IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Overheard an amusing  conversation in the barbers earlier.

Firstly the owner Dave is a die hard gas head, a season ticket holder and while I was waiting for the other chair he was chirping about their 4-0 win at Burton and Citys home defeat on Saturday…..what made it amusing that two other customers, also gasheads were joining in both unaware that I’m a City fan.

They reckoned that Pearson is too ‘downbeat’ and comes across on RB as a miserable sod………:cool2:. They started moaning about the pasties at the Mem which were sold out by 2:15pm as was the bottled water. Dave then asked for tap water and was charged £2! claiming that it was filtered! Not surprisingly he refused to pay up telling them that they can’t charge for tap water even if it was filtered…………………:cool2:

Apparently according to them City won’t get anywhere with Nige in charge and that Lansdown should appoint a ‘proper manager’. Then they started accusing SL of nepotism and reckoned that Jon Lansdown “doesn’t have a personality”……….

The conversation continued whist I was in the chair and as I paid up I rolled up the sleeve of my T shirt and showed them all my City tattoo……….

Fact is - football fans are all the same regardless of which club they support and the Rovers dustbin thread on here kinda proves that………….:yes:

But you said they don’t ever talk about us?

Im really confused.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

True……there are about 4 other barbers in Nailsea but being a loyal guy I’m not going to change my barber just because he’s a gashead. Plus Dave has all the local gossip and is a likeable and amusing a guy.

I used to get my hair cut there as well, back when I lived in Nailsea. I liked Dave too - very down-to-earth and likeable. He knew I was a City fan but we still always had a pleasant and amicable chat about local football ?.

Edited by Shelton’s Love Gravy
My original emoji had red cheeks. THAT WAS WRONG!!
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

I love the idea of Robbo waiting for the perfect moment in daily situations to quietly flash a tatt before sauntering off into the distance, perhaps whistling as he does so.

Good work Robbo.

Scurrying out the door pissing about with his shirt sleeve while the other customers wonder why he spent the entire time sat there sweating in complete silence more like

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

Oof. Did you keep the receipt?

Always difficult with that 1894 bit.

We seem to change that figure every few years to give the club a reason for a celebration.

Still got my centenary 1997 glasses at home.

Or maybe the 125 years shirt that Jon made in 2020.