IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Mansfield, to swap guaranteed play off places with Rovers. Or Salford, to get within catching distance of Swindon? Tough call that one! 

Mansfield and Port Vale winning means it's two more teams that the gas have to do better than in the last game to get automatic promotion. Does that help? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

This was different though, you were basically moshing together and lifting your wife beating manager in the air

I genuinely haven’t seen anything from their game on Saturday, did they seriously do that? ?

Edit: I’ve just noticed your post further up the page, **** me! ?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Mansfield and Port Vale winning means it's two more teams that the gas have to do better than in the last game to get automatic promotion. Does that help? 

?? I’ve every confidence in Northampton and/or Scunthorpe!! But to be on the safe side, maybe Yes! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I genuinely haven’t seen anything from their game on Saturday, did they seriously do that? ?

Apparently took 2000 up there, that's decent, but man they get excited quickly. Have they learnt nothing from Wycombe ?

Anyway, lest hope this is just as premature , I do worry they have momentum on their side though.

As to your question, "did they seriously do that?"

Oh yes ?

968709517_Screenshot2022-05-02at09_31_16.png.3745da3ff69f3f5622abb79228d9fe5b.png

25 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Apparently took 2000 up there, that's decent, but man they get excited quickly. Have they learnt nothing from Wycombe ?

Anyway, lest hope this is just as premature , I do worry they have momentum on their side though.

As to your question, "did they seriously do that?"

Oh yes ?

968709517_Screenshot2022-05-02at09_31_16.png.3745da3ff69f3f5622abb79228d9fe5b.png

2000 eh! Strange, a poor deluded soul, who's son plays rugby with my boy, told me there were 3,500 at Rochdale yesterday. So only 1,500 locked out, quite a drop in travelling numbers. You'd have thought the usual 25,000 would have gone up for this one! 

Edited by adamski

1 minute ago, adamski said:

2000 eh! Strange, a poor deluded soul, who's son plays rugby with my boy, told me there were 3,500 at Rochdale yesterday. So only 1,500 locked out, quite a drop in travelling numbers. You'd have thought the usual 25,000 would have gone up for this one! 

That’s gone up since Joey said 3000 on Saturday during his Radio Bristol interview! COYR 

8 minutes ago, adamski said:

Official figure on the day was 2005. You know how it goes with them, as time goes by, the number slowly creeps up.  This time, it seems they’ve added 1500 in the space of a single day. Today it will be 5000, and by the time next Saturday comes it will be five figures!

F1DE3756-E692-47E3-A2C3-F01475C68A19.png

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, adamski said:

TBF, it was a passing comment when out with a mate yesterday, the crowd was 4,640 which seems about 2k above their norm, so it fits. 
3,500 would mean that Rochdale had half their recent gates, so ..

image.jpeg.64c9a4caa64460975b9c85064276fee6.jpeg

Today

Salford City V Mansfield Town

Port Vale V Newport County

Saturday

Barrow V Northampton Town

Bradford City V Carlisle United

? :gasmask:      V Scunthorpe United

Exeter City V Port Vale

Harrogate Town V Sutton United

Leyton Orient V Tranmere Rovers

Mansfield Town V Forest Green Rovers

Walsall V Swindon Town

Ignoring how everyone wants the Squatters to miss out, obviously. Saturday could be interesting
4 teams going for the last auto spot.
Realistically 4 teams going for the last Playoff spot ( Port Vale's GD should see them safely in)

I remember when Holloway managed to get them to fall apart, from looking like coasting to promotion, to missing the Playoffs. I wonder if the WifeBeater can do the same.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Today

Saturday

Exeter City V Port Vale

Walsall V Swindon Town

Ignoring how everyone wants the Squatters to miss out, obviously. Saturday could be interesting
Realistically 4 teams going for the last Playoff spot ( Port Vale's GD should see them safely in)

I remember when Holloway managed to get them to fall apart, from looking like coasting to promotion, to missing the Playoffs. I wonder if the WifeBeater can do the same.

Last game of the season and we beat PNE at home and they blew it. It was the start of our affinity with the PNE fans after we both celebrated on the pitch and discovered that they despised the s*gs as much as we do!

11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Today

Saturday

Exeter City V Port Vale

Walsall V Swindon Town

I thought the fewers had a play off spot guaranteed now?

38 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

TBF, it was a passing comment when out with a mate yesterday, the crowd was 4,640 which seems about 2k above their norm, so it fits. 
3,500 would mean that Rochdale had half their recent gates, so ..

image.jpeg.64c9a4caa64460975b9c85064276fee6.jpeg

It is a strange thing how they feel the need to make themselves look bigger than they actually are. It's a bit like small dogs yapping and growling at bigger dogs, or the way cats will arch their backs to make themselves look more menacing.

I am not suggesting by the way that gasheads are as evolved as dogs and cats, that would be silly. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Today

Saturday

Exeter City V Port Vale

Walsall V Swindon Town

I remember when Holloway managed to get them to fall apart, from looking like coasting to promotion, to missing the Playoffs. I wonder if the WifeBeater can do the 

Yes and if Port Vale do it. It will be their old manager come back to haunt them  Shame that their captain Tom Conlan is out after achilles surgery.  

1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

Yes and if Port Vale do it. It will be their old manager come back to haunt them  Shame that their captain Tom Conlan is out after achilles surgery.  

If Port Vale do get the automatic spot over us, so be it, I would not begrudge Darrell Clarke some success this season.

7 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Oh what a shame an ex Ted getting both Mansfield's goals ?

1 minute ago, Shaun Taylor said:

And a defender who was on loan at Swindon joining in the fun?

Oh no; a conspiracy theory. Rovers' lawyers already being consulted?

• Haha 1