IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Super said:

We have idiots they have idiots all clubs have idiots. Next.

Good to see a post from somebody with a bit of common sense and perspective on this topic.  As has been said before, it would be a never ending circle if people just kept posting tit for tat examples from both clubs.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rich said:

The only people digging holes are you and your hoppo Miah. Then you've buried your respective heads in them, hoping that the facts I'm stating will just go away and, your beloved club isn't seen in a bad light.

It would appear that over a period of time you and Miah have had an easier ride on here, than some other supporters of BRFC, who just want to have a dig and I welcome both of your contributions usually. In your case I wonder if being a female cuts you a bit more slack. But please, if you're going to post on our site, have something disputing or even constructive to say on the relevant topic, rather than trying to be clever and, failing miserably.

Quite happy to step away. 

9 hours ago, In the Net said:

Good to see a post from somebody with a bit of common sense and perspective on this topic.  As has been said before, it would be a never ending circle if people just kept posting tit for tat examples from both clubs.

You have idiots and we have idiots but proportionally you have more though, don’t think it’s that big an issue to be honest other than the fact that your fans and the EP in particular like to keep up this myth that you are the “family club” which is slightly bizarre particularly when your manager likes to batter his wife !!!!
Aside from that I enjoy yours and Miah’s contribution to the forum so keep posting

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, In the Net said:

Quite happy to step away. 

What a strange response. I don't believe anybody wants you to "step away", I've not suggested it, in fact I stated that I welcomed your contributions, normally.

The thing is with regards to this subject, you haven't actually contributed anything whatsoever. You have made a couple of off the cuff comments directed at myself. Commented that it would be pointless if everybody just posted tit for tat comments, which is exactly what you did with your glass houses comment and also what Miah has done, yet you liked his comment.

I'm sorry if the subject is uncomfortable for you and, as pointed out, all clubs have idiots. This subject is about the disproportionate amount of idiots BRFC seems to be troubled with currently and in recent times. Would you care to offer your thoughts on those matters?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rich said:

What a strange response. I don't believe anybody wants you to "step away", I've not suggested it, in fact I stated that I welcomed your contributions, normally.

The thing is with regards to this subject, you haven't actually contributed anything whatsoever. You have made a couple of off the cuff comments directed at myself. Commented that it would be pointless if everybody just posted tit for tat comments, which is exactly what you did with your glass houses comment and also what Miah has done, yet you liked his comment.

I'm sorry if the subject is uncomfortable for you and, as pointed out, all clubs have idiots. This subject is about the disproportionate amount of idiots BRFC seems to be troubled with currently and in recent times. Would you care to offer your thoughts on those matters?

You're talking to a Gas head there mate. 

Their thoughts probably consist of... 

"Where's a horse I can punch?"

"That dog looks horny AF!" 

"my lunch today way all within its sell by date. How novel!" 

"Goodnight Irene" 

"I hate City" 

"I hope nobody every twigs that I'm jealous of City" 

"Thank god there's no home game today, or wed have got soaked" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

8 minutes ago, In the Net said:

In this case, my thoughts consisted of "I have incurable cancer, maybe life is now too short to get involved in unnecessary dialogue". 

I believe that I need to focus on the positives in life, and the laughs on here have provided some of that in the past, for which I thank all posters.

Sorry to hear that ITN. Wish you all the very best.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, In the Net said:

In this case, my thoughts consisted of "I have incurable cancer, maybe life is now too short to get involved in unnecessary dialogue". 

I believe that I need to focus on the positives in life, and the laughs on here have provided some of that in the past, for which I thank all posters.

Our thoughts are with you ITN.  You've always been a decent contributor to this forum. 

I hope you know, when I ridicule the Gas, I am not ridiculing everyone who supports them. I may not understand them! But people have the right to make their own mistakes - of which supporting the Gas is, of course, one.

For you personally, I hope your journey is a peaceful and long one, and as pain-free as possible.  Stay strong. 

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Stay strong ITN.

Keep posting. You may follow the wrong team, but you are part of this community.

• Like 16

27 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Very brave of you to put that news onto a public forum. You have my support in your battle, keep up the dialogue if and when you can, it might help.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Very sorry to hear that ITN, you have my sympathies, you seem from the outside like a very strong character - keep fighting.

