IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Come on lads, this is what football and football rivalry is all about, whoever finishes third after 46 games deserve to go up no matter how spunky they’ve been and how shyte other teams have been in the last 4 or 5 games, prefer they go up this way to be honest rather than all hype and nonsense of the best fans and fan base in the world selling 90,000 tickets for Wembley and qualifying through the play-off’s, no worries, normal service will be resumed next season ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

We obviously have different opinions on football- enjoy the rest of your weekend.

I am genuinely curious not on a wind up but if the court date for Joey doesn't go the way he hopes for how will your club react? Barton is obviously a massive asset to your club now and I can't see you letting him go easy

26 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

We obviously have different opinions on football- enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Must be strange to be on here where there are justifiable cries of foul play, such heresy would clearly not be tolerated on A$$Hat. 

Straight back down for the BRFC Rent Boys next season.

3 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

That's your choice but calling people out for congratulation Rovers seems to be bitterness.

Haven’t called anyone out. Just said that I find it odd that people are wishing them well. Not bitter, just don’t like them and never will and don’t understand the mini love in. 

2 hours ago, marmite said:

Chill out Harry. Its football ffs!  Some things are far more important. Enjoy the summer and lets see where next season leaves them, and us.

I’m perfectly chilled and have had a lovely day thank you. 
Just don’t understand the love in. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I believe it`s very much an age thing. Those of us that were around in 1982 despise them with every fibre of our being, younger fans just see them as an irrelevance - like an annoying little child who keeps pestering you non-stop.

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Not really arsed.

They haven’t been relevant to me in my life of supporting City. I’m still yet to witness a league derby…

Tick tock

And there you have it.
I’m in my 50’s and hate them with a passion. Too many Gary Smart moments for me to feel any different. 
However, I rose above it to send my congratulations to family and friends who are of a gasseous persuasion. 

Looking forward to watching them crash and burn next season mind

FTG

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 6
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Sturny said:

They had a better squad going up that time too, L1 is also tougher this time round. I don’t think it’ll end pretty.

They have at least 2 loans from higher leagues, one of whom is a star in the making. If they dont get someone in to replace them to make a similar impact then its going to be a rough struggle next season!

Just now, glynriley said:

And there you have it.
I’m in my 50’s and hate them with a passion. Too many Gary Smart moments for me to feel any different. 
However, I rose above it to send my congratulations to family and friends who are of a gasseous persuasion. 

Looking forward to watching the crash and burn next season mind

FTG

Agree with every syllable. 

Hate the Rent Boys with the heat of 10,000 suns. Scum, Scum and thrice Scum. 

“fAIR pLAY to tHE gASH” - give your heads a wobble you sycophantic cretins.

Look forward to a swift return to the fourth division for the Tobacco-chewing, Boob-cricket playing, horse-punching, new stadium-dodging, Babestation-watching, ground-stealing, FA Trophy first round-losing, C***-employing, David Pipe-salad tossing, Sainsbury’s court case-losing, ****pigs next season.

21 years and counting, bitches. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 11
  • Flames 3

20 minutes ago, Harry said:

Haven’t called anyone out. Just said that I find it odd that people are wishing them well. Not bitter, just don’t like them and never will and don’t understand the mini love in. 

I’m perfectly chilled and have had a lovely day thank you. 
Just don’t understand the love in. 

I'm with you @Harry, I just don't get it either.  Gas scum.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Not that they're on TV much, but every single time i've seen them on there they spend the entire game singing songs about how much they hate the "shit".

They call us the shit :laugh: and yet they can't ever make their dream fixture a reality because they are forever in a different league to us.

How the **** any City fan could wish them well is beyond me.

But hey, each to their own.

Robbored takes the biscuit though. This knob actually wanted things to go their way. Very, very strange, unless of course, you are the total wind-up merchant that he is.

Me, I wish them absolutlely nothing but the misery they deserve.

There will still be no dream derby game that they crave, only the total embarrassment of fans of clubs like Derby, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Charlton etc turning up at their ground and thinking, OMFG, WHAT a dump!

