IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist and to be honest I don't really care about Rovers going up, I have a few sound sag mates, but it really is looking dodgier by the minute.

What is it, 3 players over the age of 20 in that lineup? And a very convenient deal done in January?

I hope this gets picked up a bit in the media but I doubt anything will come of it, it's not high profile enough, but I'd be fuming if I were a Northampton fan.

Replay the game simples! 

5 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Good luck clutching at that straw :)

Anyway, it was a lovely day and great to see so many ex players such as Tom Ritchie there,cheering on The Gas :)

Glad you enjoyed it.

My Gas mate, Mike Offer who passed away 4 years ago at 72 would have been watching from heaven and I am pleased for him plus my friend Kevin who is a ST holder at the Mem.

My uncle supported City and Rovers all his life as well.

Only hope we make the Prem and you do a few years after....................what great local derbies I could be watching sat on a cloud with them all !!

1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You think Swindon's ground capacity being larger than Rovers is about Northampton and the integrity of the game?

You think Swindon's ground capacity being larger than Rovers is about Northampton and the integrity of the game?

The relevance is we will still be a bigger club than you have more history

• Like 1

9 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

The only real down side to this is the amount of messages I’ve had from either gas supporting mates or, even worse, mates that don’t even support them trying to have a dig and take the piss out of me…

Literally couldn’t give a shit.  Fair play to them, quite a result. But what it has to do with me I really don’t know! And if you say you couldn’t care they think they are getting a reaction!

This is why I don’t ever want them anywhere near us. They are thick as **** that lot 

The reality is they have just got promoted from a league they should never have been in. An absolutely dreadful league 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Good luck clutching at that straw :)

Anyway, it was a lovely day and great to see so many ex players such as Tom Ritchie there,cheering on The Gas :)

I think it’s more likely that Scunthorpe would be the ones investigated. I doubt it has much to do with Rovers, and it wouldn’t (nor should it) affect anything from your end. You’d have to be completely blind to not admit that it looks suspicious though. Even some gasheads I know thought that something strange was going on, and rumours are beginning to surface that have called into question the integrity of the match. I suspect it will end in a Scunthorpe fine and you can go on your merry way to the third tier!

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Even if we don't go up we will still get more into our ground than them next season?

Congrats on having a higher avg than us for only the second time since we’ve been back in the league? Where were your loyal when we were getting 9k in league 1 in 16/17 and 17/18 and you avgd 7k and 6.3k? 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bristol-rovers/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/2455

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/swindon-town/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/352

Gas up, still Barton down for me. 

Edited by Seventeen
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

This is fun, a Gashead admonishing a Swindle fan for exaggerating their size, and a Swindle fan talking about "integrity". ?

Drama Popcorn GIF by Alexander IRL

:) That's not what I said though is it? The City wannabe said they will get more in their ground next season, and I simply asked how many points would they get for that. Then it went off on the strangest of tangents :)

• Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Congrats on having a higher avg than us for only the second time since we’ve been back in the league? Where were your loyal when we were getting 9k in league 1 in 16/17 and 17/18 and you avgd 7k and 6.3k? 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bristol-rovers/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/2455

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/swindon-town/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/352

Gas up, still Barton down for me. 

9k in league 1… I wouldn’t brag too much about that, old chap! 

Aaah, an argument between Swindon and the fewers over attendances… it’s like watching two bald men fighting over a comb! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 14
  • Flames 1

:) That's not what I said though is it? The City wannabe said they will get more in their ground next season, and I simply asked how many points would they get for that. Then it went off on the strangest of tangents :)

Sorry Port Said Red I take that back, I guess you were commenting on what the other Gas who joined in said. Enjoy your popcorn!

Edited by Miah Dennehy
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Aaah, an argument between Swindon and the fewers over attendances… it’s like watching two bald men fighting over a comb! ?

Can’t they take their petty arguments back to one of their own swamps and leave us to it 

10 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Not bragging mate just find it weird that a Swindon fan continuously comes onto a City forum to put down Rovers attendances because they have a higher average than us? Has it happened so rarely lately that it’s actually something for him to brag about? 

The gap is closer than it was this time yesterday.

A gashead buddy sent me this yesterday evening  - “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

He reckoned the meaning could have applied the gas and Northampton. Great comparison I thought.

In case anyone didn’t recognise it - it’s the opening paragraph of a Tale of two Cities by Charles Dickens.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Not bragging mate just find it weird that a Swindon fan continuously comes onto a City forum to put down Rovers attendances because they have a higher average than us? Has it happened so rarely lately that it’s actually something for him to brag about? 

Could be something to do with the fact that your lot constantly go on about attendances, lie about how many you take away and brag about “taking more dan da sh1t” because it’s “what we do”. It makes you a very easy target for ridicule. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

48 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It literally means you have a bigger ground than us, nothing else. I guess you were better at maths at school than english.

I don’t like either club but Swindon are bigger than rovers , even by fan base which is surprising considering rovers fans think they could fill a 30,000 stadium ??

• Like 2

Just now, Robbored said:

The gap is closer than it was this time yesterday.

A gashead buddy sent me this yesterday evening  - “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

He reckoned the meaning could have applied the gas and Northampton. Great comparison I thought.

In case anyone didn’t recognise it - it’s the opening paragraph of a Tale of two Cities by Charles Dickens.

If my mate ever sent me that he'd be getting a slap.

• Like 1