IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

52 minutes ago, In the Net said:

It's a difficult one, he had been back at work in a backround capacity for a few weeks, and maybe he felt that he should be more involved for the final push.  I know that when I lost my Dad, I thought that getting back into the work environment quickly was the best thing to do, then all the emotions came to the surface about 6 weeks later, and floored me. 

We lost our daughter just over 14 years ago and life has never been the same since. It’s the worst thing that can happen to a human being and my heart goes out to him as I know what a long long journey he has in front of him. Life will never be the same again. 

• Like 2
  • Robin 9

Just now, Wealwayseatcheese said:

We lost our daughter just over 14 years ago and life has never been the same since. It’s the worst thing that can happen to a human being and my heart goes out to him as I know what a long long journey he has in front of him. Life will never be the same again. 

So sorry to hear that your family has been through this, I cannot even begin to imagine how awful this must be, and where people find the strength to carry on.  Best wishes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

You’ve got to admit, with his past it would have to be one hell of an argument for her to make something like that up knowing the possibility that his career, freedom and her whole lifestyle would be at risk. In fact, if I was Joey Barton and my missus, pissed or not, fabricated an assault which subsequently put me through a Court appearance and the nationwide negative press that comes with it, she wouldn’t be my missus for very long.

There is another old saying that may be relevant in this case… ‘the truth comes out when your drunk’.

I was just pointing out that everybody is quick to assume that they know everything about a situation, when they weren't there.  With regards to her lifestyle being at risk, I doubt that, I think JB has been shrewd with the money he's earned, and a good lawyer would probably get her 60%.  They've been together for a long time, and I would imagine that it might well be a tempestuous relationship at times, especially with alcohol in the mix.  I guess she does what she thinks is best for herself and the family.

8 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I was just pointing out that everybody is quick to assume that they know everything about a situation, when they weren't there.  With regards to her lifestyle being at risk, I doubt that, I think JB has been shrewd with the money he's earned, and a good lawyer would probably get her 60%.  They've been together for a long time, and I would imagine that it might well be a tempestuous relationship at times, especially with alcohol in the mix.  I guess she does what she thinks is best for herself and the family.

Appreciate what you’re saying but I was only stating what is out in the Public Domain.

When i said ‘lifestyle’ I was more referring to their whole family life as opposed to wealth...just couldn’t think how to word it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Absolutely for his thuggery but condolences to him and his family for his tragic loss 

He certainly had a moment of madness in that game, but - from what I saw- it was pretty much handbags and far, far from the worst thing I have seen on a football field.

As for his state of mind at the time, who knows? Unfortunately, I can tell you from experience that losing a child can really - unsurprisingly- **** with your head, and it becomes very easy to lash out- both physically and metaphorically - at times you normally wouldn't. I don't think for one second, that Darrell Clarke is a thug.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

He certainly had a moment of madness in that game, but - from what I saw- it was pretty much handbags and far, far from the worst thing I have seen on a football field.

As for his state of mind at the time, who knows? Unfortunately, I can tell you from experience that losing a child can really - unsurprisingly- **** with your head, and it becomes very easy to lash out- both physically and metaphorically - at times you normally wouldn't. I don't think for one second, that Darrell Clarke is a thug.

Fair point you make and as stated above he may be better off away from the side of the pitch when they play at Wembley incase things don't go for Port Vale 

5 hours ago, In the Net said:

It's a difficult one, he had been back at work in a backround capacity for a few weeks, and maybe he felt that he should be more involved for the final push.  I know that when I lost my Dad, I thought that getting back into the work environment quickly was the best thing to do, then all the emotions came to the surface about 6 weeks later, and floored me. 

I get that. I lost my Mum pre 1st lockdown. She had cancer and it wasn't unexpected. I was fine, went back to work, attended the funeral and weeks later....I went to phone her. It hit me at that point!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I get that. I lost my Mum pre 1st lockdown. She had cancer and it wasn't unexpected. I was fine, went back to work, attended the funeral and weeks later....I went to phone her. It hit me at that point!! 

We all grieve for loved ones in different ways. Time is a great healer but one never forgets. It's just further away. The older I get, the more I miss Dad and Mum. I've been happily married again for twenty years after first wife died, yet still think about her most days.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Robin 1

5 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

After such a personal tragedy he deserves all our sympathy, it would be a great and humane gesture if his red card was overturned and he was allowed to lead his team out at Wembley 

• Like 6

On 21/05/2022 at 13:35, Shaun Taylor said:

If we had made it approx 35,000 but that would have been actual fans and not a fictitious number. 

No problem not making it more pi**sd off that one of your ex managers allegedly headbutted our captain but shouldn't really be surprised as you like employing thugs.

Hahahaha it is most definitely is a made up number. 

As everyone on here knows I am 110% against Barton because of his actions but one thing I will not have is a Swindon fan going on about DC being a thug?!??!! Anyone who watched it saw there was no headbutt and the “allegedly” in your sentence confirms that even you know it yourself. As mentioned already DC has gone through something that fortunately most of us will never have to. It’s out of character for him but don’t go creating a scenario to suit your own agenda because your team weren’t good enough over 46 games and then an extra two legs to get promoted. 

Every week you come on here and sound more and more like your own description of a Rovers fan. Boasting about attendances and away followings. Congratulations on having a higher home gate than us for the first time in years. Congratulations on yet again not having a higher away following despite the numerous weeks on here I read you claiming you were taking 3500 everywhere you were going. 

Maybe if Garner spent more time looking at how he set you lot up in that second leg as opposed to blaming an “unwatered pitch” you’d have been in the final.

propa wallop ?

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

448A4055-2A14-46AA-88C9-06BD6AAD3462.png

Right, that’s it, no more love-ins!

They’ll be booking a weekend in Nottingham instead for a little trip to Derby where they can reminisce about their massive following when Nathan Ellington wowed the Derby fans and Derby adopted Rovers as their second club.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 24/05/2022 at 06:28, bert tann said:

After Rovers glorious achievement of coming third in League two Mr Al-Quidi Jnr is now writing an autobiography.

The working title is “Mein Camp”.

Doesn't matter if you finish 1st, 3rd or go up via the play-offs - all those teams will start off as equals in League One next season. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

Doesn't matter if you finish 1st, 3rd or go up via the play-offs - all those teams will start off as equals in League One next season. 

I bet you have the same opinion for the 89/90 season then?

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

I would re phrase that, you might start level, but there are a few Clubs there you ain't equal to :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I would re phrase that, you might start level, but there are a few Clubs there you ain't equal to :thumbsup:

No need the re-phrase what I said, the discussion was about the teams which have been promoted - I would say that there are a few clubs in League One which none of the new boys are equal to. 

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

No they won't.

Not every side in the 3rd division can claim to be the divisions favourite second club.

I hear the sound of straws being clutched. 

• Haha 1