IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I did, very good. He talks well and is entertaining. If any of the right people hear it, I hope they dump Savage and Owen and Give Sedum a go.

Agree. I'd hope he gets some QPR game on the EFL coverage. He'd be great, and maybe then go up to the Prem.

But as with his time at Man City, it feels like Micah Richards is just a bit ahead of him in the "Man City Pundit" position.

Shame, as the Guardian have unearthed a gem of a pundit this season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I know nothing gets decided today but we all know this smarmy scouse thug will get away with it yet again. You can tell by the look on his face.

His money will undoubtedly gather the best available legal team, he gets away scot free, and I assume the taxpayer picks up the associated costs?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I know it’s the ‘daily hate’ but if you believe they drank 4/5 bottles of wine EACH then you will believe anything!

Edited by Tinmans Love Child

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I know it’s the ‘daily hate’ but if you believe they drank 4/5 bottles of wine EACH then you will believe anything!

That's what his wife wrote in her letter; which is why they have it in quotation marks.

It does seem excessive given that as a rule of thumb is that one bottle of wine equals four pints.  I worked with someone who didin't eat at all during the day but every night had a big meal and two bottles of wine; if he was pushing the boat out he might go up to four I suppose.  I couldn't drink sixteen pints of beer though; the sheer volume alone would make it impossible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That's what his wife wrote in her letter; which is why they have it in quotation marks.

It does seem excessive given that as a rule of thumb is that one bottle of wine equals four pints.  I worked with someone who didin't eat at all during the day but every night had a big meal and two bottles of wine; if he was pushing the boat out he might go up to four I suppose.  I couldn't drink sixteen pints of beer though; the sheer volume alone would make it impossible.

Maybe they were on those miniature ones!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Never been much of  big I am however.

1991 / 92 Sunderland away.we left briz village at 6am on Shem tours.I had bought a 24 pack of Stella between myself big jas and Martin .On arriving at Chester le street we then had 3 rounds each and staggered back to the coach .

onto the game 3 nil up .Ithink Andy Cole scored twice and leroy rosenröter the third?

We won 3-1 

After the game the 2 litre bottle of blackthorn was drank and then we stopped at Mecca of the midlands- Ashby de la zouch for refreshments as well.

Absolutely steaming when the coach dropped us back in briz village about 2am.

Back up the Good Intent at 12 the next day

joey and his lightweight wife can do one

Im 51 now and can no longer do this.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

Never been much of  big I am however.

1991 / 92 Sunderland away.we left briz village at 6am on Shem tours.I had bought a 24 pack of Stella between myself big jas and Martin .On arriving at Chester le street we then had 3 rounds each and staggered back to the coach .

onto the game 3 nil up .Ithink Andy Cole scored twice and leroy rosenröter the third?

We won 3-1 

After the game the 2 litre bottle of blackthorn was drank and then we stopped at Mecca of the midlands- Ashby de la zouch for refreshments as well.

Absolutely steaming when the coach dropped us back in briz village about 2am.

Back up the Good Intent at 12 the next day

joey and his lightweight wife can do one

Im 51 now and can no longer do this.

Surprised you actually reached 51 :laughcont:

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

I feel 71 having watched the city all my life- the drink helped

I ran a coach once from Briz to Peterborough in a cup match, I just can't seem to find reference to it anywhere, about1973, Took their end and had a few run ins. It was so long ago that it was a buglers coach and Shem, Minnie and a couple of others tagged along. Then they damaged the effin seats, Buglers wouldn't take any more bookings. My one and only coach.?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rich said:

I ran a coach once from Briz to Peterborough in a cup match, I just can't seem to find reference to it anywhere, about1973, Took their end and had a few run ins. It was so long ago that it was a buglers coach and Shem, Minnie and a couple of others tagged along. Then they damaged the effin seats, Buglers wouldn't take any more bookings. My one and only coach.?

I live in Clayfield Rd where Buglers were.

Shem,Minnie you obviously know Briz‘s finest.???

I started going on Shem tours from 1989/90 when I started working with him.

The best days of my life honestly.All the rolls Royce/aerospace boys I salute u all.The people I met on these trips.I could write a book -pissed up with the city and last minute agony (is it a bit long for a title) - it would win the Pulitzer Prize and be a bestseller 

If Shem didn’t have a coach/Aztec half coach as I use to say 33 seater/ mini bus/ he said to me “beanie will have a coach” 

And  those are another stories
goodnight ? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

So, fixtures out today. Mate of mines an Ipswich fan and they have Rovers away on Valentine’s Day.

