IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Taz said:

It's like those shirts you see in an ad on Facebook, where they've literally just put the badge on some fabric and replicated it over and over in a hideous design. Didn't think anybody would buy them.....

Would say he must have lost a bet to be out in public like that, but this is from the same club that wore a tesco carrier bag for a while.....

I reckon it's the moron who has "windyass 9" on the other rag it wears. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, readie14 said:

?

Screenshot_20220713-212339_Instagram.jpg

Ugh! how ghastly, who on Earth would wear such a hideous monstrosity? ?

Cheap tat.

1 hour ago, Laner said:

I wish I hadn't now but look what I found...

https://krusteez.com/product/bristol-city-hawaiian-shirt/

Beautifully designed…perfect for any English gentleman travelling abroad in tropical countries.

Classy.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 19

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

how old are their average fan base! Looks like a scene from Last of the summer wine!

happy bbc GIF by britbox

My mate who is a season ticket holder has said the same thing for the last few years, said it is crazy how there isn't hardly any kids. How are they going to get anyone from this generation apart from the ones who aren't dragged down by their parents? Older ones will be passing and not getting replaced. Kids today don't want a day at a dump like the tented village anymore.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheReds said:

My mate who is a season ticket holder has said the same thing for the last few years, said it is crazy how there isn't hardly any kids. How are they going to get anyone from this generation apart from the ones who aren't dragged down by their parents? Older ones will be passing and not getting replaced. Kids today don't want a day at a dump like the tented village anymore.

So... In 10/20 years time, their attendances are going to be rubbish..? 

Oh, hang on.....! 

• Like 1

Chatting to a bloke last night, he went to that tattoo convention at The Gate over the weekend, his first visit since the redevelopment.

I hadn't realised he was a Fewer until he mentioned it, anyway, he was massively impressed with the convention, the stadium, the speed of service for drinks and the prices (five and a half quid a pint), was even impressed with The Robins where he'd gone before hand.

Clearly not one to be converted, but he did say that the more he visits other grounds, the more desperate the Mem looks. 

So evidently we are doing something we'll if a Gashead had nothing but praise for the stadium, organisation and even the local area!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Chatting to a bloke last night, he went to that tattoo convention at The Gate over the weekend, his first visit since the redevelopment.

I hadn't realised he was a Fewer until he mentioned it, anyway, he was massively impressed with the convention, the stadium, the speed of service for drinks and the prices (five and a half quid a pint), was even impressed with The Robins where he'd gone before hand.

Clearly not one to be converted, but he did say that the more he visits other grounds, the more desperate the Mem looks. 

So evidently we are doing something we'll if a Gashead had nothing but praise for the stadium, organisation and even the local area!

I may have mentioned this before but an ex-colleague is a Plymouth season ticket holder and each season half a dozen of them go to an away game and make a weekend of it.

I can't remember who was promoted or relegated but one season they were newly in the same league as Rovers so I asked if they were going to make that their away weekend, given how easy it is to drive to and that a night out in Bristol is usually decent.

He said they had ruled that out straight off because they had been before and the conditions and facilities for away fans were absolutely terrible.  I think they went to Charlton in the end.

Having a good, or bad, ground really makes a difference to your attendance figures.

2 hours ago, TheReds said:

We live in kingswood,I’ve always done since birth! It was never as big a rovers area as was made out to be even years ago when I was a kid.My daughter has sports week this week where they can wear in any sporty clothes and from what she’s saying there are a good few more city shirts than gas.She’s been flying the flag with the home and third kit.A few kids say they are gas but have never been to a game and we are taking one to the Sunderland game, maybe she can be turned?! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I may have mentioned this before but an ex-colleague is a Plymouth season ticket holder and each season half a dozen of them go to an away game and make a weekend of it.

I can't remember who was promoted or relegated but one season they were newly in the same league as Rovers so I asked if they were going to make that their away weekend, given how easy it is to drive to and that a night out in Bristol is usually decent.

He said they had ruled that out straight off because they had been before and the conditions and facilities for away fans were absolutely terrible.  I think they went to Charlton in the end.

Having a good, or bad, ground really makes a difference to your attendance figures.

+ they put their prices up when Plymouth come to town 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattjb said:

We live in kingswood,I’ve always done since birth! It was never as big a rovers area as was made out to be even years ago when I was a kid.My daughter has sports week this week where they can wear in any sporty clothes and from what she’s saying there are a good few more city shirts than gas.She’s been flying the flag with the home and third kit.A few kids say they are gas but have never been to a game and we are taking one to the Sunderland game, maybe she can be turned?! 

