IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 23/06/2022 at 20:12, Rich said:

I ran a coach once from Briz to Peterborough in a cup match, I just can't seem to find reference to it anywhere, about1973, Took their end and had a few run ins. It was so long ago that it was a buglers coach and Shem, Minnie and a couple of others tagged along. Then they damaged the effin seats, Buglers wouldn't take any more bookings. My one and only coach.?

Bedlam that day...........made the Daily Fail, their hack had his brand new white Jag sprayed up with"City" John Parsons ,I think his name was, he never liked us after that !

Yes it went right up that day, counted seven coaches (mostly private) coming in. Kicked right off on the actual London Road (main rd through the town). Always remember a large mob of Posh chanting "Come on Bristol" 'till they went round the corner and found a much bigger mob of City waiting.............they tried to sh*t out and run,but never quite made it ! suffice it to say.....their boys took a hell of a beating !?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

14 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Bedlam that day...........made the Daily Fail, their hack had his brand new white Jag sprayed up with"City" John Parsons ,I think his name was, he never liked us after that !

Yes it went right up that day, counted seven coaches (mostly private) coming in. Kicked right off on the actual London Road (main rd through the town). Always remember a large mob of Posh chanting "Come on Bristol" 'till they went round the corner and found a much bigger mob of City waiting.............they tried to sh*t out and run,but never quite made it ! suffice it to say.....their boys took a hell of a beating !?

They sound so cool.

• Like 2

Looks like they've got a few off field problems running through the club. How many times have they been investigated and charged by the FA?

Pitch invasions, numerous.

Banning orders.

Punching horses.

Assault on Swindon fan.

Manager awaiting trial for assault.

This is the "Family" club.

Bristol Rovers charged by FA following pitch invasions during and after Scunthorpe United win - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

On 24/06/2022 at 21:33, slartibartfast said:

Now it may be my fading memory, nearly 50 years back and all that.........but me and the Charfeld / Wickwar 'chaps' went by train from Temple Meads along with quite a lot of City.  I recall being kicked up the arse by a Royals fan when I briefly got off at Reading to grab a quick bar of choccie from a platform vending machine!  That long ago?????  Wow!  

6 hours ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Now it may be my fading memory, nearly 50 years back and all that.........but me and the Charfeld / Wickwar 'chaps' went by train from Temple Meads along with quite a lot of City.  I recall being kicked up the arse by a Royals fan when I briefly got off at Reading to grab a quick bar of choccie from a platform vending machine!  That long ago?????  Wow!  

Unlucky...........btw, they would have been the "Biscuit men" back then (makes it sound even worse, done by the Huntley & Palmers mob ?)

• Haha 1

On 25/06/2022 at 11:58, Rich said:

Looks like they've got a few off field problems running through the club. How many times have they been investigated and charged by the FA?

Banning orders.

Punching horses.

Assault on Swindon fan.

Bristol Rovers charged by FA following pitch invasions during and after Scunthorpe United win - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

But beating up Peterborough fans in the Watney Cup is fine because it was in the good old days :)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

But beating up Peterborough fans in the Watney Cup is fine because it was in the good old days :)

Around 50 years ago when all clubs had those issues.

Seems like some clubs have these issues coming back unfortunately.

• Like 2

On 24/06/2022 at 14:39, Rich said:

Clayfield Rd holds many memories for me, it was the go to place with injury's from being in the park and, the cut through to Sherwell. Two mates lived there, Gary Coomer at No.10 and Mike Davis up the hill on the right. Plus the Chaffey's.

Sorry away weekend rich.

My family and myself knew all the chaffs despite me being slightly younger.

Always nice to look back on golden/olden times.

coyr and ftg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I never mentioned anything about beating up Peterborough fans, or, that it was fine, where did you dream that up?

Oh! I forgot, pathological liars.

Got anything to say about the disproportionate amount of unsavory events surrounding BRFC and the Memorial ground? By disproportionate, I refer to the amount of fans actually turning up to games and committing offences, when compared to clubs with far bigger supporter bases. Note I haven't mentioned the unsavory JB this time, just the supporters.:)

35 minutes ago, Rich said:

I never mentioned anything about beating up Peterborough fans, or, that it was fine, where did you dream that up?

