IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

He's been doing this for at least 4 games - were you all up in arms when Mansfield beat them 4-0?  That result affected the promotion race. 

Definitely not, as it was a totally different team to what played your mob on Saturday. For starters they had their main keeper in goal against Mansfield and not some 17yr old, plus 6 other changes on Saturday to that team.

2 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Watch it they  are coming for us

Just won promotion and your first thought is Bristol City? ? 

Don't they realise this is why we're so smug??

Criss Angel Smoking GIF by DefyTV

3 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

In the last 20 years there have been ONLY 5 seasons where there were 2 divisions between the 2 clubs.

The rest of the time it has been only 1 division difference - This is as it will be next season

Forgive me for not holding my breath while they "come for us" though - 15 seasons of abject failure to reach parity with us or get promoted from league one (something we have done twice in that time) suggests the gap is more likely to end if we fail and get relegated, rather than they succeed and get promoted to the championship,

• Like 1

:laugh: I saw someone on the BBC local news tonight saying that this club is at LEAST Championship.

Do they EVER learn? This promotion "miracle" could still turn out to be another gift for City fans, and I believe it will be.

Watch out, League ONE. One of the real big boys has just entered the arena.

We shall see.

Edited by AppyDAZE

9 hours ago, Harry said:

I may have missed it but I haven’t seen anyone saying they ‘hate’ any particular individuals because of the team they support. 
I’ve certainly not. 
I hate the football club. And will offer them not a single word of praise. 
Don’t think anyone has said they hate any specific people (believe me, there’s plenty of gas that I’ve met in the past who are absolute *****, but there are also a fair number of city fans I’ve met who are nobs as well). As said, I’m sure we all have gas mates, but we are able to separate friendship and football club. I can like a person but hate their football club. And I will never praise Rovers for anything, regardless of the circumstances of their promotion. 

You're wrong there H, If we all had just one  gash mate only,, why that would mean there would be at least 21000 gash heads in exorbitance...............and that's patently NOT the case !    ?

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Like it or not Barton's obviously got something about him.

Also has contacts to bring in ridiculous season changing players on loan.

I want to see Rovers struggle horribly back in div.3. with multiple thrashings so demoralising that they rue the day they got promoted.

I fear though they might be fairly comfortable there under Barton, so the sooner he's off to a bigger club the better imo.

Or (preferably) a BIG HOUSE !

‘The FA are investigating the pitch invasion which happened in the aftermath of Bristol Rovers’ seventh goal in the 85th minute at the Memorial Stadium. Keith Hill, the Scunthorpe manager, was asked whether his side’s 17-year-old goalkeeper, Owen Foster, had been punched during the invasion.

“I don’t really want to talk about it. The referee’s done a report and I want to leave it with them. I don’t want to spoil what is a tremendous day for Bristol Rovers and Joey,” said Hill.

“I don’t want it to be sour grapes, but we have got a duty of care to our young players on the pitch”

From The Times.

Edited by Malago
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Malago said:

‘The FA are investigating the pitch invasion which happened in the aftermath of Bristol Rovers’ seventh goal in the 85th minute at the Memorial Stadium. Keith Hill, the Scunthorpe manager, was asked whether his side’s 17-year-old goalkeeper, Owen Foster, had been punched during the invasion.

“I don’t really want to talk about it. The referee’s done a report and I want to leave it with them. I don’t want to spoil what is a tremendous day for Bristol Rovers and Joey,” said Hill.

“I don’t want it to be sour grapes, but we have got a duty of care to our young players on the pitch”

From The Times.

No surprise - the FA investigate every pitch invasion throughout the entire EFL.

• Like 1

Imagine the uproar in the Premier league if, for instance, relegated Norwich were playing Arsenal and fielded a team of mostly inexperienced youngsters. Arsenal won 7-0 which meant they finished 4th on goals scored and pushed Spurs to 5th therefore Arsenal securing the final Champions league spot and the financial rewards that go with it.