Be careful. She may end up a Sunderland fan! I imagine they will be quite impressive for the first away game after promotion.

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

To be fair, any honest person would be pushed to find fault - I visited for a concert a couple of years ago, and the only bugbear was the parking, which is pretty much the same at any sports stadium these days. 

• Like 2

Here's a couple of posts from the Fruit Loop thread on AssChat 

Demand for office space is on the decline, retail struggling as so much now online, there are fewer music artists capable of filling a big venue. Traditional advertising biz in decline due to google ads etc.
Build a 40K stadium, have low ticket prices to maximise capacity and make more from merch, food and drink or build a small stadium and have very high ticket prices?

&

How long do we get to have an approved Ground when we hit the Championship next Season?

?

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Here's a couple of posts from the Fruit Loop thread on AssChat 

Demand for office space is on the decline, retail struggling as so much now online, there are fewer music artists capable of filling a big venue. Traditional advertising biz in decline due to google ads etc.
Build a 40K stadium, have low ticket prices to maximise capacity and make more from merch, food and drink or build a small stadium and have very high ticket prices?

&

How long do we get to have an approved Ground when we hit the Championship next Season?

?

Okay, their average attendance last year was 7,500. So if they need a 40,000 seater stadium (5.33x the average), then surely we need a stadium that holds just a touch over 100k... #gaslogic

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, mattjb said:

Take it from me Matt, as a 'Woody of some vintage, we were a rarity back in the day when Kingswood was most definitely gas. Apart from the Cobbler, pretty much every pub was blue and white. We were a united but heavily outnumbered group back in the day. Still loud as **** mind! ;)

That said, we've even taken over their Kingswood heartland nowadays! :)

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Robin 4

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Okay, their average attendance last year was 7,500. So if they need a 40,000 seater stadium (5.33x the average), then surely we need a stadium that holds just a touch over 100k... #gaslogic

40000? ?

They'll have a block each once they lose a couple of L1 games! ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Take it from me Matt, as a 'Woody of some vintage, we were a rarity back in the day when Kingswood was most definitely gas. Apart from the Cobbler, pretty much every pub was blue and white. We were a united but heavily outnumbered group back in the day. Still loud as **** mind! ;)

Emphatically seconded mate!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I’m 51 and the street I grew up in had more city than gas, but maybe that was an exception.I think a lot of kids like me who’s families didn’t have a connection with either team naturally gravitated to City being as they were in the old first division back then.I reckon when I was in secondary school my year was about 50/50 city/gas. As you say in the ‘wood’ we are definitely taking over these days and hopefully that will continue!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Cobbsoldun said:

Emphatically seconded mate!

I now live in Downend (Unfortunately) . Originally brought up in Knowle.

I would say out of a dozen of my sons mates, at least 8 of them support City.  Years ago North Bristol was mostly Blue - definately not anymore. Most Gas in North Bristol these days are old school Rovers approaching "Free Bus Pass Age"

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

I now live in Downend (Unfortunately) . Originally brought up in Knowle.

I would say out of a dozen of my sons mates, at least 8 of them support City.  Years ago North Bristol was mostly Blue - definately not anymore. Most Gas in North Bristol these days are old school Rovers approaching "Free Bus Pass Age"

What’s wrong with Downend? I’m Kingswood born and bred, I’m coming up to 41, when I was at school 25+ years ago there was more Sags, although there was always plenty of us Reds around. Now as others have said there’s lots  more us around, I guess it’s a legacy of them having to of minded the gap for over 20 years!

Edited by BS15_RED
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BS15_RED said:

What’s wrong with Downend? I’m Kingswood bro and bred, I’m coming up to 41, when I was at school 25+ years ago there was more Sags, although there was always plenty of us Reds around. Now as others have said there’s lots  more us around, I guess it’s a legacy of them having to of minded the gap for over 20 years!

41 Rock? You must have had a bitch of a paper round mate! ;)

Hope you're well pal.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

What’s wrong with Downend? I’m Kingswood born and bred, I’m coming up to 41, when I was at school 25+ years ago there was more Sags, although there was always plenty of us Reds around. Now as others have said there’s lots  more us around, I guess it’s a legacy of them having to of minded the gap for over 20 years!

Nothing wrong with Downend mate. Its just not for me.  Never felt like home....

Lived there nearly 20 years but still spend most of my time in South Bristol as parents and mates still live there. Mrs and Kids wont move so stuck with it.  

• Like 1