IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

For those who want a giggle on this fine Tuesday morning....... 

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/19977/pantsdown

Whoppers.

I got to the "they are only one division above us" and left. 

We're only one division below the Prem, but are miles away from pretty much every team in that league. 

How would they even pay Championship wages with 9k crowds in the tented village? I must have missed where they are making money every season, hasn't Wally been bailing them out every season - and what has he got to show for it? Loads of players worth millions?

Why they even think Lansdown has basically done his dough is beyond me. They seem to see a figure and that's it, job done. I guess they are not used to looking at actual assets of the club/Lansdown. Stadium, training ground, infrastructure, Rugby, Basketball, new development of another arena and flats and hotel, and then can add in the players. I wonder how all that compares to the mighty Roverzzz situation?

Obviously none of them would swap positions.....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Robbored said:

Overheard an amusing  conversation in the barbers earlier.

Firstly the owner Dave is a die hard gas head, a season ticket holder and while I was waiting for the other chair he was chirping about their 4-0 win at Burton and Citys home defeat on Saturday…..what made it amusing that two other customers, also gasheads were joining in both unaware that I’m a City fan.

They reckoned that Pearson is too ‘downbeat’ and comes across on RB as a miserable sod………:cool2:. They started moaning about the pasties at the Mem which were sold out by 2:15pm as was the bottled water. Dave then asked for tap water and was charged £2! claiming that it was filtered! Not surprisingly he refused to pay up telling them that they can’t charge for tap water even if it was filtered…………………:cool2:

Apparently according to them City won’t get anywhere with Nige in charge and that Lansdown should appoint a ‘proper manager’. Then they started accusing SL of nepotism and reckoned that Jon Lansdown “doesn’t have a personality”……….

The conversation continued whist I was in the chair and as I paid up I rolled up the sleeve of my T shirt and showed them all my City tattoo……….

Fact is - football fans are all the same regardless of which club they support and the Rovers dustbin thread on here kinda proves that………….:yes:

And all the silent City fans in there stood up and cheered and gave you a high five?

44 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Whoppers.

If if if...

If my uncle had a fanny he'd be my auntie.

The (few) Blue Few I acquaint with have been unbelievably buoyant since Saturday. It'll all come out in the wash. 

**** 'em...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Whoppers.

That thread is reminiscent of the stuff they were spouting 6 years ago when Al Qadi took over. New stadium in the bag, Prem in 5 years, passing City on the way, unlucky the shit etc. ?

I don’t know what’s going to happen in the future and I’m not dumb enough to keep making grand predictions that come to nothing like those mutants.

Doing that often comes back to bite you on the ass, they should know ?

2 hours ago, BS3City said:

If if if...

If my uncle had a fanny he'd be my auntie.

The (few) Blue Few I acquaint with have been unbelievably buoyant since Saturday. It'll all come out in the wash. 

**** 'em...

First time I heard that (many years ago), I thought it was funny. Now all I can think is, could happen.

big penis GIF

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Whoppers.

This is why I will take the piss out of them no matter what league they’re in, they say they don’t care about us but the second they get even half a chance to make a comment they’re all on it like blue add flies. They can’t ducking wait to try and gloat, which is fair enough, I do the same, but the only reason we have this big Dustbin thread and they don’t is because they’re the gift & we’re not.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Whoppers.

They’re all praying SL walks away and leaves us in the shit, when all he is trying to do is get some outside investment to push us on rather than keep funding it out of his own pocket. Absolute tools.

They’ll take any way of ending up in the same division as us and even if it was because of our relegation Gas Logic would see that as a success for them. 

It’s no wonder we have a 300 page thread on them. Still calling us BC1982FCLTD like it has an effect on us. It’s just as ******* meaningless as they are.

Here’s to the next 300 pages because they just can’t help themselves when it comes to talking total delusional bollocks and letting their jealousy show at every opportunity. 

What I never understand is that they seem to think that we give it the Bertie big bollocks about how big we think we are. I know not a single City fans that thinks we’re a massive club and are arrogant about it?

I hear plenty of sad Sags who think they are a huge club though and I hear what an amazing away support they have almost DAILY!

******* clowns! ? 

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This is absolutely spot on.

I have never heard a single City fan describe our club as massive. Plenty like to goad Sagheads by pointing out how much bigger we are than them but that’s not the same thing. We know our place in the Football World, Gasheads on the other hand are always bragging about the size of their support, trying to make out their funny little club is a sleeping giant.

I don’t know any City fans that would come out with this shit…

7634D17B-34F8-4A10-BFA8-30D3C41D99FF.thumb.jpeg.330146ab98ac674303789b1e60448711.jpeg

or this…

E6818B8B-FAC9-4BB0-A75E-AF35162C3177.thumb.jpeg.f49aebd26e4f9fecc9d76f1b3956b72e.jpeg

Let alone this ?

70E68134-A33D-4B73-AFFC-FB51A6F74803.thumb.jpeg.94783203f4affff948f568e09d4c2837.jpeg

I don’t think we even do that tbf. We simply goad them about how tinpot they are and how deluded they are thinking that they are a big fish in a small pond, when their ground (if you can even call it that? Health hazard would be a better description) is littered with tents and white plastic garden chairs.

Edited by Gert Mare

11 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Whoppers.

**** me they've got cocky on the back of a win against 10 men.

One week ago they were losing at home to a village with less of a population than fits in their shittip.

I was really looking around the sight of 25,000 fans at Ashton Gate on Saturday thinking, this is all a bit jaded

What a bunch of belters.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Hahahaahhaahaahahahahhahahahaha **** me. Full strength n all. How embarrassing 

Weird that their North Korean media friends at the Post are bigging up Barton & they have now lost to Forest Green & the team that was bottom of L2 (I know it is only 2 games).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Weird that their North Korean media friends at the Post are bigging up Barton & they have now lost to Forest Green & the team that was bottom of L2 (I know it is only 2 games).

Totally agree. Oxford in town Saturday who are actually a very good side as well. Wonder who Barton will blame for the loss today and probable loss Saturday. Poppppppp

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Totally agree. Oxford in town Saturday who are actually a very good side as well. Wonder who Barton will blame for the loss today and probable loss Saturday. Poppppppp

Oxford just knocked out Swansea on pens, after being 2-0 down....