IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They couldn’t even sell out when playing Man Utd a few years back - funny how their capacity has suddenly slipped from 12,600 to around 9,000 for no proper reason at all - allowing them to claim false ‘sellouts’ - and when Wael took over they were ‘going to be premier league within 5 years’ as the ‘6th richest club in English football’ - what happened?! Why are they now going to be ‘premier league in 10 years’?! Why has their expectations suddenly shifted to adding an extra five years on?! Oh well, the reality is they will undoubtedly still be mooching around divisions three and four for the next few decades ... shame ...

"For no proper reason...."  - try the Safety Advisory Group advising the Local Authority regarding the stipulations of the licence.  What sort of brain thinks that a club would deliberately reduce their capacity level, in order that they can sell less tickets for matches? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, In the Net said:

"For no proper reason...."  - try the Safety Advisory Group advising the Local Authority regarding the stipulations of the licence.  What sort of brain thinks that a club would deliberately reduce their capacity level, in order that they can sell less tickets for matches? ?

Just wondering why reduce now, what is the genuine reason? Are the guy ropes all frayed and rotten and Go outdoors have no new ones in stock?? 

Edited by Wealwayseatcheese
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 1

• Admin
50 minutes ago, In the Net said:

You are spot on, the cess pit of a ground is unsafe to hold any serious numbers now, no doubt the building of additional tents has taken additional standing space on those magnificent open terraces

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Isn't it something to do with not being allowed to use the first step of terracing to avoid crushes! ? 

That's what you get if you squat in an old dilapidated rugby ground. Still, at least the sprinklers are Championship ready. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, weepywall said:

To be fair for "occasions like this" they probably could do with a bigger ground, 12500 to 13000 should be more than ample and they haven't had a gate like that for donkeys years even when they had the capacity. They really do think they are a Sunderland, Sheff Wednesday size club when in reality they are more of a Peterborough, Rotherham size club and light years behind them two ?‍♂️

Correct. However, their whole world is defined by City. If we have a bigger ground then they should have a bigger ground. If we took 50k to Wembley then they took 50k to Wembley. If we have an Open Top Bus tour then they have an Open Top Bus Tour. If they cause trouble it’s because we caused trouble first. Etc etc etc. City, City, City, City…..oh, and they’re not obsessed with us.

The truth is that they have never been and will never be anywhere near City (even since 1982). They’ve got a few lower league promotions and a Watney Cup. Their faithful and true support is between 7-9k. Comparing them to Rotherham is actually doing a disservice to Rotherham. They are a tinpot shambles in a joke of a stadium. They are on par with some clubs in League Two. Should they win promotion they will be a small fish in a big pond and probably go straight back down to where they belong.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4

5 hours ago, phantom said:

You are spot on, the cess pit of a ground is unsafe to hold any serious numbers now, no doubt the building of additional tents has taken additional standing space on those magnificent open terraces

Sorry to burst your bubble, but none of the reasons are due to ground being deemed unsafe.  I believe that a few Safety Advisory Groups have been flexing their muscles since Covid - must have too much time on their hands with all that working at home.

There is a stipulation this season that people are not allowed to stand pitchside, as the front walkways have to be kept clear.  I don't really see the point of this, as the walkways have always had enough space for people to use them safely, even with a couple of rows of kids/short-arse people standing right at the front.  I believe that there was also concern about people standing on the yellow lined areas on the terracing, they seem to think that reducing the capacity will create more space, and stop this happening - wishful thinking.

Obviously the newest tent will have reduced the capacity since we last had a sell-out game, although this is being removed during the summer, and reverting to terracing.

No idea why any of you are bothered about our stadium or capacity, when you have your own state of the art gaff.

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

I missed the Court verdict - have you got a link?

You’re better than that, the court verdict will be irrelevant as you well know, you, me and everyone else know the score, we all know what sort of guy he is.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, In the Net said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but none of the reasons are due to ground being deemed unsafe.  I believe that a few Safety Advisory Groups have been flexing their muscles since Covid - must have too much time on their hands with all that working at home.

There is a stipulation this season that people are not allowed to stand pitchside, as the front walkways have to be kept clear.  I don't really see the point of this, as the walkways have always had enough space for people to use them safely, even with a couple of rows of kids/short-arse people standing right at the front.  I believe that there was also concern about people standing on the yellow lined areas on the terracing, they seem to think that reducing the capacity will create more space, and stop this happening - wishful thinking.

Obviously the newest tent will have reduced the capacity since we last had a sell-out game, although this is being removed during the summer, and reverting to terracing.

No idea why any of you are bothered about our stadium or capacity, when you have your own state of the art gaff.

I've noticed that since your lot have "turned the corner ", you've become a bit more edgy and answering back. Don't forget ,you're not up yet, here's hoping for a return to the more humble Netty..................a couple of losses might just do the trick !:fingerscrossed:                        

:rofl2br:

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

5 hours ago, In the Net said:

I don’t think we are ‘bothered’ - we just like laughing about the fact that you are suddenly claiming sellouts now your capacity has been lowered when you just couldn’t sellout your stadium before - so, false sellouts - hilarious and watching you squirm about it adds to the hilarity ... ?????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Their skipper (Coutts) was sent off on Saturday- bizarrely after they went 4-3 up. Appeal failed and now banned for four games, so another of the 40,000 locked out of Wembley if they get there.

Still, it’s apparently ok…

HE’S ****ING 72!!!

I guess this bloke is being ironic.....have they got a guy like that on their books ? I don't know and certainly don't care !            ***** 

Edited by slartibartfast

10 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I've noticed that since your lot have "turned the corner ", you've become a bit more edgy and answering back. Don't forget ,you're not up yet, here's hoping for a return to the more humble Netty..................a couple of losses might just do the trick !:fingerscrossed:                        

Ooops - I'll get back to the kitchen, I know my place. ?  Never been described as "edgy" before - I rather like it. 

My feet are firmly on the ground, - it ain't over 'til it's over, I still have nightmares about the 2nd leg play-off at Northampton.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Ooops - I'll get back to the kitchen, I know my place. ?  Never been described as "edgy" before - I rather like it. 

My feet are firmly on the ground, - it ain't over 'til it's over, I still have nightmares about the 2nd leg play-off at Northampton.

Nightmares, I thought it was the stuff dreams are made of ! ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Like most gas heads I know ….. anyone would think they are on the cusp of promotion to Premier League.  

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Like most gas heads I know ….. anyone would think they are on the cusp of promotion to Premier League.  

The Gas were back at Wycombe remember?!

I think @In the Net is very sensible not to get too carried away just yet.

They do have a great chance of going up either automatically or via the playoffs, but never count chickens until they hatch.

Unfortunately some Gasheads just can’t help themselves and end up providing us with the ammo to take the piss out of them. 
That is when they go back into hiding.

Edited by Gert Mare