Hes told her she’s in for a great night under the sheets. He just hasn’t told her the sheets are the minimal grounds tents…

love that statement,going to save it as my signature , as good as the trap 2 one ?

when i was on the pop,my record was 36 cans of black label in one night,i was landscaping my garden under lights and went through until around 4am in the morning. my ex drove taxis at night so i needed something to keep me occupied. will never forget someone shouting out of their bedroom in the early hours 'Darren,will you oil that bloody wheelbarrow'

most of the empties got crushed and buried under the top soil i was preparing for a new lawn

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

Bristol Rovers manager Joey Barton's assault trial is adjourned again

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/bristol-rovers-manager-joey-bartons-7247962#ICID=Android_BristolPostApp_AppShare

This trial in front of just a District Judge rather than a jury was always going to be more difficult for JB rather than the Stendal one.

He has the same QC representing him ( Simon Czoka) who is very good. But they are limited in how they can effect the Judge in this case.

Hence, loads of dismissal applications (all turned down), Adjournments etc. All testing the CPS, and Police's mettle on this.

It doesn't need a four month adjournment to decide if someone is going to be a defence witness or not. But this is the judicial system at the moment, money talks. 

I believe Mrs Barton is pregnant again. No doubt come October, the defence will say "your honour, we wish to call Mrs Barton as a defence witness now, but she is heavily pregnant; and can't appear. Can we have another adjournment please?"

The case will then turn again into the proverbial kicking a can down the road scenario. Until the CPS runs out of money/motivation to prosecute it; and settles out of court on some sort of bind over (non conviction).

Shocking really.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Bristol Rovers manager Joey Barton's assault trial is adjourned again

It doesn't need a four month adjournment to decide if someone is going to be a defence witness or not. But this is the judicial system at the moment, money talks. 

I believe Mrs Barton is pregnant again. No doubt come October, the defence will say "your honour, we wish to call Mrs Barton as a defence witness now, but she is heavily pregnant; and can't appear. Can we have another adjournment please?"

The case will then turn again into the proverbial kicking a can down the road scenario. Until the CPS runs out of money/motivation to prosecute it; and settles out of court on some sort of bind over (non conviction).

Shocking really.

It is indeed, shocking, quite disgusting, in fact, as it makes a complete mockery of our justice system, but, as we have discussed on several occasions, it is not really surprising.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

14 hours ago, Rich said:

Watney cup, I reckon

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It is indeed, shocking, quite disgusting, in fact, as it makes a mockery of our justice system, but, as we have discussed on several occasions, it is not really surprising.

Money can make a lot of things "Go away " unfortunately.

33 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Interesting.

Unless my eyes are deceiving me (or the length of the jail sentence was just omitted), whilst the headline states he was jailed, the District Judge says only a custodial sentence will do, the article seems to suggest he only received a banning order.

13 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Interesting.

Unless my eyes are deceiving me (or the length of the jail sentence was just omitted), whilst the headline states he was jailed, the District Judge says only a custodial sentence will do, the article seems to suggest he only received a banning order.

Jailed for 10 weeks.

3 hours ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Watney cup, I reckon

That's the only fixture I didn't look for and has to be the one, 11th August 1973, Peterborough 1 City 2. Thought it was a bigger game than that, at the time. Something happened with Gerry Gow if my memory serves me correctly.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Victory Park Reds said:

I live in Clayfield Rd where Buglers were.

Shem,Minnie you obviously know Briz‘s finest.???

I started going on Shem tours from 1989/90 when I started working with him.

The best days of my life honestly.All the rolls Royce/aerospace boys I salute u all.The people I met on these trips.I could write a book -pissed up with the city and last minute agony (is it a bit long for a title) - it would win the Pulitzer Prize and be a bestseller 

If Shem didn’t have a coach/Aztec half coach as I use to say 33 seater/ mini bus/ he said to me “beanie will have a coach” 

And  those are another stories
goodnight ? 

Clayfield Rd holds many memories for me, it was the go to place with injury's from being in the park and, the cut through to Sherwell. Two mates lived there, Gary Coomer at No.10 and Mike Davis up the hill on the right. Plus the Chaffey's.

46 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I assumed he was jailed, I was just intrigued there was no mention of it in the article.

It's noted here.  Local journalism is a poorly paid job these days and they're under pressure to keep bashing out the articles at a rate of knots so I'm not surprised that there is little or no proofreading.

Bristol Rovers v Swindon Town – 2 October 2021

A 27-year-old man was jailed for 10 weeks at Bristol Magistrates Court for his involvement in pre-match disorder in Gloucester Road.

William Dinham-Mead, of Badminton Road in Coalpit Heath, pleaded guilty to a public order offence and was also handed a six-year football banning order, after a Swindon Town fan was kicked on the ground.

A second man from Kingswood, who was 17 at the time of the incident, admitted the same charge. He received a five-year football banning order and a 12-month community order, which includes 220 hours of unpaid work.

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2022-06-16/man-who-lunged-at-cops-dressed-as-knights-templar-among-football-fans-banned

3 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

"He has now been banned from attending football matches for the next six years". 

Can't believe this Sag is being rewarded for assault.

A more painful punishment would have been sentencing him to watch every Rovers game for the next six years  (as they plummet towards obscurity).

• Like 1