IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Haha. ? If they end up doing it today, fair play to them, they’ve had a very good run after looking pretty awful at the start of the season. I doubt it would affect us that much if they returned to the third tier, they aren’t realistically going to be any threat to us for the foreseeable future.

Of course I’ll still be hoping they **** up because that’s just what rivals do. I’m also cheering on the cobblers because a good friend, also stuck here in Shanghai lockdown, supports them .

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Typical gas exaggeration - this time downwards! The capacity of the Mem was 12,300 - and you never ever sold out - the closest you got was 12,011 vs West Brom - never got close before and since ... you’ve never had a sellout at a tiny stadium - yet Joey Barton claimed recently you could pack out Ashton Gate - capacity 27,000?!! Your tiny home crowd could fit into ONE of our four stands with plenty of room to spare ...

NOW do you get why we laugh at you?!

Well it's a nice theory, but we have sold out the Mem a few times since we have been there- not many I'll grant you- but the pedant in me needs to point out the truth :)

Capacities of any ground can fluctuate and that is what has happened at our place.

But, yes, your basic point of us not filling the ground very often at all is true. I suspect we could possibly have sold 15kish for today, but not much more than that.

It does seem when clubs build new grounds the general trend is to get bigger crowds, so who knows what would happen IF we ever did build one, but I won't be stressing about that. It's been an enjoyable season for us and I'm gonna make the most of it!

Timing could have been better though, I'm in hospital on Monday and am not allowed to drink today, so I can't even celebrate if we do go up!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well it's a nice theory, but we have sold out the Mem a few times since we have been there- not many I'll grant you- but the pedant in me needs to point out the truth :)

Capacities of any ground can fluctuate and that is what has happened at our place.

But, yes, your basic point of us not filling the ground very often at all is true. I suspect we could possibly have sold 15kish for today, but not much more than that.

It does seem when clubs build new grounds the general trend is to get bigger crowds, so who knows what would happen IF we ever did build one, but I won't be stressing about that. It's been an enjoyable season for us and I'm gonna make the most of it!

Timing could have been better though, I'm in hospital on Monday and am not allowed to drink today, so I can't even celebrate if we do go up!

Hope you have a speedy recovery, Miah.

Still praying that you lose today though, and **** up in the play offs ! ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'd be disappointed in you if you hoped for anything else!

Fair play to you for coming on here and not biting despite all the banter, none of which is exactly complimentary, are you a masochist?  

Edited by pillred
Add comment
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Wonder if not being mid construction is actually a good thing, with the cost of living on the rise, one of the first things people will do is park the idea of a season ticket and pick and choose games.

Regardless of what your opinion is nobody  can deny that Joey Barton has not done a decent job at the gas - they’re in with an excellent chance of automatic later today. 

Even if they miss out they’ll be the form side going into the pray offs. I hope they do it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Regardless of what your opinion is nobody  can deny that Joey Barton has not done a decent job at the gas - they’re in with an excellent chance of automatic later today. 

Even if they miss out they’ll be the form side going into the pray offs. I hope they do it.

Hope they do it! Yeah, I’m sure the methane snorters are hoping one day we get to the Prem too! How can any City fan wish them well (I don’t expect you to answer btw)!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Leroyfromthestart said:

Hope they do it! Yeah, I’m sure the methane snorters are hoping one day we get to the Prem too! How can any City fan wish them well (I don’t expect you to answer btw)!

I’ve posted before that I no longer do all that “we hate the gas” stuff - I used to when both clubs were in the same league - there’s nothing quite like a Bristol derby for the atmosphere particularly at AG.

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'd be disappointed in you if you hoped for anything else!

miah i have to feel sorry for my mate today as he is city through and through and freelances for a well known radio station.guess where he is commentating at today.

his words to me was how am i going to sound excited on the radio,i said easy hopefully northampton will be 3.0 up

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’ve posted before that I no longer do all that “we hate the gas” stuff - I used to when both clubs were in the same league - there’s nothing quite like a Bristol derby for the atmosphere particularly at AG.

I appreciate they’ve been irrelevant for 2+ decades, but I’m sorry I’ll never come round to wishing them well.

Growing up in North Bristol with the majority being Rovers in the late 80s/90s wasn’t very pleasant.

Thankfully, many of these ‘loyal blue fans’ turned their back on their club, but the past few months they’ve started to come out of the woodwork again.

Our infrastructure, stadium, fanbase, etc is greater, but footballs a funny game and apart from their exit from the FL they’ve been on the whole scabby (in more ways than one)!

If/when the time comes that we face each other again, I’ll certainly not be wishing them well!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leroyfromthestart said:

I appreciate they’ve been irrelevant for 2+ decades, but I’m sorry I’ll never come round to wishing them well.

Growing up in North Bristol with the majority being Rovers in the late 80s/90s wasn’t very pleasant.

Thankfully, many of these ‘loyal blue fans’ turned their back on their club, but the past few months they’ve started to come out of the woodwork again.

Our infrastructure, stadium, fanbase, etc is greater, but footballs a funny game and apart from their exit from the FL they’ve been on the whole scabby (in more ways than one)!

If/when the time comes that we face each other again, I’ll certainly not be wishing them well!

Football fans have always been a fickle lot. Were you around in the early 80s? City considered 6k a decent attendance.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

He’s done a decent job as he filled them full of loanees that they have no chance of getting back next season if they don’t go up!

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks said:

How many loanees have they?

5. One of them being that lad from Newcastle who’s won them games by himself, that even Eddie Howe said shouldn’t be playing in league two. 

I never care about Rovers, but with that total ***** in charge and all this “the gas are coming” stuff they’ve pumped out since January I’d love for them to collapse when it mattered most. 

55 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Stick to your crown green bowls. FFS. Always have, always will hate Gas scum.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

8 minutes ago, Leroyfromthestart said:

No, as I was born early 80s, but my Dad was I would have been too. I know football fans are fickle, still doesn’t excuse your loving of them

Jeez…………:facepalm:………I love only only one football club - Bristol City. I’m very fond of Liverpool as well tho………

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Football fans have always been a fickle lot. Were you around in the early 80s? City considered 6k a decent attendance.

Of course they are, but many clubs' fans don't claim to have some sort of superior fanbase that everyone loves, that when they go away they take more than everyone else, and they have to ask other fans who they prefer out of the Bristol clubs, oh and the old "if they play in the street, we'll watch them from the pavements". Or make up actual figures of how many went to Wembley or certain away games, which has now rubbed off as the actual truth on their criminally convicted manager. All of it is complete and utter bullsh1t. The great thing is they have already been promoted by their fans and their manager guaranteed promotion, plus it is hardly some sort of magnificent achievement to get them back to the league they were in when he took them over.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2