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 11
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I openly gave them credit yesterday as others have said you can only beat what is in front of you. I do question from a Northampton perspective whether Bristol Rovers were given an adavantage with the young inexperienced team Scunthorpe put out plus finishing their game several minutes after the final whistle at Barrow.   

No shit, Sherlock ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoldenBall said:

I am genuinely curious not on a wind up but if the court date for Joey doesn't go the way he hopes for how will your club react? Barton is obviously a massive asset to your club now and I can't see you letting him go easy

They’ve got zero morals. As long as they are winning games both the owner and fans will sweep it under the carpet 

As I said earlier, the #HerGameTo movement have suddenly come down with a bout of amnesia to 

Uh-Oh

Scunthorpe allege their goalkeeper was punched by Rovers fans during the pitch invasion.

If the FA / EFL catch that on camera........

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-rovers/bristol-rovers-reported-to-the-fa-over-pitch-invasion-and-Scunthorpe-united-goalkeeper-incident-3685066

image.thumb.png.48a38779c57b58be31060e9b33bec2e0.png

Edited by The Constant Rabbit

5 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

They’ve got zero morals. As long as they are winning games both the owner and fans will sweep it under the carpet 

As I said earlier, the #HerGameTo movement have suddenly come down with a bout of amnesia to 

I presume that you protested very publicly about the signing of Danny Simpson at the time?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Uh-Oh

Scunthorpe allege their goalkeeper was punched by Rovers fans during the pitch invasion.

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-rovers/bristol-rovers-reported-to-the-fa-over-pitch-invasion-and-Scunthorpe-united-goalkeeper-incident-3685066

These morons will punch anything ….keepers….horses….etc …:facepalm:

2 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Uh-Oh

That sounds so unlike them!

BxGp2-rCAAAnlcb.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

I presume that you protested very publicly about the signing of Danny Simpson at the time?

And yes many people at the football club were against us signing him.
Besides comparing Danny Simpson a player who was released after barely kicking a ball for us to your manager the man who is your figure head and in charge of all first team operations just shows how deluded you lot are.

As many have said already on here you are a vile club with 0 morals. Joey the wife beater Barton being your manager is in many ways the perfect fit!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Must be strange to be on here where there are justifiable cries of foul play, such heresy would clearly not be tolerated on A$$Hat. 

Straight back down for the BRFC Rent Boys next season.

Did you go to Coventry in 77 :)

Edited by Miah Dennehy

10 hours ago, HoldenBall said:

If he is convicted, Wael has said he will be gone. Although I'm not sure the club would have a choice anyway, I don't think the EFL will allow a club to operate with a manager who is inside!

12 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Is there any reason why they don't put seats in the stand behind the goal and put a six man tent over the small standing area in the corner for away fans? 

Is there any reason you still force away fans to sit on seats that are wet because you won't build a roof?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

Many fans were against the signing, and tbf many Rovers fans were against Barton becoming manager. The main difference being that many players have been charged with many things over the years, and in my opinion it is certainly different than employing a convicted criminal to be your manager, who is basically the public face of your club. He had already been done multiple times for violence, banged up, fighting on a stag do on a beach wasn't it, stubbing a cigar in a younger players eye, and he also had the Barnsley manager case already hanging over him (pretty obvious what happened there to all), multiple red cards and bans for violence, just to name a few.

Yet after all of that your owner with (who must have had some sort of amnesia when he appointed him), then comes out with the beauty "we stand firmly against any form of violence" and anyone convicted of such offences "would be dismissed immediately". 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Is there any reason you still force away fans to sit on seats that are wet because you won't build a roof?

A Rovers fan trying to take the pee out of another ground. You couldn't make it up.

Have you built away fans some toilets yet? Running water? Disabled stand? Proper seating rather than patio chairs in certain parts?

• Haha 2

All eyes on 23rd June then?

Wael quite clearly said that there’s no place for domestic abusers at Bristol Rovers… but wasn’t that when they they were languishing around the relegation zone? I can’t wait to see where this saga takes us next. If JB is convicted, WAQ has the opportunity to earn my genuine heartfelt respect… I wonder…