss enough to pay full price for their own  ticket.

They could sell out this other stadium (that implies the Men is a Stadium, bit of a stretch ), lets see if they can sell out their own.

18 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm thinking, with tickets so scarce and sought after, if they don't sell out it will be very embarrassing .

Is the capacity still reduced ? I guess that will make up for those that won't go, now all their loyal and true fiddles have been sussed. Those that decide that actually, they don't support the gAss enough to pay full price for their own  ticket.

They could sell out this other stadium (that implies the Men is a Stadium, bit of a stretch ), lets see if they can sell out their own.

But, the question we all need answered is, will there be Teds in the away end?

@Harry?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Dodgy thing to predict. There are much bigger, richer clubs in L1 but as I pointed out in another thread it’s current Rotherham and Wigan who sit top of the pile with MK Dons not too far behind.

14 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

I wonder if you can see the Mem from HMP Horfield?

Certainly can’t ******* hear it from HMP Horfield.

13 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Fair enough 

It was a Palace fan who told me that and it sounds like he was wrong.

You have to remember what Danny Baker called Crystal Palace fans.... “pathological LIARS”

...oh wait, no sorry, he was talking about Bristol Rovers fans when he said that wasn’t he? ?

He should’ve said “Bristol Rovers fans and whatever bell end is managing their club at the time”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Most of  my Gashead mates seem to think that they will get promoted next season from league 1 ,as long as King Joey is still in charge.

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

But, the question we all need answered is, will there be Teds in the away end?

@Harry?

I was actually thinking of going. Not done an FGR away game yet, but in the end I couldn’t bring myself to watch the sags in that methane ridden dump. 
Was gonna go to Cheltenham instead but something came up so can’t make it now. So will end up watching City on ifollow. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

Most of  my Gashead mates seem to think that they will get promoted next season from league 1 ,as long as King Joey is still in charge.

Not like gashead to get ahead of themselves - they are by no means certain of exiting League 2 yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1