IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Big crowds! ???

EDF126F3-52F6-4DC7-A1BE-E1E1B6BE046E.jpeg

Why should they be “years ahead of them”? What have the Gas ever done that’s so ******* special? As for big crowds, you don’t usually see that at the Mem either…

Deluded idiots.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Decided to cheer myself up on the way home from Hull and watch Barton’s post match interview. He calls out two of his players in such an unprofessional way .. 

Hang on, didn't he say they would have the same budget as Sheff Wed? Now he's saying their budget is limited?

29 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Decided to cheer myself up on the way home from Hull and watch Barton’s post match interview. He calls out two of his players in such an unprofessional way .. 

He’s such a *****.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

34 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

The only thing that’s limited is his IQ - an absolute mess

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He’s such a *****.

It would seem I shall have to watch and listen to this again.

My understanding, his comments concerning the budget aside, was that he was supporting the young lad Anderson, and I didn’t pick up on any criticism of his players.

On the subject of his IQ, JB may be lacking many qualities, but I don’t think a high IQ is one of them.

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

My understanding, his comments concerning the budget aside, was that he was supporting the young lad Anderson, and I didn’t pick up on any criticism of his players.

On the subject of his IQ, JB may be lacking many qualities, but I don’t think a high IQ is one of them.

Suggest you listen around the 40 second mark. No idea who Westbrook and Clark are, but I bet they’re buzzing with that glowing endorsement. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

He basically says we are in a poor state if Clarke & Westbrooke (I have no idea who they are, by the way) are in my starting XI.

Well, who picked them? Who signed them? That was you, Barton.

How about taking some ownership & responsibility rather than throwing them under the bus.

He really is the most obnoxious individual, but if you look at his life & how he lives it, you would already know that.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

That can't be right surly ?

Plymouth had 14,600 so there is no way for a Derby game in the same division the Gas had 5,000 less.

Plymouth are a miles bigger club, despite what our local media might pretend.

• Like 1

I’ve very little time for Plymouth Argyle, they hate us, my dad’s side of the family are from East Devon where anything green is verboten, and Hollowhead managed them at one point.

But considering practically every away day needs a weekend making of it and theirs is the largest city in Europe never to have hosted first-class football (Not counting Man Utd contesting a UEFA Cup tie there in the 1970s) they have a very good fan base, I do concede that.

They also apparently don’t care for the Quartered Mob either so they’ve got that in their credit column.

4 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

I had to drive through Eastville just after 2.30pm today and I saw two separate people with gash shirts on. 

I assume it must have been a massive crowd today.

Let me correct you BS2, that was two vagrants you saw.

7CC03F67-1B4F-412E-815A-2AAF1A8C884A.thumb.jpeg.b733ed3f299dbf522c4a91ec1daaa24a.jpeg

Um, because you are a little Tinpot club? Small club playing a team from a village and getting battered. It’s not a surprise that you lost. All your loanees have ****** off back to their parent clubs leaving you with a team full of no marks in your little tented shit pit.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He basically says we are in a poor state if Clarke & Westbrooke (I have no idea who they are, by the way) are in my starting XI.

Well, who picked them? Who signed them? That was you, Barton.

How about taking some ownership & responsibility rather than throwing them under the bus.

He really is the most obnoxious individual, but if you look at his life & how he lives it, you would already know that.

If they aren't from the U15 side, that is incredibly bad man management.

Telling someone they are shit and shouldn't be in the team, is an unusual way of trying to get the best out of someone.

Know a few Plymuff and find them great people, really passionate about and loyal to their Club. Numerically, the away support is amazing given travelling distances involved. The Sags support is way off in comparison.

Never found them to have any particular issues with City - apart from on our match days with them. Maybe some of their yobbish element have issues then, but even that doesn’t extend to anything like the toxicity of our derby days with the Welsh and Sags. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

If Zane Westbrooke and Trever Clarke walked into his office on Monday morning and banged him out Barton couldn't really have a huge complaint to be honest. Footballers have to be able to take criticism (although many don't seem able to) but when it's that brutal and delivered direct to the fans that's way out of order.

Edited by Numero Uno

5 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Know a few Plymuff and find them great people, really passionate about and loyal to their Club. Numerically, the away support is amazing given travelling distances involved. The Sags support is way off in comparison.

Never found them to have any particular issues with City - apart from on our match days with them. Maybe some of their yobbish element have issues then, but even that doesn’t extend to anything like the toxicity of our derby days with the Welsh and Sags. 

I`ve always said, you`re much more likely to see kids in Plymouth wearing Argyle shirts than the plastic prem ones. It`s the same in Exeter as well to be fair.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

If they aren't from the U15 side, that is incredibly bad man management.

Telling someone they are shit and shouldn't be in the team, is an unusual way of trying to get the best out of someone.

Westbrooke was linked with us a few seasons ago when at Coventry. When he signed for the blue few I thought that was quite a coup for them. Clearly not!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If Zane Westbrooke and Trever Clarke walked into his office on Monday morning and banged him out Barton couldn't really have a huge complaint to be honest. Footballers have to be able to take criticism (although many don't seem able to) but when it's that brutal and delivered direct to the fans that's way out of order.

Barton seems to have a bit of history with Westbrook, dropping him and loaning him out, obviously doesn't want him there, so I am not surprised with the sly dig - I'm sure Barton could bring through some of the youngsters instead if he is that bad? As for that Clarke, he signed a new 2 year deal last month with the option of another year, so who's fault is that Joey, he isn't some 18yr old learning his trade. The player must be over the moon with the comments. What great man management.

From Wiki - Clarke signed a new two-year contract with the club with the option for a further year on 3 June 2022

2 hours ago, TheReds said:

Barton seems to have a bit of history with Westbrook, dropping him and loaning him out, obviously doesn't want him there, so I am not surprised with the sly dig - I'm sure Barton could bring through some of the youngsters instead if he is that bad? As for that Clarke, he signed a new 2 year deal last month with the option of another year, so who's fault is that Joey, he isn't some 18yr old learning his trade. The player must be over the moon with the comments. What great man management.

From Wiki - Clarke signed a new two-year contract with the club with the option for a further year on 3 June 2022

Clark would normally have been on the bench, as Nick Anderton was abovie him in the pecking order.  As for Westbrook, he's never really clicked during his time at Rovers, for whatever reason.  Barton has given him quite a few chances, made him Captain for the Pizza Trophy games, it's just not happening for him. If other players had been fit, nobody would have expected him to be in the starting 11, including himself, I'm sure.  Barton's choice of words was probably not the best way of getting his point across about the squad being down to the bare bones at the moment. 

52 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Clark would normally have been on the bench, as Nick Anderton was abovie him in the pecking order.  As for Westbrook, he's never really clicked during his time at Rovers, for whatever reason.  Barton has given him quite a few chances, made him Captain for the Pizza Trophy games, it's just not happening for him. If other players had been fit, nobody would have expected him to be in the starting 11, including himself, I'm sure.  Barton's choice of words was probably not the best way of getting his point across about the squad being down to the bare bones at the moment. 

It doesn't really matter if Clarke would have been on the bench or not, he started. He has just been given a new contract (up to 3 years) by the same manager, he started because the manager picked him, if the squad is down to the bare bones then that is also down to the manager and also the owner. If Clarke being a first teamer is showing how bad the transfer window has been for Rovers, whilst giving the same player a fairly long deal, then it shows how terrible the business has been giving him that contract. His choice of words is not surprising at all, but then again he always seems to make a point of wanting to take responsibility himself, whilst then going on to throw someone under the bus, deflecting the responsibility from himself to the players.  

• Like 3