IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, In the Net said:

Doesn't matter if you finish 1st, 3rd or go up via the play-offs - all those teams will start off as equals in League One next season. 

Based on that logic, Leeds will start off as equals to Manchester City in the Premier League next season. Gas logic at its best. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Based on that logic, Leeds will start off as equals to Manchester City in the Premier League next season. Gas logic at its best. 

You need to re-read my post before trying to be clever - I referred to the clubs who finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, plus the play-off winners in League Two.  I don't think that there will be a great deal to separate their prospects when they start life back in League One.  For some reason you are referencing the Premiership champions and a team who avoided relegation on the final day - there is no similarity to what I was talking about. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, In the Net said:

Yes - all the promoted clubs had the same starting point when the 1990/91 season started. 

Obviously they all start at the same point, I was referring to the bit just prior to that point. You're probably in the minority of your supporter base with that then, as the shouting, chest thumping and bluster from your lot over the ensuing years regarding those events, has been over the top. I suppose it's about not having much to shout about.

On 21/05/2022 at 15:04, Wealwayseatcheese said:

We lost our daughter just over 14 years ago and life has never been the same since. It’s the worst thing that can happen to a human being and my heart goes out to him as I know what a long long journey he has in front of him. Life will never be the same again. 

So terribly sorry for your loss.

On 21/05/2022 at 14:34, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

You’ve got to admit, with his past it would have to be one hell of an argument for her to make something like that up knowing the possibility that his career, freedom and her whole lifestyle would be at risk. In fact, if I was Joey Barton and my missus, pissed or not, fabricated an assault which subsequently put me through a Court appearance and the nationwide negative press that comes with it, she wouldn’t be my missus for very long.

There is another old saying that may be relevant in this case… ‘the truth comes out when your drunk’.

In vino veritas ?

Cheers!

A superb comment on that story:

Looking at average away attendances last season compared with home gate averages, I think it would be reasonable to make a comparison with Bradford City i.e. if we had the capacity then our crowd would I'm sure been 15,000 + same as theirs. So, yes I'm looking forward to the coming season but I'm also going to bang on and on about the NEED for a new stadium

Why would their attendances be 15,000+ if they had the capacity? They couldn't even fill their 9000 maximum until the last couple of games..... Agree they need a new stadium due to theirs falling apart, but it isn't because they need it for capacity.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Looking at average away attendances last season compared with home gate averages, I think it would be reasonable to make a comparison with Bradford City i.e. if we had the capacity then our crowd would I'm sure been 15,000 + same as theirs. So, yes I'm looking forward to the coming season but I'm also going to bang on and on about the NEED for a new stadium

Why would their attendances be 15,000+ if they had the capacity? They couldn't even fill their 9000 maximum until the last couple of games..... Agree they need a new stadium due to theirs falling apart, but it isn't because they need it for capacity.

The flawed logic here is astounding 

They didn't sell out (even at whatever their reduced capacity was) for at least 3/4 of their games

They had 5 attendances above 9K - two of those were local derbies against fellow promotion chasing sides.

Before the new year they struggled to break 7K 

Now they NEED a bigger stadium?? 

Now their loan signings have gone back, I give it a few weeks of them getting rinsed in League one by some proper sides before their crowds are back to their usual 7K numbers.

27 minutes ago, cityal said:

The flawed logic here is astounding 

They didn't sell out (even at whatever their reduced capacity was) for at least 3/4 of their games

They had 5 attendances above 9K - two of those were local derbies against fellow promotion chasing sides.

Before the new year they struggled to break 7K 

Now they NEED a bigger stadium?? 

Now their loan signings have gone back, I give it a few weeks of them getting rinsed in League one by some proper sides before their crowds are back to their usual 7K numbers.

It'll be Field Of Screams: If you build it, they still won't f-ing well come...   :laugh:

4 hours ago, TheReds said:

So, what exactly has prevented them from filling the Mem every home game this season?

They’re so full of shit that it defies belief.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

So, what exactly has prevented them from filling the Mem every home game this season?

Don't know. Maybe its because they got their Rovers back lile they chant each time they get promoted. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

If memory serves it`s bike races, an exhibition of Japanese theatre, European football on the telly, the weather, Xmas shopping and roadworks on the Gloucester Road. I`m sure there are others I`ve forgotten.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Do you know nothing ? 

They couldn't sell out because they had reduced capacity.
Plus they sold some season tickets, which means they have to stop selling tickets, or something . 
So to explain. If you get over 9,000 in a stadium that holds nearly ten, that means you would get 15,000 in a bigger stadium. 
Which I think means, because we get 20,000 in a stadium that holds 26,000, we could rely on filling a 40,000 stadium. #gaslogic 

• Haha 4