IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

35 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

**** 'em! Tinpot promotion from tinpot L2 against Scunthorpe U21's. Bottom 3 all next season. Small fish, big pond. Missing row M, patio chairs, 2nd hand tents, wife beating manager, deluded fanbase, fake attendances, out of date crisps and Fanta, 'Doncaster United', head butting minibus windows, Babestation, 'family club'. **** off.

Ticket scammers, Santa’s Grotto, UWE Freshers Fair, anti Her Game Too stickers, Prowed to be a Gashead 

7 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

They were relegated a few weeks later iirc

1993, nearly 30 years since they were at this level

Nearly 30 years since they spent £370k on Tilson; and he remains their record signing 

????

Yep, effectively this result stuffed them. They’ve been in the wilderness ever since. 

10 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Don't know who this guy is but seems to have a good number of subscribers, a city supporter who travelled up to Barrow for the game...

Embarassing for that guy. What a helmet.

**** the Gas

The only real down side to this is the amount of messages I’ve had from either gas supporting mates or, even worse, mates that don’t even support them trying to have a dig and take the piss out of me…

Literally couldn’t give a shit.  Fair play to them, quite a result. But what it has to do with me I really don’t know! And if you say you couldn’t care they think they are getting a reaction!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

**** 'em! Tinpot promotion from tinpot L2 against Scunthorpe U21's. Bottom 3 all next season. Small fish, big pond. Missing row M, patio chairs, 2nd hand tents, wife beating manager, deluded fanbase, fake attendances, out of date crisps and Fanta, 'Doncaster United', head butting minibus windows, Babestation, 'family club'. **** off.

Yeah…..what he said ^

15 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Embarassing for that guy. What a helmet.

**** the Gas

I know what you mean filming himself being positive about the Gas but interesting to watch how it went down in the stadium. And definitely he gave it a clickbait title by saying Northampton bottled it when they won by 2 goals. Must have been an atrocious day out for the Northampton fans (even more so when they found out Scunthorpe rolled over) and I'm kind of expecting them to flop in the play offs now.

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That’s a really good result for them. It is probably better for us if Rovers play at a higher level. Healthy competition galvanises the support, club and also Bristol as a whole. 

The ideal situation could well be us in the same league, but with us winning both games and finishing higher each season. Would much rather play Rovers than Barnsley/Rotherham/Wigan/Preston. Same applies to Cardiff, Swansea, Plymouth etc.

Stopped reading after That’s a really good result for them. 

Haven't read all the threads so sorry if been mentioned, but I think the EFL should throw the book at S***horpe . Disgrace, playing a team of toddlers, where's the integrity of the league ?

If I was Northampton, I'd think about litigation, surely they've got just as strong case as Boro/ Wycombe v Derby !   Whatever happened to the rule of playing your strongest side "on pain of death" ?

7 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Haven't read all the threads so sorry if been mentioned, but I think the EFL should throw the book at S***horpe . Disgrace, playing a team of toddlers, where's the integrity of the league ?

If I was Northampton, I'd think about litigation, surely they've got just as strong case as Boro/ Wycombe v Derby !   Whatever happened to the rule of playing your strongest side "on pain of death" ?

Hmmm I mean I agree to a certain extent but they are bottom of the league for a reason, maybe they would have achieved it anyway. 

39 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

I know what you mean filming himself being positive about the Gas but interesting to watch how it went down in the stadium. And definitely he gave it a clickbait title by saying Northampton bottled it when they won by 2 goals. Must have been an atrocious day out for the Northampton fans (even more so when they found out Scunthorpe rolled over) and I'm kind of expecting them to flop in the play offs now.

I just find it weird a City fan would travel all the way to Barrow to film that. Each to their own but we're above doing that 

Really looking forward to fixture release day as there hasn't been a Bristol league derby for over 20 years! ....?

Well listening to the blue few that have suddenly appeared "we're coming for you shitheads etc.etc" you'd think that they had been promoted to the championship.

22 years MTG FTG  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I just find it weird a City fan would travel all the way to Barrow to film that. Each to their own but we're above doing that 

Not really sure what the appeal is for people going to games to film the entire thing but must admit I quite like watching taking in the atmosphere of random games especially the lower divisions.

31 minutes ago, Waffleflap said:

I used to be obsessed with the city rovers thing but these days I couldn't give a shit. Gotta say fair shout for doing what they did today.  Never seen anything like it in my life . Hats off to um . 

OK, ***** like you can **** off because most on ere hate the scum. I ****** hate the *****?
Excuse my spelling as I’ve been on the piss all nite and quite frankly I hate the *****.
CSF1984. Happy clappers can **** off you *****

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2
  • Flames 1

The more I think about it, the more this seems dodgy. Scunthorpe are ran by a dodgy owner Peter Swan who’s completely cash strapped and looking to sell. His club would financially benefit from a Rovers promotion. The sags have convicted criminal Joey Barton in charge. Say no more.

Mid way through the second half, the score is 2-0, Northampton have sat back and are resting on their 3-1 scoreline. Rovers know they need at least five goals, and they somehow get them all, in quick succession. 

I’m not insinuating anything, but….. maybe we’ll here more about this?

6 minutes ago, Tin Soldier said:

OK, ***** like you can **** off because most on ere hate the scum. I ****** hate the *****?
Excuse my spelling as I’ve been on the piss all nite and quite frankly I hate the *****.
CSF1984. Happy clappers can **** off you *****

7-0 and automatic promotion.

Bristol Rovers produced a stunning second-half display to thrash a youthful Scunthorpe side and snatch automatic promotion from League Two on goals scored after a dramatic final afternoon.

Probably good for Bristol football in general terms and next season only one division below us. Even though I wish them luck as long as they always stay a division below us for the rest of my life I will be extremely happy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Good let’s get a good rivalry like we had in late 80 s early 90.s. The 89/90 season was brilliant even though it didn’t go to plan at the end 

I remember some great rivalry especially when I was a young lad at away games at the old Eastville ground. The gas and the Tote end and the pitch invasions at the end were both sets of supporters were like two armies running at each end of the pitch, us from the open end and the gas from the Tote end clashing mid way. From memory this was would be mid early 70s.

We will always be the best club in Bristol but looking for a bit of a gas ressurection to bring back some rivalry.

• Sad 1