While many of us here will take the piss out of the gas (and admittedly sometimes will even over-step the line sometimes while in doing so) - We are all football fans, and as has been said by others, you (along with Miah, and Bert) are well respected members of the OTIB community.

• Like 7
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

Not sure of the appropriate wording for this, other than my thoughts with you and your family. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Loyal and Blue said:

Thank you guys. Being from the blue side of Bristol it's so reassuring that people care no matter who you support. Having battled through cancer myself over a 12 year period reading your replies to INT has left me in tears.

Seen it many times on here. When stuff gets real, football goes out the window. Just one big family and a bunch of decent people.

Keep posting ITN and best wishes to you.

• Like 4

As much as I dislike Bristol Rovers. I dislike Cancer a lot more. Take Care and best of luck to you 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

That’s awful news ITN and thoughts and hopes are with you and your loved ones.  

You’ve always come across as a great poster on our board and the good natured banter in both directions has typified what inter-club rivalry should always be about.  

Hopefully you’ll have plenty more laughs over here for many years to come and you’ll always be welcome.

Stay strong and stay safe 

• Like 4

Very brave to announce that on here, wish you all the best and hope you continue to get some laughs on here, take care and best wishes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

As much as I dislike Bristol Rovers. I dislike Cancer a lot more. Take Care and best of luck to you 

Agreed.

Life is far too precious, and as you get older, you get wiser. Have lost close family and some great mates (City fans also) to the Big C. Puts life in perspective when someone close passes. Well said @weepywall. No need to say anything else.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear this. Puts things really in perspective. Thoughts are with you and your family. Take care.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Sorry, I've run out of likes - thanks to everybody for your kind thoughts.  I'm not looking for sympathy, I feel so much for the young people and children who are going through this, my son's mate has a 2 year old boy who is having treatment at the moment - an old Biddy like me is nothing compared to that situation.

Anyway, I've got a season ticket which I aim to make full use of, so cancer will be getting nutted in the nether regions as far as I'm concerned.  Who would want to go through the Pearly Gates, when they can freeze their butt off in a tent every other Saturday? ?

Good on ya girl. Keep fighting. We are all with you.

54 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Sorry, I've run out of likes - thanks to everybody for your kind thoughts.  I'm not looking for sympathy, I feel so much for the young people and children who are going through this, my son's mate has a 2 year old boy who is having treatment at the moment - an old Biddy like me is nothing compared to that situation.

Anyway, I've got a season ticket which I aim to make full use of, so cancer will be getting nutted in the nether regions as far as I'm concerned.  Who would want to go through the Pearly Gates, when they can freeze their butt off in a tent every other Saturday? ?

I am sure I echo the thoughts of all on here in wishing you all the best in your continued treatment.

I hope you enjoy your season ticket, but don't build your hopes up too high that we will be playing each other next season; I fear/hope you will be watching Division One football for a few more years yet.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

5 hours ago, In the Net said:

I know you had Covid issues from another conversation on a different thread but this is very sad to read. Obviously I don’t know your situation but modern treatment is incredible and I hope to read your posts for a long time yet.

As Robbo said earlier, the vast majority of ridicule towards Rovers on here is not aimed towards good posters like you and Miah, I know you’re respected on OTIB for your patience as much as your posts. I wish you all the best in your fight. If you ever need to talk, publicly or privately, I’m sure there are many posters on here who would be happy to listen.

Take care x

• Like 7

7 hours ago, In the Net said:

Sorry to hear that. 

Puts things in perspective & shows that football is just a game. 

Red or Blue - at least we support our local teams. 

• Like 1

Sadly all of us will be blighted by cancer in our lifetime, either in person,or someone we love,so I think we are all able to sympathize with you Netty.Stay strong,keep visiting us on here.Most of us enjoy your visits.Best wishes to you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am sure I echo the thoughts of all on here in wishing you all the best in your continued treatment.

I hope you enjoy your season ticket, but don't build your hopes up too high that we will be playing each other next season; I fear/hope you will be watching Division One football for a few more years yet.

i dont, conference again would be good.  more places for netty to visit if they get to the toolstation eventually