However this is only 4th division Northampton so no one in the EFL really cares (except NTFC and their fans). 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

You're wrong there H, If we all had just one  gash mate only,, why that would mean there would be at least 21000 gash heads in exorbitance...............and that's patently NOT the case !    ?

And even that assumes only one each….whereas some of us have a minibus full……?

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, Rich said:

I was away in Devon when I heard the news, I thought, there has to be something really funny going on for the results to transpire as they did. Well there was, the gods were shining on them. Then I suddenly thought, this is going to be intolerable. We'll have the Post, Points West, HTV all swooning over them for their marvelous achievement, which is usually portrayed as so much more than we ever achieve, I suppose that's the plucky underdogs, or that Rovers supporters demand more exposure and still have simpathysers in high places. I also thought how long until I see one of those tramps wearing a tramps shirt. I didn't have to wait too long, Sunday morning I'm on my way home and stop in Highbridge caravans and, there it was, a tramp wearing a tramps T shirt at 11am in the caravan shop. Spoilt my day.

I will also add that I live in Bristol, yet only know one active Rovers supporter, fortunate you might say. He wasn't going to be able to make a meet with the lads this Wednesday, now he's managed to make the time, surprise, surprise.

Add Radio Bristol to this list, I have never known them Tweet so relentlessly about a single game, I swear our Man U win only got about the same coverage from them.

Spot on about the friends in high places too, just watch the “now we need the Council to help us get a new ground narrative” over the summer..

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Malago said:

From The Times.

Obviously wasn't any horses there on Saturday!

2 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

Imagine the uproar in the Premier league if, for instance, relegated Norwich were playing Arsenal and fielded a team of mostly inexperienced youngsters. Arsenal won 7-0 which meant they finished 4th on goals scored and pushed Spurs to 5th therefore Arsenal securing the final Champions league spot and the financial rewards that go with it.

However this is only 4th division Northampton so no one in the EFL really cares (except NTFC and their fans). 

And if one of the big clubs did what rovers did Saturday it wound still be showing on sky sports now 

14 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I missed both our games against them, but apparently they absolutely played us off the park at our place whereas we were the better side n the return. If I was a betting man, I'd be looking at Mansfield to be the ones to go up.

They always seem to flatter to deceive, Swindon for me if only because we can have another season of our adopted Swindon fan bickering with you ?

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Add Radio Bristol to this list, I have never known them Tweet so relentlessly about a single game, I swear our Man U win only got about the same coverage from them.

Spot on about the friends in high places too, just watch the “now we need the Council to help us get a new ground narrative” over the summer..

How could I have possibly forgotten Radio Bristol, with their regular trips to "The Mem" and to see how the "Gas" are getting on. Then on other occasions they'll see if there's any updates from BS3 and Bristol City. It's not cold towards City but, often comes across warm and friendly to the ground stealing family from hell club.

I'm not certain but, I doubt there'd have been the same coverage in Nottingham for County as there is for Forest, equally Port Vale wouldn't get equal coverage as Stoke. I watch local TV news and I am often left wondering who's the team with most support and consistently in the higher division.

As for the ground reference, you can bet your sweet buddy that Marvin's Right hand man and Gashead, Craig Cheney, is beavering away behind the scenes, trying to give developers long leases with peppercorn rents on council owned land. With the promise of easy planning applications as long as they provide a stadium within their plans.

Edited by Rich
addition
  • Like 3
  • Flames 3

16 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

We're more likely to 'Come for Them' than they are for us.

They've got absolutely **** all chance of becoming a Championship club within the immediate future.

Christ, they'll only have about 3 players left when the loanees go back. 

They're so excited about 3rd place in Division 4!

The Open Top Bus Tour WILL HAPPEN. It's what they do. Blocking up Kingswood High Street when most of it is ******* red anyway these days!

They're ******* stuck in 1990 again with their grainy VHS videos of their hoofballing!

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 2