IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I would bet that you will be in the bottom 10 in league 1, £100 to the charity of choice.

First season up, I'd realistically be ok with a mid-table finish - bottom 10 is only 2 places below this, and if the tables are as close as they've been this year, there could just be a point between those positions.  You finished in the bottom 8, were 5 points adrift of the team above, and that's after how many years in the Championship?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, harrys said:

It will be difficult without Barton who seems to be a decent manager but who wants a wife-beater as their manager?

My understanding is that the Court case is next month.   I am guessing that the CP have irefutable evidence to have brought this to court, and I'll be expecting the justice system to act accordingly. 

9 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Not all, obviously, but certainly the (excellent) loanees/short term contracts:

'Billy' Anderson, the shining light from Newcastle and probably the star player in Division Two since Christmas - quite amazing to think he only played four and a bit months for you.

Connor Taylor, a very promising centre back, who would have been a potential young (Division Two) player of the season had not 'Billy' performed as he did, who will be very difficult to replace.

Evans, who will quite possibly be looking elsewhere now his one year contract is up and he has 'proved' himself back in English football. His ten? goals will need to be found from somewhere, which will be difficult, especially in a higher division.

The (dyed) blond haired chap on loan from Barnsley. Will he want (be allowed) to stay another year, especially given you and Barnsley are now in the same division?

Whether or not JB remains in charge after his June appointment, there is an awful lot of work to be done in pre-season.

Anderson was certainly a one-off, I'd be surprised if any League Two club got a loan of that quality again.  Alfie Kilgour is returning to fitness now, so will fill one of the centre back berths - he's previously played well in League One.  Evans is a key player - the most important one to re-sign in my opinion.  Luke Thomas (Blondie) came on loan as he had meantal health issues, and wanted to be closer to his family - for his sake, I hope that the mental health issues are resolved, if they haven't, he might return.

JB made early signings last summer, so hopefully he'll do the same again, he seems to have a very well organised recruitment team supporting him - it will be interesting to see who he signs this time around.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, In the Net said:

My understanding is that the Court case is next month.   I am guessing that the CP have irefutable evidence to have brought this to court, and I'll be expecting the justice system to act accordingly. 

The evidence is in the phone call and injuries to his wife’s face, it couldn’t be more clear cut but no doubt he will have the best lawyer that money can buy so may getaway with it but it will never take away the fact that he IS a wife beater as we all know

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

It’s not going to be irrefutable and nor does it have to be to go to Court.

What we do know however is that Mrs Barton phoned the Police to report that she had been violently assaulted by her husband who just happens to be a man with history of violence.

When they arrived they found that she had injuries consistent with her report and was recorded by the Police on body worn video repeating that her husband had forced her to the ground by her throat during a heated argument and kicked her in the head.

Unfortunately he’ll likely be found not guilty as his wife has now changed her story.

But then maybe he’s been innocent all along? Maybe Mrs Barton accidentally slipped and inflicted shocking injuries on herself just like that Barnsley manager apparently did? Poor misunderstood Joey, all these people trying to bring him down including his own wife, I dunno...

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

What we do know however is that Mrs Barton phoned the Police to report that she had been violently assaulted by her husband who just happens to be a man with history of violence.

When they arrived they found that she had injuries consistent with her report and was recorded by the Police on body worn video repeating that her husband had forced her to the ground by her throat during a heated argument and kicked her in the head.

Unfortunately he’ll likely be found not guilty as his wife has now changed her story.

But then maybe he’s been innocent all along? Maybe Mrs Barton accidentally slipped and inflicted shocking injuries on herself just like that Barnsley manager apparently did? Poor misunderstood Joey, all these people trying to bring him down including his own wife, I dunno...

Barton & Amber Heard a marriage made in heaven?

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

If he’s found not guilty should his wife be arrested for wasting police time?

47 minutes ago, torontogaz said:

How many are you taking to Wembley Shaun??

If we had made it approx 35,000 but that would have been actual fans and not a fictitious number. 

No problem not making it more pi**sd off that one of your ex managers allegedly headbutted our captain but shouldn't really be surprised as you like employing thugs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

My ex sister-in-law (who liked the odd glass of wine) hit herself in the face twice, and then phone the police to say that her teenage son had attacked her. The lad had apparently annoyed her about something, so that was her "revenge".  I've also worked with a female who sometimes exchanged blows with her partner - she was quite open about it.  On occassion she would be upstairs on her mobile, phoning the police, and he would be doing the same thing downstairs, both reporting each other for violence - they did get eventually get a stern talking to from the police.  She sometimes came to work with bruises, and if she'd chosen to tell us that they were inflicted by her partner, (and omit her part in the altercation), of course we would have believed her without question. 

The old saying "nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors" exists for a reason.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Shaun Taylor said:

If we had made it approx 35,000 but that would have been actual fans and not a fictitious number. 

