IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Red Shadow said:

Barley Wine For Me. Some dick brought a load of bottles of it on a camping weekend once. I can't think of anything I've ever drank that is more hideous than that stuff.

I once drank 13 bottles of the stuff one night (when I was about 20).......off work for a week with alcoholic poisoning ! Makes me heave to even get a sniff of it now !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

I once drank 13 bottles of the stuff one night (when I was about 20).......off work for a week with alcoholic poisoning ! Makes me heave to even get a sniff of it now !

Back in the day we used to have a 4 pack each (could have been 6) of barley wine before heading into town as it was so cheap. We were well gone before getting there !

Later in life, I was in a pub in Sheffield (Frog and Firkin maybe) which boasted the strongest beer in the UK and anyone that could drink a number of glasses of the stuff (can't remember how many) would get a medal and free drinks for the night. It was barley wine ffs - I lapped it up and still have the medal somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Later in life, I was in a pub in Sheffield (Frog and Firkin maybe) which boasted the strongest beer in the UK and anyone that could drink a number of glasses of the stuff (can't remember how many) would get a medal and free drinks for the night. It was barley wine ffs - I lapped it up and still have the medal somewhere

I think it was the Frog and Parrot. The beer was called Roger and Out, and was like drinking black treacle. It was on the crawl into town for me when I lived there, so enjoyed their hospitality on many occasions.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Full strength gas team 1-2 down against a youthful Swansea XI at the moment..

Print that bastard Sam Frost :banana:

Don’t worry, he’ll find a way to spin it.

Should have had 3 penalties, they scored completely against the run of play, etc, etc..

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

Hilda tells me someone has created a Muriel of Rovers' "greats" on the outside wall of the East Stand lavatories.

Mr Al-Quidi is naturally at the forefront but unfortunately the artist ran out of paint so his flies are left undone.

I take it, he's been exposed and probably needs a pot to piss in.

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

What was the final score V Swansea, I saw a few things that suggested different score lines. One said that it had been agreed that penalties didn't count

It was 3-1 to swansea after 90 mins.

They played another 30 in which the sags scored and it ended up 3-2 to swansea.

Swansea drew 0-0 with Pymouth which means that we are miles better than swansea and Plymouth are miles better than the sags.

Gas logic...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I would be completely affronted and disgusted If I was a dribbling six fingered sag. The thought of having to stand even closer to other great unwashed morons because a couple of the temporary tents have temporarily been taken down would feel me with dread.

Unlucky

8 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Me too. 

#metoo

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

What was the final score V Swansea, I saw a few things that suggested different score lines. One said that it had been agreed that penalties didn't count

Next goal wins? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Rovers have what would appear to be an interesting Friendly tomorrow night.

It seems a wonderful opportunity for them to parade some of their new signings.

https://www.infotatiles.com/preview-bristol-rovers-v-stoke-city-prediction-team-news-form-guide/

WTF? Do people pay money towards this site?

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

WTF? Do people pay money towards this site?

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Comedy Gold; Come on you Routes!

It must have some value.

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Wtf have I just read?

Unless I’m wrong, it’s what’s commonly known as an aggregator site. Bots will take genuine content from other sites and then reword it automatically (and marginally) to become not plagiarised, and then take money from the ads on the visit. Hence Rovers become roads or routes (as they are all broadly ways you move around). The bots AI English isn’t the best however in most cases! It also means they get teams from the same city confused…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

Even more of their masses of fans to be locked out!

Hang on a minute - didn’t they proactively reduce their capacity to 9k last season so they could falsely claim sellouts when they had room for at least another 3k?! So what does this further capacity reduction mean?! They can claim their crappy tented village is at full capacity for every home game when just 6k blue few decide the weather is good enough to turn up??!

4 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Rovers have what would appear to be an interesting Friendly tomorrow night.

It seems a wonderful opportunity for them to parade some of their new signings.

https://www.infotatiles.com/preview-bristol-rovers-v-stoke-city-prediction-team-news-form-guide/

So,Rovers will play Bajik in goal but will rest Alex Scott. That’s nice of them. 

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hang on a minute - didn’t they proactively reduce their capacity to 9k last season so they could falsely claim sellouts when they had room for at least another 3k?! So what does this further capacity reduction mean?! They can claim their crappy tented village is at full capacity for every home game when just 6k blue few decide the weather is good enough to turn up??!

Rovers will be announcing attendance as percentage of capacity this year.  Therefore their attendances will be soaring up this year with the loyal and true and prowed Gasheads getting behind their team....!

• Haha 1