IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Swede said:

Strange little club with no identity still wearing Everton's old 1900's kit and singing an old Argyle dirge about a prostitute.

To be pedantic, it isn't clear from the song that she's a brass part. However, I have always found it odd that any club would adopt a song about a bloke who is about to commit suicide because he can't stop his missus going off with other men, as an anthem. 

On 14/05/2022 at 11:00, TheReds said:

I cannot see anyone touching Barton with a barge pole until his latest court case is out of the way. Wael said he will be gone if found guilty, and if he went elsewhere the club would be pressured into sacking him as well. Absolutely no chance of him going there imo, but would be hilarious if it did happen.

I don't condone violence but there are many who'd like to do more than just 'touch' him with a barge pole. 

11 minutes ago, PhilC said:

The Rangers V Frankfurt match thread...  

Everyone's 2nd favourite team mind!!

Screenshot_20220518-211718_Chrome.jpg

I can guarantee at the end of the best wishes message the saghead would have asked who they prefer out of us and them and obviously it would have been them !!

1 hour ago, PhilC said:

The Rangers V Frankfurt match thread...  

Everyone's 2nd favourite team mind!!

Screenshot_20220518-211718_Chrome.jpg

46 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I can guarantee at the end of the best wishes message the saghead would have asked who they prefer out of us and them and obviously it would have been them !!

Larkhall_Exile = Henbury Gas

• Like 1

On 12/05/2022 at 06:21, In the Net said:

Indeed, JB will have to re-do it again in a higher division, I just think it won't quite be to the extent indicated in your post.

I would have expected Coutts to have been offered another contract, if the appearance clause hadn't triggered the option - which he didn't have to take up.  I can't imagine that the players who followed JB from Fleetwood would have done so for one season, only to clear off after helping the club to gain promotion.

Who is this Finlayson that you speak of? ? Evans only had a one year contract as he was returning from playing in Germany, and had a history of injuries - he's proved to be a very good signing, if a Championship club came in for him, I wouldn't blame him for going.  It's quite normal for players to leave contract negotiations until there's a clear picture of where the club will be playing the following season, and, also to compare with other offers they may receive.  Not sure what level any approach to Nicholson would come from, he;s got a young family and may want to return to Scotland.

We've got a good nucleaus of players who are still under contract, which JB can build around.  It will be interesting to see what he comes up with this time.

Bristol Rovers release retained list with Glenn Whelan among 13 to depart

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-retained-list-2022-7103447#ICID=Android_BristolPostApp_AppShare

So there we go then. 

Gas going into next season with 13 players under contract (that will include the two kids from the development squad that they just gave pro deals to.

So, as stated @In the Net. JB will have to start next season in L1 with a completely new team, losing any momentum; and hope lightning strikes twice.

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Rich list is out again today, still no sign of Wally though ??‍♂️

Surely a mistake?

Ah but the Rich List isn't calculated using Gas Logic or include the money under his mattress. (The equivalent of the numbers locked out in the car park at away matches).

8 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-retained-list-2022-7103447#ICID=Android_BristolPostApp_AppShare

So there we go then. 

Gas going into next season with 13 players under contract (that will include the two kids from the development squad that they just gave pro deals to.

So, as stated @In the Net. JB will have to start next season in L1 with a completely new team, losing any momentum; and hope lightning strikes twice.

Gutted for Glenn Whelan & Leon Clarke, next stop featuring in Soccer Aid?

This is gonna be interesting. The thug has to totally rebuild the Blue Few squad whilst contending with factors such as his skill, persuasiveness, financial restraints, their attractiveness to prospective signings, competition from other clubs, playing at a higher level etc etc. Add into that an unbelievable amount of luck (and any other considerations I may have missed).

Any deluded Sag thinking they're on a roll could well be in for a bit of a shock.

Good...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

So there we go then. 

How on earth do you come to that conclusion - have all the players gone elsewhere?

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

How on earth do you come to that conclusion - have all the players gone elsewhere?

Not all, obviously, but certainly the (excellent) loanees/short term contracts:

'Billy' Anderson, the shining light from Newcastle and probably the star player in Division Two since Christmas - quite amazing to think he only played four and a bit months for you.

Connor Taylor, a very promising centre back, who would have been a potential young (Division Two) player of the season had not 'Billy' performed as he did, who will be very difficult to replace.

Evans, who will quite possibly be looking elsewhere now his one year contract is up and he has 'proved' himself back in English football. His ten? goals will need to be found from somewhere, which will be difficult, especially in a higher division.

The (dyed) blond haired chap on loan from Barnsley. Will he want (be allowed) to stay another year, especially given you and Barnsley are now in the same division?

Whether or not JB remains in charge after his June appointment, there is an awful lot of work to be done in pre-season.

Barton has had his issues with violence in the past and his reputation is still ripe amongst other clubs and managers but he’s clearly a man who knows how to manage and get his team organised and playing well - let’s not forget that he was a very decent player who played under some top managers 

He’s clearly learnt his trade via his journey in the industry and most recently the Gas release list shows that he’s planning to rebuild the squad ready for next season. He knows that the standard gets better the higher up the leagues a club goes and he’ll be wanting to recruit better players - we all know how tough L1 is  having spent too many seasons down there.

If JB gets it right I can see them stabilising in L1 with around a mid table finish.