No problem not making it more pi**sd off that one of your ex managers allegedly headbutted our captain but shouldn't really be surprised as you like employing thugs.

I bet you took a few back in Hoddles play off era Shaun

The play off the Sags have never got distant sight off , let alone competed in 

3 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Maybe your emotions would still be a bit off kilter if you'd recently lost a child.  The first thing he did when interviewed was to apologise to all concerned.

9 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Maybe your emotions would still be a bit off kilter if you'd recently lost a child.  The first thing he did when interviewed was to apologise to all concerned.

Not disputing what he's been trough but you can't assault someone and expect to get away with it by saying sorry.

2 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

I don’t think he should have been pitchside full stop. He looked on edge all night and obviously not in the right frame of mind. 

I knew he had suffered a family bereavement but I hadn’t realised he’d lost a child , that’s terrible 

He always appeared a bit emotional on touchline and certainly looked really  ‘on edge’ the other night which with the combination of his loss and an important , charges , play off game is understandable.

I guess that it’s probably a ‘release’ for him atm , but a difficult mix with a play off campaign 

Someone needs to be alongside him at Wembley and look after him IMO - he’d probably be better to sit up in the stand , but I’m sure he won’t.

You can but feel for him

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Not disputing what he's been trough but you can't assault someone and expect to get away with it by saying sorry.

I'm not aware that he expects to get away with it, he apologised at the first opportunity because it was the right thing to do.  You've linked him with the word "thug" - which I find pretty despicable. 

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I knew he had suffered a family bereavement but I hadn’t realised he’d lost a child , that’s terrible 

He always appeared a bit emotional on touchline and certainly looked really  ‘on edge’ the other night which with the combination of his loss and an important , charges , play off game is understandable.

I guess that it’s probably a ‘release’ for him atm , but a difficult mix with a play off campaign 

Someone needs to be alongside him at Wembley and look after him IMO - he’d probably be better to sit up in the stand , but I’m sure he won’t.

You can but feel for him

Yes, and in the most tragic of circumstances too.  Still, the Swindon fan thinks it's quite acceptable to label him as a "thug".

4 hours ago, In the Net said:

First season up, I'd realistically be ok with a mid-table finish - bottom 10 is only 2 places below this, and if the tables are as close as they've been this year, there could just be a point between those positions.  You finished in the bottom 8, were 5 points adrift of the team above, and that's after how many years in the Championship?

Fair comment ITN. Alot more realistic than some.

The Championship is a different ball game altogether with all respect.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

I don’t think he should have been pitchside full stop. He looked on edge all night and obviously not in the right frame of mind. 

It's a difficult one, he had been back at work in a backround capacity for a few weeks, and maybe he felt that he should be more involved for the final push.  I know that when I lost my Dad, I thought that getting back into the work environment quickly was the best thing to do, then all the emotions came to the surface about 6 weeks later, and floored me. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Fair comment ITN. Another more realistic than some.

The Championship is a different ball game altogether with all respect.

Yes, I do appreciate that - it's a totally different world, you only have to look at the difference in players' wages in League One and Championship to see what a step up that is.  To be honest, I prefer the televised Championship games to the Premiership ones - lacking the individuals with world class skills, but more exciting to watch in my opinion. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Is that what actually happened to him? Blimey, I'm not sure I could have got over that atall. Poor bloke, that's really sad.

Yes, her friends set up a Just Giving page for the RSPCA, as she loved animals, so it is out there in the public domain.  I've not mentioned it before, as he obviously doesn't want publicity about it, and, although it is much more widely known now, I think that the press are respecting his wishes. 

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Yes, and in the most tragic of circumstances too.  Still, the Swindon fan thinks it's quite acceptable to label him as a "thug".

On the night yes he was an allegeged thug. If he wasn't in the right frame of mind emotionally then he shouldn't have been involved on the touchline.

56 minutes ago, In the Net said:

My ex sister-in-law (who liked the odd glass of wine) hit herself in the face twice, and then phone the police to say that her teenage son had attacked her. The lad had apparently annoyed her about something, so that was her "revenge".  I've also worked with a female who sometimes exchanged blows with her partner - she was quite open about it.  On occassion she would be upstairs on her mobile, phoning the police, and he would be doing the same thing downstairs, both reporting each other for violence - they did get eventually get a stern talking to from the police.  She sometimes came to work with bruises, and if she'd chosen to tell us that they were inflicted by her partner, (and omit her part in the altercation), of course we would have believed her without question. 

The old saying "nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors" exists for a reason.

You’ve got to admit, with his past it would have to be one hell of an argument for her to make something like that up knowing the possibility that his career, freedom and her whole lifestyle would be at risk. In fact, if I was Joey Barton and my missus, pissed or not, fabricated an assault which subsequently put me through a Court appearance and the nationwide negative press that comes with it, she wouldn’t be my missus for very long.

There is another old saying that may be relevant in this case… ‘the truth comes out when your drunk’.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1