IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Fewers having a proper benny over on Gaschat about the Mem going cashless.

Idiots.

It’s probably just me, but I don’t like the thought of a cashless society - I still like to stroll to the pub with the notes in my pocket - knowing exactly how much I will spend ... not sure why anyone who thinks this is wrong is an “idiot” - as I said, it’s probably just me ... furthermore though, a few years ago me and some friends had a few drinks and a meal in a Bristol bar and we paid by credit card - a few days later £1,400 was spent on my card by someone in Italy and the exact same amount was spent on a fellow diner’s card, also in Italy, she had bought some drinks that night for us in the same bar using her credit card. So, who were the ‘idiots’ that night, the ones paying by cash or the ones using a card?!

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 11

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s probably just me, but I don’t like the thought of a cashless society - I still like to stroll to the pub with the notes in my pocket - knowing exactly how much I will spend ... not sure why anyone who thinks this is wrong is an “idiot” - as I said, it’s probably just me ... furthermore though, a few years ago me and some friends had a few drinks and a meal in a Bristol bar and we paid by credit card - a few days later £1,400 was spent on my card by someone in Italy and the exact same amount was spent on a fellow diner’s card, also in Italy, she had bought some drinks that night for us in the same bar using her credit card. So, who were the ‘idiots’ that night, the ones paying by cash or the ones using a card?!

Nothing wrong with having cash. Many places won't accept a card. Conversely many places won't accept cash. All a bit daft really. Should be down to the customer how they want to pay.

Edited by BigTone
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Nothing wrong with having cash. Many places won't accept a card. Conversely many places won't accept cash. All a bit daft really. Should be down to the customer how they want to pay.

I paid on line for a holiday a few years ago, and the money never reached the holiday firm. I now use tried & tested technology. I write a cheque and post it. Works every time.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

On 30/06/2022 at 16:03, In the Net said:

In this case, my thoughts consisted of "I have incurable cancer, maybe life is now too short to get involved in unnecessary dialogue". 

I believe that I need to focus on the positives in life, and the laughs on here have provided some of that in the past, for which I thank all posters.

Just catching up with this thread and so sorry to read this. Others have said it all. Stay strong. 

1 hour ago, 22A said:

I paid on line for a holiday a few years ago, and the money never reached the holiday firm. I now use tried & tested technology. I write a cheque and post it. Works every time.

Where do you get cheques? Our bank stopped issuing them years ago, technology is no different to any other method of paying, there will always be scams, but 99.95% of the time it's fine, and banks will cover the other 0.05%

Physical money is dying a death, it was before lockdown, but that helped speed the process up. Cost wise it would be great for the government's when you think of the cost of designing and producing notes and coins, and great for the environment too, with less metals to be mined etc.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, BigTone said:

I use local a local food market regularly, and the stall holders will not accept a card for purchases of less than 10€.

Everybody understands and accepts the principle, the market thrives and everyone is happy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pillred said:

Just seen that Joey Barton has signed a three year extension to his contract, that's a bit cocky considering he may be found guilty and end up going inside shades of Katy Price.

Katy Price? Dumbarton's only got one large one and that's in the middle of his forehead.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I use local a local food market regularly, and the stall holders will not accept a card for purchases of less than 10€.

Everybody understands and accepts the principle, the market thrives and everyone is happy.

Same where we are in France, anything under 10 euro is generally paid in cash.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Point of view: You’ve just sold less than half the season tickets of the other Bristol club.

Massive I tell you, massive:

D3AC4BF5-AEC3-4656-8242-740C568B0082.jpeg

I take it they don't yet know that Bristol Bears have sold twice as many season tickets as them?

• Like 1

Point of view: You’ve just sold less than half the season tickets of the other Bristol club.

Sure I read somewhere that they have sold just over 5000 & so were on course to break their record number of ST holders as a result.

**** me, less than 5500, how tinpot are they? Pitiful little outfit.

“Announce a new ground” how can they steal another one, more like.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Sure I read somewhere that they have sold just over 5000 & so were on course to break their record number of ST holders as a result.

**** me, less than 5500, how tinpot are they? Pitiful little outfit.

“Announce a new ground” how can they steal another one, more like.

It’s less than 5500. 443 less. Which warrants this bizarre Twitter missive from the man with £20,000 on one wrist and repetitive strain injury on the other:

Ha ha full of gas more like or the very definition of gaslogic. If you keep saying it, however implausible, then it must be true.

Need a bigger stadium it said. Easy, put up another tent but this time include a row "N".

How many have been sold? Is that including the duplicates with the same numbers?

Almost sold out of season tickets? More like ran out of copy paper to print more duplicates it means.

Best supporters in the West. Needy. Well of course you are.

Where do they get these cretins from?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s less than 5500. 443 less. Which warrants this bizarre Twitter missive from the man with £20,000 on one wrist and repetitive strain injury on the other:

As of last week, Wrexham had sold 6,800 season tickets, massive club my arse (odd club yes, massive no)

• Like 1