IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, phantom said:

I very rarely venture over to Arsechat as I may aswell listen to David Icke if I want to read nonsense

But this beauty is showing over there

image.png

3 hours ago, Gazred said:

That is 100% #gaslogic...and also total BS.

#Deluded. 

If for example your capacity is 9,500 home supporters, and demand means you can actually physically sale 9,500, then why would you want to take them off sale?

Either that or they're trying to sell tickets for seats they haven't got. Surely nobody would ever be stupid enough to do that though would they.....

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

#Deluded. 

If for example your capacity is 9,500 home supporters, and demand means you can actually physically sale 9,500, then why would you want to take them off sale?

Either that or they're trying to sell tickets for seats they haven't got. Surely nobody would ever be stupid enough to do that though would they.....

Answer 1. To increase the price.

Answer 2. Definitely not. ?

20 minutes ago, Rich said:

Answer 1. To increase the price.

Answer 2. Definitely not. ?

Have just had a look at their prices.  Season tickets starting from £352!  A tenner less than our starting point in infinitely better facilities at a higher level!  Bonkers.  Absolutely bonkers!

30 minutes ago, Taz said:

#Deluded. 

Can't believe I'm going to defend them, but.

Norwich sold out of season tickets, 21,500 sold for a stadium that holds 27,000ish. You have to hold some back for PotD.

What the doesn't explain is what that dumbass is banging on about. Not being able to sell out a 9,500 capacity ground does not guarantee you could fill a 15,000 seater ground. 

I'm off to Bath tomorrow for the races, just had a quick look at the runners and riders.

In the 17.18 there is a horse called Quarter Blue.

This causes me something of a dilemma.

Do I back it, and with my track record of horse racing bets, ensure that every gashead there backs a losing horse, or do I put my faith in another donkey, the issue being that if I did back it, I would of course be rooting for it to win as that would mean £s, so what do I do?

• Haha 1

• Admin
30 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm off to Bath tomorrow for the races, just had a quick look at the runners and riders.

Do I back it, and with my track record of horse racing bets, ensure that every gashead there backs a losing horse, or do I put my faith in another donkey, the issue being that if I did back it, I would of course be rooting for it to win as that would mean £s, so what do I do?

I'd be worried someone might run on the track and punch it out of habit 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

No, got it all wrong...........the owner is making a statement about Bristol  "it's a QUARTER blue  !

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Joey Barton's views on the monarchy make interesting reading. Joey Barton is a red? 

None of Joey Barton’s views make interesting reading.

Who genuinely gives a fuck what he thinks, whether you are a Republican or Monarchist?

Celebrity culture shit.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Who genuinely gives a **** what he thinks, whether you are a Republican or Monarchist?

Celebrity culture shit.

I love it when he’s had a few bevvies and starts tweeting, would be interesting to know what his chairman thinks

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Who genuinely gives a **** what he thinks, whether you are a Republican or Monarchist?

Celebrity culture shit.

Unfortunately he thinks he’s an intellectual with original views because he read a book once. Sadly, within the football community, that probably does make him brighter than many.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Have they actually got any players for next season, not that the only ones that seemed good enough to get them out of L2 have escaped back to their own clubs..? 

Spoken to a number of colleagues who are STs at the Mem.

They are finding the hard way that there is a huge disparity between L1 & L2 wages (they should see the Championship).

Their highest paid players last season were only on a couple of grand. Tyler Walker who they have been linked with is on 7k.

This is the problem that I highlighted on this thread in a couple of posts a month ago. The Gas have lost pretty much the entire nucleus of their squad (Both CBs, 3 out of 4 top scorers/assisters); and all of their loanees/1 year contracted players. They are having to rebuild in a higher league; whilst not really have the infrastructure to do that. The other promoted teams, have by and large been able to keep their squads together, and aren't afflicted in the same way. So far they're only been able to resign Trevor Clarke. Who lets be fair is not a key player for them, as he was out injured for most of last season.

While being a relatively big team in L2, paying decent wages for that level, and using the Old Fleetwood connections. They are now competing against teams like Ipswich, Sheff Wed, Charlton, Portsmouth etc; who will all pay better wages, and will be much more attractive to players. Thus they will have to wait right until the end of the window for me; and pick up the scraps of players that other teams have passed on.

Fair play to them on getting promoted after their first 4 months in the division. But there seemed to be no planning on what to do when/if they got promoted. It was just "Don't worry, we're sort something out".

EDIT: They've also got a real chance of losing their last goalscorer Collins who is entering his last year of contract

At least they've made one signing :-

Bristol Rovers confirm Phat new signing for the 2022/23 League One campaign and beyond - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

But there seemed to be no planning on what to do when/if they got promoted. It was just "Don't worry, we're sort something out".

Which is the mindset that saw them relegated to the conference.

Wally is not the messiah and neither is Saint Barton. Legends in their own lunchtime. 

As far as recruitment goes, do you think the owner would let JB go ahead with possible signings while there's a threat of a conviction over his head?

If Barton is convicted, he'd most probably lose his position as manager and, any new manager would want to build his own squad, which won't be easy in a very short space of time. That's unless the owner has morals like Barton and will continue to employ him even with a possible custodial sentence, with Joey giving his team talks and instructions whilst inside.

Sounds like a perfect storm brewing.

• Like 1

They are just biding their time, there is loads of planning behind the scenes, key targets are being identified, and they are glad they haven't gone in early getting players in as this way they have planned properly.

That's what my deluded Gas mate said anyway.... I mean who wants to get their business done early and have the squad all together, that makes no sense at all...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheReds said:

They are just biding their time, there is loads of planning behind the scenes, key targets are being identified, and they are glad they haven't gone in early getting players in as this way they have planned properly.

That's what my deluded Gas mate said anyway.... I mean who wants to get their business done early and have the squad all together, that makes no sense at all...

You forgot to mention that "these things take time".

• Haha 2