IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

CC9F49E8-195C-49A0-8476-682AC0D480E7.thumb.jpeg.54f014fffbe02581dfc557a5f6279b99.jpeg

They could always sit on the white plastic chairs for £23 and enjoy a fake Fanta and a packet of out of date crisps?

Then they’ve got the converted portaloo Santa’s Grotto and the condemned toilet block. What more do they want?!

A visit to "Santas Grotto" comes complete with an uncomfortable feeling and a rash. 

6 hours ago, HitchinRed said:

Bristol Rovers fined £16,500 by FA for crowd trouble in Scunthorpe promotion game. 

I’m not sure that this will provide much of a deterrent for one of the richest clubs in the country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62392726

I know every club has them, but my god it seems like every week something like this happens with the gappers.

They really need to think seriously about disassociating themselves with the words ‘family club’ unless of course they are referring to the ******* Kray’s!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

I know every club has them, but my god it seems like every week something like this happens with the gappers.

They really need to think seriously about disassociating themselves with the words ‘family club’ unless of course they are referring to the ******* Kray’s!

Or this one:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Listening to Sagheads over the Summer you’d be forgiven for thinking they ran away with L2 last season. They seem to forget that they were third best behind 2 bigger Westcountry clubs.

4867FB4B-8621-45A8-8CFF-D882C4AF589C.jpeg

Top shithousery as always POHH but being a little pedantic

Pic 1) Is that its mother/ sister?

Pic 2) Too many teeth to be an authentic sag.

Pic 3) Confirmed: that's its Grandma. 

Pic 4) where's the foaming at the mouth?

Pic 5 & 6) Too much fiz if it's fake fanta.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Is it true SL paid the council to reject it? Love a conspiracy theory 

As always the council didnt reject it. I believe that they have never had a planning request turned down.

However they have never had the funds to actually go ahead with any of the plans that have been approved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, martnewts said:

As always the council didnt reject it. I believe that they have never had a planning request turned down.

However they have never had the funds to actually go ahead with any of the plans that have been approved.

Correct, no application for Severnside, Hengrove, or Carsons green. Permission grated at the rugby ground after nobbling the committee. Permission granted for UWE after they proved it was needed, by inflating the attendance at Wembley, where grandparents, little children friends and their pets were al cajolled into pretending they were regulars.

28 minutes ago, martnewts said:

100%.

With the exception of the plan to get Sainsbury’s to buy the Mem so they could fund a move to UWE, none of their other plans have ever stacked up financially.

They don’t ever get beyond the planning permission stage.

BCC (& South Glos) are keen to help them if they can, the latter because they would love a FL club in their patch, the former due to the high number of Gas in prominent positions within the organisation.

29 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

100%.

With the exception of the plan to get Sainsbury’s to buy the Mem so they could fund a move to UWE, none of their other plans have ever stacked up financially.

They don’t ever get beyond the planning permission stage.

BCC (& South Glos) are keen to help them if they can, the latter because they would love a FL club in their patch, the former due to the high number of Gas in prominent positions within the organisation.

UWE wanted the stadium to be built but it was the sag's allegedly wealthy owner who pulled the plug. So even when their pipe dreams look like becoming a wet reality they pull the plug. 

9 minutes ago, Swede said:

UWE wanted the stadium to be built but it was the sag's allegedly wealthy owner who pulled the plug. So even when their pipe dreams look like becoming a wet reality they pull the plug. 

Wasn't there something about the facilities being used when they weren't playing, but all profit went to UWE and not the sags? Same with sales like food and drink, sags saw no money from it? Or was that one of their many other supposed new stadiums?

1 minute ago, Taz said:

Wasn't there something about the facilities being used when they weren't playing, but all profit went to UWE and not the sags? Same with sales like food and drink, sags saw no money from it? Or was that one of their many other supposed new stadiums?

I think that was more a case of 'if it's repeated often enough on the Internet, it becomes true' - a bit like the weekly wage of a player.

I don't imagine the unagreed contract was ever in the public domain so suggestions of how revenue would have been split would be no more than speculation.

• Like 1

Just now, Taz said:

I believe you're correct. The trouble with the sags is that a former chairman went on record on a previous pipe dream stating that they only need the facility for one day a week if someone was to build [& pay for] it for them. So I think UWE would've been like Coventry's Ricoh or like their old dump at Eastville. 

9 minutes ago, Taz said:

In fairness if it was left to the sags how many people in there right mind would drink fake fanta and stale crisps

7 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Quote from "Cans and Megabus" A travel guide for Sunderland fans;

After years of traversing the many villages and industrial estates League One has to offer, what a pleasure it is to go to actual cities in the beautiful Championship. This year we get to visit Bristol and not have to go to the car boot sale stadium that Bristol Rovers hilariously call home.

So when the Sags told us that Sunderland fans love them they were lying? Surely not?

• Like 1