IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

20 hours ago, Purple Paul said:

Surprising there's  no taking the piss of Rovers result today.  

No. You’re coming for us again, singing the blues.

What is even more surprising is that you haven’t arranged an open top bus tour of Kingswood after spoiling Burton’s Cup Final and that you haven’t mentioned the numbers that went today because it’s what you do?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

Overheard an amusing  conversation in the barbers earlier.

Firstly the owner Dave is a die hard gas head, a season ticket holder and while I was waiting for the other chair he was chirping about their 4-0 win at Burton and Citys home defeat on Saturday…..what made it amusing that two other customers, also gasheads were joining in both unaware that I’m a City fan.

They reckoned that Pearson is too ‘downbeat’ and comes across on RB as a miserable sod………:cool2:. They started moaning about the pasties at the Mem which were sold out by 2:15pm as was the bottled water. Dave then asked for tap water and was charged £2! claiming that it was filtered! Not surprisingly he refused to pay up telling them that they can’t charge for tap water even if it was filtered…………………:cool2:

Apparently according to them City won’t get anywhere with Nige in charge and that Lansdown should appoint a ‘proper manager’. Then they started accusing SL of nepotism and reckoned that Jon Lansdown “doesn’t have a personality”……….

The conversation continued whist I was in the chair and as I paid up I rolled up the sleeve of my T shirt and showed them all my City tattoo……….

Fact is - football fans are all the same regardless of which club they support and the Rovers dustbin thread on here kinda proves that………….:yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Firstly the owner Dave is a die hard gas head, a season ticket holder and while I was waiting for the other chair he was chirping about their 4-0 win at Burton and Citys home defeat on Saturday…..what made it amusing that two other customers, also gasheads were joining in both unaware that I’m a City fan.

They reckoned that Pearson is too ‘downbeat’ and comes across on RB as a miserable sod………:cool2:. They started moaning about the pasties at the Mem which were sold out by 2:15pm as was the bottled water. Dave then asked for tap water and was charged £2! claiming that it was filtered! Not surprisingly he refused to pay up telling them that they can’t charge for tap water even if it was filtered…………………:cool2:

Apparently according to them City won’t get anywhere with Nige in charge and that Lansdown should appoint a ‘proper manager’. Then they started accusing SL of nepotism and reckoned that Jon Lansdown “doesn’t have a personality”……….

The conversation continued whist I was in the chair and as I paid up I rolled up the sleeve of my T shirt and showed them all my City tattoo……….

Fact is - football fans are all the same regardless of which club they support and the Rovers dustbin thread on here kinda proves that………….:yes:

I do love being incognito sometimes.   I have to ask as you whipped a walnut out your pocket and cracked it with your city tattooed bicep did they know who was boss ;) 

Just now, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I do love being incognito sometimes.   I have to ask as you whipped a walnut out your pocket and cracked it with your city tattooed bicep did they know who was boss ;) 

His nuts are best left where they are

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'll only believe it when it's on the OS

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What on earth were you doing going there? Plenty of other barbers that aren't die hard fewers.

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You actually let a gashead near your throat with a sharp implement?  I knew you had issues, but that is asking for trouble!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The woman who cuts my hair and trims my beard is actually very attractive.  ……… :wub: 

Reminds me of an old joke

Anyone can masterbate under a sheet.....but it takes real skill to do it without the barber noticing !

Hopefully she didn't notice or was too polite to say!

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The woman who cuts my hair and trims my beard is actually very attractive.  ……… :wub: 

When I was younger think early 20s I used to get my hair cut regularly by a girl with very large boobs.  Just becuase they nestled onto the back on my neck while she was trimming away.  Now I'm much less shallow and worry about how many hairs I have. 

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

What on earth were you doing going there? Plenty of other barbers that aren't die hard fewers.

True……there are about 4 other barbers in Nailsea but being a loyal guy I’m not going to change my barber just because he’s a gashead. Plus Dave has all the local gossip and is a likeable and amusing a guy.