Oh! I forgot, pathological liars.

Got anything to say about the disproportionate amount of unsavory events surrounding BRFC and the Memorial ground? By disproportionate, I refer to the amount of fans actually turning up to games and committing offences, when compared to clubs with far bigger supporter bases. Note I haven't mentioned the unsavory JB this time, just the supporters.:)

You didn't , others did. I just find it amusing that so many are so quick to condemn fans of other teams for fighting at football, yet are happy to ignore their own fans behaviour, particularly when it was 'back in the day'. Maybe I shouldn't have quoted you, but you were happy to paint a picture of hooliganism being specifically  a Rovers problem, when clearly other teams, including City, are just as bad.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You didn't , others did. I just find it amusing that so many are so quick to condemn fans of other teams for fighting at football, yet are happy to ignore their own fans behaviour, particularly when it was 'back in the day'. Maybe I shouldn't have quoted you, but you were happy to paint a picture of hooliganism being specifically  a Rovers problem, when clearly other teams, including City, are just as bad.

"Maybe I shouldn't have quoted you", is that an apology?

You have misrepresented me. I was not happy to paint a picture of hooliganism being specifically a Rovers problem. I was merely pointing out that BRFC do appear to have a problem and, in my most recent post I highlighted what I believe to be a bigger problem proportionately, due to the number of supporters attending and having a higher than usual amount of misdemeanors. Even though you claim "other teams, including City, are just as bad", which is obviously not the case. I've also posted this on a topic dedicated to BRFC, not other clubs. Is this another misrepresentation from you, or a blatant lie?

• Flames 1

45 minutes ago, Rich said:

You have misrepresented me. I was not happy to paint a picture of hooliganism being specifically a Rovers problem. I was merely pointing out that BRFC do appear to have a problem and, in my most recent post I highlighted what I believe to be a bigger problem proportionately, due to the number of supporters attending and having a higher than usual amount of misdemeanors. Even though you claim "other teams, including City, are just as bad", which is obviously not the case. I've also posted this on a topic dedicated to BRFC, not other clubs. Is this another misrepresentation from you, or a blatant lie?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-bottles-thrown-huddersfield-6372560

You are very vulnerable living in that glass house. 

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

Said the greenhouse dweller. Isolated incidents at AG nowadays, compared to regular incidents in recent years at the Memorial ground and GHS travels. Of course we have our share of idiots, but that's not why I posted, I did it to highlight Rovers problems. We have our own problems, they're covered under things concerning BCFC. You can post negative comments about City on your rag. 

No doubt it varies year on year and club on club but, your lot seem to be more prevalent in recent years and, like your hoppo, you haven't taken into account the disparity in the percentage of incidents related to crowd size. Of course that's if the friendly local media have actually decided to print stories, or hide them in the BRFC columns, never to be seen by anyone other than true blue family club supporters, who'd smash your effin head in if you don't support da gas, and that's just the mums.

A little out of date and only an example of what I'm saying regards actual attendances, but I believe still quite relevant: The football clubs with the most fans banned from watching games - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Edited by Rich
correction
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

Said the greenhouse dweller. Isolated incidents at AG nowadays, compared to regular incidents in recent years at the Memorial ground and GHS travels. Of course we have our share of idiots, but that's not why I posted, I did it to highlight Rovers problems. We have our own problems, they're covered under things concerning BCFC. You can post negative comments about City on your rag. 

No doubt it varies year on year and club on club but, your lot seem to be more prevalent in recent years and, like your hoppo, you haven't taken into account the disparity in the percentage of incidents related to crowd size. Of course that's if the friendly local media have actually decided to print stories, or hide them in the BRFC columns, never to be seen by anyone other than true blue family club supporters, who'd smash your effin head in if you don't support da gas, and that's just the mums.

