IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

19 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

There was cricket at Glos as well (a couple of days ago) plus several thousand will be saving their money for Barnsley away on Tuesday

Fewers reckon they sold about 9000 tickets for today, but only 8200 turned up.

Classic #Gaslogic in place here.

Buy ticket, remember cost of living crisis, decide to save for winter by not putting fuel in the car, miss game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Buy ticket, remember cost of living crisis, decide to save for winter by not putting fuel in the car, miss game.

Reinforces Danny Baker’s argument that they are pathological liars, as the announced attendance is the amount of tickets sold these days. So, they obviously unsold about 800 tickets?

• Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

We're down in Bristol at the moment for a few days, and the wife wanted to go to IKEA today. I forgot they were playing, and definitely didn't realise they were kicking off early. We got off the m32 at around 11, and went straight around to the blue and yellow building.

Left there about 2 after grabbing something to eat across the road, and didn't see any traffic at all. 

I still hadn't realised that they had kicked off early until I got back to my parents, and saw the scores on sky sports. 

If there were over 8000 there, then very few of them went anywhere near Tesco/IKEA.

1 hour ago, Taz said:

We're down in Bristol at the moment for a few days, and the wife wanted to go to IKEA today. I forgot they were playing, and definitely didn't realise they were kicking off early. We got off the m32 at around 11, and went straight around to the blue and yellow building.

Left there about 2 after grabbing something to eat across the road, and didn't see any traffic at all. 

I still hadn't realised that they had kicked off early until I got back to my parents, and saw the scores on sky sports. 

If there were over 8000 there, then very few of them went anywhere near Tesco/IKEA.

If I understand correctly, Tesco/IKEA is built over what used to be the Tote End.

My recollection of playing Rovers at Eastville back in the 1960s/70s, is that there were never very many Rovers fans in the Tote End whenever City played there, so nothing appears to have changed. 

A shame, really, as there always used to be a great atmosphere whenever I went in the Tote End.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

If I understand correctly, Tesco/IKEA is built over what used to be the Tote End.

My recollection of playing Rovers at Eastville back in the 1960s/70s, is that there were never very many Rovers fans in the Tote End whenever City played there, so nothing appears to have changed. 

A shame, really, as there always used to be a great atmosphere whenever I went in the Tote End.

Pretty sure I read on here that the toilets are in that area, so you can actually piss and, *ahem* empty your bowels over the tote end. 

I don't know if that is actually correct but fair play to the City supporter in the planning department that got that passed if it's right ?

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Definitely a little bit, saw one in what I presume is their away kit a week or so ago & another out for a run in “the famous quarters”.

Genuinely the first couple I’d seen in years, though living in BS3 wearing one around here, especially in the vicinity of West St would be an act of supreme bravery.

Bloody hell, the standard of spelling on this forum is shockingly bad....  It's "Da faymuss kwawturrzzzz".  Your effort is absolutely nothing to be prowed of!!!

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Spotted on Facebook

75429D41-FAC0-4386-8FBB-F0032AD30843.jpeg

As I pointed out to one of them, Taylor is a shithouser, he will have loved those idiots crying at him all match like an angry, bitter ex girlfriend. He also remained good friends with the Rovers players who were around at the time which really shows how little they also care about Gasheads.

The best bit, it still hurts them ?

• Like 5

Dear Gas

Stop being a complete joke of a club with funny little fans who INSIST on shooting themselves in both feet on a regular basis and the Dustbin Thread will disappear forever.

Yours Sincerely 

OTIB

There you go, that’s the deal. You can officially blame them from now on. 

The thing with Rovers, is you just know the next trauma is just around the corner. So yeah - they are liking life at the moment but the next shit show is just around the corner.

Let then have their moment but deep down they know their stadium may as well be made from Lego and their fan base is shrinking every year. 

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

The thing with Rovers, is you just know the next trauma is just around the corner. So yeah - they are liking life at the moment but the next shit show is just around the corner.

Let then have their moment but deep down they know their stadium may as well be made from Lego and their fan base is shrinking every year. 

But they’re coming for us …..apparently! :rofl2br:

2 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

But they’re coming for us …..apparently! :rofl2br:

As nauseating as it would be to see their smug faces celebrating, wouldn’t having the Bristol derby back in the second tier be a good thing? As good as the Cardiff rivalry and games can be it doesn’t come close to the Gas games. 

Nah, #### it! ?

• Haha 1