IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

30 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Who knows, but it probably means his Mrs is safe tonight. We all know what an angry Joey's like. Would be interesting to know how the sags would be reacting if the boot were on the other foot and had Northampton played a team who just gave up.

But we all know how violent he gets after a few drinks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The opposite of love is not hate. It’s indifference. I am indifferent to them and this thread and any comments good or bad about them. 

Couldn’t agree more. Todays games meant little to me and probably shows how far we are ahead, not just in football terms but status and infrastructure. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The opposite of love is not hate. It’s indifference. I am indifferent to them and this thread and any comments good or bad about them. 

100 per cent. No, 110 per cent. Indifference is the greatest insult. Sadly, we are some way away from that ever happening.

I don’t expect your post and thoughts to gather many "likes," sadly.

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Scumthorpe sold Rovers a striker in January… with a big promotion bonus clause. Interesting ?

Interesting ... very interesting!

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Someone has been on the happy juice.

Would you accept a promotion winning gay?

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/19639/gay-rovers

They are an increasingly strange group. They have just defied the odds, recorded an historic win and won promotion and this is the post match reaction.

It's beyond bizarre.

Maybe the poster wants to come out but he's too scared!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well it's a nice theory, but we have sold out the Mem a few times since we have been there- not many I'll grant you- but the pedant in me needs to point out the truth :)

Capacities of any ground can fluctuate and that is what has happened at our place.

But, yes, your basic point of us not filling the ground very often at all is true. I suspect we could possibly have sold 15kish for today, but not much more than that.

It does seem when clubs build new grounds the general trend is to get bigger crowds, so who knows what would happen IF we ever did build one, but I won't be stressing about that. It's been an enjoyable season for us and I'm gonna make the most of it!

Timing could have been better though, I'm in hospital on Monday and am not allowed to drink today, so I can't even celebrate if we do go up!

You haven’t ever sold out the Mem - it’s capacity was 12,300 and you never sold out that capacity - anyway, more importantly, best wishes for your hospital appointment on Monday - hope it goes well ?

**** 'em! Tinpot promotion from tinpot L2 against Scunthorpe U21's. Bottom 3 all next season. Small fish, big pond. Missing row M, patio chairs, 2nd hand tents, wife beating manager, deluded fanbase, fake attendances, out of date crisps and Fanta, 'Doncaster United', head butting minibus windows, Babestation, 'family club'. **** off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

**** 'em! Tinpot promotion from tinpot L2 against Scunthorpe U21's. Bottom 3 all next season. Small fish, big pond. Missing row M, patio chairs, 2nd hand tents, wife beating manager, deluded fanbase, fake attendances, out of date crisps and Fanta, 'Doncaster United', head butting minibus windows, Babestation, 'family club'. **** off.

you forgot the championship ready sprinklers......

8 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

You missed Jason, the boob cricket international……..

5 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

… always remember one midweek game we won 1-0 with a Tinman penalty after Alexander got sent off.

Which game was that mate? I don’t think we ever beat the gas 1-0 in Tinnion’s time as a player? I could be wrong - the Malbec doesn’t help! But please enlighten me ... cheers ??

19 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

and freshly cleaned carpets in the supporters lounge 

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Which game was that mate? I don’t think we ever beat the gas 1-0 in Tinnion’s time as a player? I could be wrong - the Malbec doesn’t help! But please enlighten me ... cheers ??

This one - 2-1

• Thanks 1