A little out of date and only an example of what I'm saying regards actual attendances, but I believe still quite relative: The football clubs with the most fans banned from watching games - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

HEAR NO EVIL, SEE NO EVIL, SPEAK NO EVIL (phrase) definition and synonyms |  Macmillan Dictionary

48 minutes ago, Rich said:

A little out of date and only an example of what I'm saying regards actual attendances, but I believe still quite relevant: The football clubs with the most fans banned from watching games - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Keep digging that hole. ?

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

He's hardly digging a hole. 

He's right. A disproportionate number of your fans are complete tossers. 

Actually, the vast majority of your supporters are complete tossers, but as he's referring too - your clubs number of issues, in relation to your attendances is worse than many other clubs. 

Bar a couple of promotions from non league & the basement, your roll of "honour" consists of regular examples of sexual assault, racist abuse, attacking other clubs players & supporters & animal abuse (violent & sexual) 

Don't get me wrong - I know a few gasheads who are sound, but you certainly have a disproportionately high percentage of utter bellends involved in your club and you encourage it by appointing the likes of JB. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Rich said:

How is it 'obviously not the case' that City are just as bad? I think the CSF might be a bit miffed at that remark :)

A lie? What on earth are you talking about?  How could anything that I wrote be construed as a lie when I was offering an opinion?

I do apologise for misrepresentation though, it wasn't my intention to suggest that you condone any violence City fans have previously been involved in, which I assume you are happy to condemn.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

How is it 'obviously not the case' that City are just as bad? I think the CSF might be a bit miffed at that remark :)

A lie? What on earth are you talking about?  How could anything that I wrote be construed as a lie when I was offering an opinion?

I do apologise for misrepresentation though, it wasn't my intention to suggest that you condone any violence City fans have previously been involved in, which I assume you are happy to condemn.

In answer to your first point.

By obvious, I mean, the figures quoted prove that proportionately there have been more incidents in recent times carried out by supporters of BRFC, than anything by BCFC supporters. So in that respect it's obvious.

Potentially it could change, as we all know but, I'm referring to recent times and events involving BRFC supporters.

Second point.

As previously stated, the figures are there for you to see which proves that at this time BRFC have a problem with more people carrying out misdemeanors proportionately, than Bristol City supporters. You are aware of those figures and haven't disputed them. Armed with that knowledge, you claimed that City were just as bad.

Definition of a lie: To make a false statement with the intention to mislead, deceive, an intentional untruth. You might call that an opinion, I call it a lie.

I'm very happy to condemn any violence, regardless of who does it.

22 hours ago, In the Net said:

The only people digging holes are you and your hoppo Miah. Then you've buried your respective heads in them, hoping that the facts I'm stating will just go away and, your beloved club isn't seen in a bad light.

It would appear that over a period of time you and Miah have had an easier ride on here, than some other supporters of BRFC, who just want to have a dig and I welcome both of your contributions usually. In your case I wonder if being a female cuts you a bit more slack. But please, if you're going to post on our site, have something disputing or even constructive to say on the relevant topic, rather than trying to be clever and, failing miserably.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

20 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

He's hardly digging a hole. 

He's right. A disproportionate number of your fans are complete tossers. 

Actually, the vast majority of your supporters are complete tossers, but as he's referring too - your clubs number of issues, in relation to your attendances is worse than many other clubs. 

Bar a couple of promotions from non league & the basement, your roll of "honour" consists of regular examples of sexual assault, racist abuse, attacking other clubs players & supporters & animal abuse (violent & sexual) 

Don't get me wrong - I know a few gasheads who are sound, but you certainly have a disproportionately high percentage of utter bellends involved in your club and you encourage it by appointing the likes of JB. 

Very well put.

• Thanks 1

On 25/06/2022 at 11:58, Rich said:

Banning orders.

Punching horses.

Assault on Swindon fan.

... a veritable list, to which one should add the alleged racist abuse given towards an opposition goalkeeper by the ‘family club’ ... https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/08/bristol-rovers-action-fans-racially-abuse-jason-brown ...

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

... a veritable list, to which one should add the alleged racist abuse given towards an opposition goalkeeper by the ‘family club’ ... https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/08/bristol-rovers-action-fans-racially-abuse-jason-brown ...

I agree, the list is endless over the years but, I've been trying to keep it relevant to recent times.

• Flames 1