IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

Just watched a FGR fan’s video on YouTube and nearly collapsed with laughter at his comments…

”I’ve only just realised, we’re in a bloody tent !!!”

Imagine being a fan of a club who's 'ground' gets ridiculed, by a FGR fan...

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

A bit like when Beadle equalised in the last minute for Rovers at Ashton Gate and a number of City fans ran into the East End lashing out at anyone in the away end resulting in prison sentences for some you mean?

Don’t think there were any prison sentences dished out that night, there certainly would be if it happened now, how many of those over 50 years of age St. George’s that waddled onto your pitch will be doing a bit of porridge? Oh the gift ?

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Don’t think there were any prison sentences dished out that night, there certainly would be if it happened now, how many of those over 50 years of age St. George’s that waddled onto your pitch will be doing a bit of porridge? Oh the gift ?

Never let facts get in the way of a dig at BCFC and it's supporters by a gashead. 

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

A bit like when Beadle equalised in the last minute for Rovers at Ashton Gate and a number of City fans ran into the East End lashing out at anyone in the away end resulting in prison sentences for some you mean?

In fairness, it was Gasheads who encroached on to the AG pitch first that afternoon which set off the events that followed.

I don’t know exactly what happened at the back of the East End after the final whistle.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

They just can’t bear to see other clubs be successful, especially a small village near Stroud.

Think back to November when FGR beat them 2-0; one of the posts on their forum was "Village pub teams shouldn't be allowed n the League" ?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

In fairness, it was Gasheads who encroached on to the AG pitch first that afternoon which set off the events that followed.

I don’t know exactly what happened at the back of the East End after the final whistle.

My point was, when it comes to being a bit silly/thuggish or downright cuntish  at football , Rovers , City, Forest Green or anyone else are far from having a monopoly on it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Yes, but this is Bristol Rovers, the self labelled ‘Family Club’. They are always the innocent victims in any shenanigans, so no doubt the FGR end was full of Ted’s and they didn’t come on to celebrate but instead came on to ‘have a go’ at Rovers fans in a blatant attempt to incite violence. Rovers fans dressed up in red and white (like Ted’s) are entirely within their rights to defend their turf from the aggressive salad munching energy efficient tree huggers.

The gift ? 

I've no idea why some of our fans felt it necessary to go on the pitch on Saturday.  Same as I don't understand why some football fans recently felt it necessary to smash up a train carriage when returning from an away victory, I'm sure that was a lovely experience for ordinary members of the public who were on the train. 

Well, maybe I do understand - it's because some people are pillocks, and you'll find a few at every football club. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

If the scum had stayed off the pitch, the OB would probably not have let the City fans in through the gates.
You come looking for trouble at AG, you will get it. Everyone knows that. Rovers games are the only games when you bloody hate the away fans.
Makes my piss boil.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tin Soldier said:

If the scum had stayed off the pitch, the OB would probably not have let the City fans in through the gates.
You come looking for trouble at AG, you will get it. Everyone knows that. Rovers games are the only games when you bloody hate the away fans.
Makes my piss boil.

I'm pretty sure the woman in her 40s with her 14 year old son weren't 'looking for it', or the numerous others who were punched that day 'every one a winner' was the quote from a bloke in the Happy Landings later . What makes my piss boil, is the myth that 'lads only fight lads' its total bollocks, always has been. - and yes Rovers are as guilty as City and every other club in having a few 'lads' who think they are as hard as **** terrorising people who aren't remoteley interested in 'looking for it' 

• Like 6

The blue few were unbearable after that game. The narrative was very much about how their good natured family friendly fanbase were celebrating a heroic late goal, only to be viciously attacked by 20,000 bloodthirsty Neanderthal teds who went straight for women and children. Hollowhead was in on the act as well. It was nauseating.

Later that season, we went to the cabbage patch for the first time and turned them over 2-1, with not a hint of trouble that night. That was one of the most satisfying derby victories I can ever remember. ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Yep, I particularly liked another Beadle goal at Ashton Gate - you know, the one he scored against roverzzz when we demolished you live on TV in December 2000 ... what a special night that was, especially as Bignot gave it loads when he put you ahead in the first few seconds ... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

I don't know why some posters are getting salty with @Miah Dennehy and @In the Net

They are 2 very decent posters - other gasheads on here not so much, so not sure why people are suddenly having a pop at them.

I enjoy their contributions, and know others do as well.

Lets not stoop to gaschat levels, eh lads?

Don’t think anyone is having a pop at them, agreed that they are decent posters and the forum is a better place with their contributions, Miah is decent and should of been a red, shame

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

I don't know why some posters are getting salty with @Miah Dennehy and @In the Net

They are 2 very decent posters - other gasheads on here not so much, so not sure why people are suddenly having a pop at them.

I don’t think anyone is ‘stooping to gaschat levels’ - interacting with @Miah Dennehy and @In the Net doesn’t automatically equal “being salty” - banter and having a laugh with them, not at them, is more how I’d describe it. Sure the discussions on more serious subjects get a bit heated and passionate at times but that’s the whole point of a forum, within reason. 

If anyone had ‘stooped to gaschat levels’ those two gasheads would have been instantly banned from here as soon as they’d opened their gobs ...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

I think they would both be shocked if we were nice to them in this thread. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

I totally agree.

To be honest I don’t know how they remain so calm reading the stuff on here?  ?

Plenty of Gasheads deserve ridicule but not them. 

• Like 6
  • Hmmm 1

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I particularly liked another Beadle goal at Ashton Gate - you know, the one he scored against roverzzz when we demolished you live on TV in December 2000 ... what a special night that was, especially as Bignot gave it loads when he put you ahead in the first few seconds ... 

I think that was game that was on the last Friday of work before Xmas , surprised it was scheduled for that day given many would be out on alldayers after finishing work early! 
I watched it in the rotunda in kingswood with some mates , about 3 or four of us city fans and a couple of gas. The rest in there were about 60 gas. We were a bit naive really thinking everything would be fine! After one of the goals and of course not being able to keep quiet, someone hit my mate (who happened to be one of the gas heads ) over the head with a pool cue. I didn’t think we were going to get put of there alive but were rescued by the bouncers. 
to add insult to injury the lady who put my gas mates stitches in happened to be Brian Tinnions cousin.

• Like 1