IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

2 days until joey’s latest court case. Wonder how he’ll try squirm out of this one

And what their Board will do if he is found guilty.

They (Wael) had said that they will sack him but now that the fans are gushing over him the majority would want a little bit of wife beating overlooked.

I suspect that it will, with weasel words, come down to the level of sentencing if he is found guilty.

Suspended sentence and community service - oh it's not really that serious so we won't sack him for that.

A few weeks jail - well he's learned his lesson and is contrite so it would be wrong to sack a man who has reformed.

Six months jail - well surely even Wael would have to sack him then.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

And what their Board will do if he is found guilty.

They (Wael) had said that they will sack him but now that the fans are gushing over him the majority would want a little bit of wife beating overlooked.

I suspect that it will, with weasel words, come down to the level of sentencing if he is found guilty.

Suspended sentence and community service - oh it's not really that serious so we won't sack him for that.

A few weeks jail - well he's learned his lesson and is contrite so it would be wrong to sack a man who has reformed.

Six months jail - well surely even Wael would have to sack him then.

If he gets a guilty verdict Wally will have to let him go. 

Four Bristol Rovers fans, a Derby County fan and a Bristol City fan .... walk into a bar .... not really, I wish it was a joke but the BBC are reporting six banning orders under a banner headline and with a photo of Ashton Gate - is this a case of one team in Bristol or media bias or both?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-61822067
image.thumb.png.2c7248bc8033ba07219e96fa007cef13.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Four Bristol Rovers fans, a Derby County fan and a Bristol City fan .... walk into a bar .... not really, I wish it was a joke but the BBC are reporting six banning orders under a banner headline and with a photo of Ashton Gate - is this a case of one team in Bristol or media bias or both?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-61822067
image.thumb.png.2c7248bc8033ba07219e96fa007cef13.png

Think it’s just a case of the reporter looking at photos of the 2 grounds and deciding that one looks like a stadium, the other like the site of a medieval jousting competition.

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The case will be adjourned due to the rail strikes.

I have posted previously that I see the case being dropped (if for no better reason than Mrs B has claimed she wasn't actually assaulted, she is pregnant again and there are other children involved in what would be a 'messy' trial), and I suspect that another adjournment would most likely be the final straw.

6 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Think it’s just a case of the reporter looking at photos of the 2 grounds and deciding that one looks like a stadium, the other like the site of a medieval jousting competition.

So through the Gas, and JB's extensive scouting network they've identified & signed a scouser from Fleetwood.

Top work there.

Jordan Rossiter: Bristol Rovers sign Fleetwood Town captain for undisclosed fee - BBC Sport

• Like 1

Further to my earlier post, this gives me even more reason to believe that JB's legal case is destined to 'go away'.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61877624

I would suggest that a player signing for his former manager would be unlikely to do so if he feared his former manager was unlikely to be there at the start of training/for the season/forever.

2 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

He’s got the best brief money can buy, and he’s got away with one court case already. I expect him to be found Not Guilty, even though I think he’s guilty as sin from the public evidence.

Agreed. 

If they couldn't convict him, when found standing over another person who's on the floor bleeding, because nobody actually saw him do it - I don't think a retracted statement from his drunk Mrs is going to hold up. 

34 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Agreed. 

If they couldn't convict him, when found standing over another person who's on the floor bleeding, because nobody actually saw him do it - I don't think a retracted statement from his drunk Mrs is going to hold up. 

Indeed, wait and see.

Justice moves in mysterious ways....

• Like 1

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed, wait and see.

Justice moves in mysterious ways....

Hopefully it won't be long then, before a couple of opposing players/managers ruff him up a bit then hold him down, so that his wife can boot him in the face & then a youth team player comes & stubbs a cigar out on his eyelids. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Agreed. 

Ultimately either he kicked his wife in the head or she made it all up.

If he’s the aggressor there’s no knowing what damage he may do to her in the future and if she’s a liar then what stories will she make up next time they have a massive argument?

What a state.

He’ll be found not guilty, Gasheads will rejoice, such a grubby affair.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have posted previously that I see the case being dropped (if for no better reason than Mrs B has claimed she wasn't actually assaulted, she is pregnant again and there are other children involved in what would be a 'messy' trial), and I suspect that another adjournment would most likely be the final straw.

Necking 3 bottles of Prosecco in one session?  proper WAG. ???

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Hopefully it won't be long then, before a couple of opposing players/managers ruff him up a bit then hold him down, so that his wife can boot him in the face & then a youth team player comes & stubbs a cigar out on his eyelids. 

Funnily enough that was the exact storyline when Rovers featured in a 1958 episode of the long running BBC Home Service series Mrs Dunford's Dairy.

• Haha 5

• Admin
2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ultimately either he kicked his wife in the head or she made it all up.

If he’s the aggressor there’s no knowing what damage he may do to her in the future and if she’s a liar then what stories will she make up next time they have a massive argument?

What a state.

He’ll be found not guilty, Gasheads will rejoice, such a grubby affair.

The best bit is how the other "alleged" couple there that night never get mentioned... 

22 minutes ago, Lydered said:

I see the fruit pie in the sky stadium is still living rent free in their heads. Maybe it's a long trip down from the wastelands of the north, but they don't seem to have noticed the extensive building that has taken place there in the last year or so, claiming there isn't a soul around to counter any planning permission.

Yet the Paintworks is being extended, the new affordable housing is being built on the corner of Totterdown Bridge leading down to the FM, all to be filled with potential new nimbies, I think it is rapidly looking less and less suitable for a stadium project.

https://pca.st/episode/9ea2233c-d17f-4390-b7ee-83497ca74d2c?t=1428

The above links to an enjoyable section of a podcast in which Nedum Onuaha discusses his perceptions and thoughts about Mr. Barton. Is he complimentary? Have a guess.

As a clue, here's a slightly paraphrased quote: "I just thought why? Why be like that?"

Also, listen to the whole thing. He's an interesting bloke, kind off a Forrest Gump of recent football. Often there in those "moments" but rarely in the foreground.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

https://pca.st/episode/9ea2233c-d17f-4390-b7ee-83497ca74d2c?t=1428

The above links to an enjoyable section of a podcast in which Nedum Onuaha discusses his perceptions and thoughts about Mr. Barton. Is he complimentary? Have a guess.

Also, listen to the whole thing. He's an interesting bloke, kind off a Forrest Gump of recent football. Often there in those "moments" but rarely in the foreground.

I did, very good. He talks well and is entertaining. If any of the right people hear it, I hope they dump Savage and Owen and Give Sedum a go.

• Like 1