IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolute disgrace of Scunthorpe to do this, no attempt to honour the integrity of the league or respect Northampton. Most people expected them to get beat, but to effectively put out a side that was three quarters a youth team in a fixture that effected the promotion places is pathetic.

It was two seasons after we’d gone bust & we were a team of free transfers & kids, that’s why.

Unlike them, we have never been back (or non league).

Chillax! 

You sound unnecessarily bitter. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Even more Sag shirts being worn around Yate now. Defo coming out of the woodwork in the last month or so - barely saw one for years 

I lived in Horfield, a three-wood away from the cabbage patch, and saw so many more City shirts that Gas. Loads of them were kids, too, which suggests the future is red.

Your lot in Yate will soon take them off when Anderson leaves. What a signing he’s been for them, the catalyst. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tin said:

I lived in Horfield, a three-wood away from the cabbage patch, and saw so many more City shirts that Gas. Loads of them were kids, too, which suggests the future is red.

Your lot in Yate will soon take them off when Anderson leaves. What a signing he’s been for them, the catalyst. 

That sparked the revolution?

Or an inmate in a long term institution?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don’t think it’s worth getting worked up over.  They aren’t a threat to us, and realistically aren’t going to be for the foreseeable future (unless we totally implode) so whether they are at the bottom of the third tier or the top of the fourth makes little difference to us.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolute disgrace of Scunthorpe to do this, no attempt to honour the integrity of the league or respect Northampton. Most people expected them to get beat, but to effectively put out a side that was three quarters a youth team in a fixture that effected the promotion places is pathetic.

And why not? Scunny were already relegated with nothing to play for. How strong was the Barrow side, did they play a weakened side?

46 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It was two seasons after we’d gone bust & we were a team of free transfers & kids, that’s why.

Unlike them, we have never been back (or non league).

Honour the integrity of the league?

They've been shite all season,  they've only won 4 games and conceded 91.

Some times you've just got to say well done 

• Like 4

Astonishing to read comments from many Scunthorpe fans on Facebook who are embarrassed by their club and the side they put out, some even saying Northampton should demand an inquiry ?

At the end of the day I don't think Scunthorpe have done anything against the rules so nothing to see here.

2 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

Goalkeeper is 17, (2nd league game), the back four were 17, 20, 19 & 18, the centre mid pairing were 17 & 18.

You seriously think that’s the team they have fielded all season? No one expects them to win, losing 3-0 would not have been a surprise, but this is well beyond that.

Northampton must be disgusted by them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

Agreed that today is their day in the sun BUT as we know and is exactly why this 2700 page thread exists they will be what Alex Ferguson termed the “noisy neighbours” for a month or two whilst we all wait for the next calamity that is just around the corner.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Goalkeeper is 17, (2nd league game), the back four were 17, 20, 19 & 18, the centre mid pairing were 17 & 18.

You seriously think that’s the team they have fielded all season? No one expects them to win, losing 3-0 would not have been a surprise, but this is well beyond that.

It’s done and if you know any Gas gobshites you can point out how they got promoted, a bit more realistic than their claim that without Derby and Reading points deductions we were ******……..

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

E50E47A5-5237-4EE9-8B64-00C5233A3E05.jpeg

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Agreed that today is their day in the sun BUT as we know and is exactly why this 2700 page thread exists they will be what Alex Ferguson termed the “noisy neighbours” for a month or two whilst we all wait for the next calamity that is just around the corner.

They're not noisy though ?

Fair play to them, even if they didn't make it today it was a hell of a turn around this season. And personally I don't care much for them until they're actual rivals.

Happy for the sound gash fans that contribute on here too 

Does this make the guy who scored for Barrow 'the gash Colin daniel'? ?

This may be sour grapes but Scunthorpe are  an absolute disgrace.  Basically put out a youth team . Where is their professional pride , where is their integrity .  Pathetic performance, not just letting themselves down and their club but also bringing the game into disrepute. This was not a great day for the gas but a shameful day for football .

Edited by bs3
  • Like 1
  • Flames 2

9 minutes ago, Loïs said:

They're not noisy though ?

Fair play to them, even if they didn't make it today it was a hell of a turn around this season. And personally I don't care much for them until they're actual rivals.

Happy for the sound gash fans that contribute on here too 

Does this make the guy who scored for Barrow 'the gash Colin daniel'? ?

Nah, thats Dean Windass. 

You know, the guy who stopped us getting to the Premier league after we'd finished 4th in a league they could only dream of being in...

• Like 1

That’s a really good result for them. It is probably better for us if Rovers play at a higher level. Healthy competition galvanises the support, club and also Bristol as a whole. 

The ideal situation could well be us in the same league, but with us winning both games and finishing higher each season. Would much rather play Rovers than Barnsley/Rotherham/Wigan/Preston. Same applies to Cardiff, Swansea, Plymouth etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Anyone wishing those ****s well ain’t City in my opinion 

50 odd years of support for City says I'm a City fan. I'm mostly ambivalent about the Gaseous ones tbh. A local Derby sets me off, but them coming 3rd in the Gloucestershire and District league doesn't wind me up one jot

• Like 2