IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Super said:

According to their fans they were going to be Premier League in 5 years when Wally arrived….that was 6 years ago. Nothing wrong with aiming high imo however…

…why even mention us? 

We know the answer.

Such a funny little club ?

4 hours ago, Super said:

“We do everything at a ridiculously high level for the level we’re playing at. It’s Championship or above in every respect”

(Sigh)

4 hours ago, Super said:

03D37ADE-94F5-4F3F-ACC7-94CE5B44DC79.jpeg

AD6CDF23-33C4-4E06-87B8-482A9ACD7566.jpeg

14913E10-EB5F-4D67-B533-6A8B9379BC72.jpeg

35CB1C5A-E7F0-41EF-B32C-CDEC2B7A95E3.jpeg

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Super said:

Is this the same Joey Barton that a few weeks ago said (to paraphrase things slightly)  "I am not going to make any silly predictions this time around"?

It is very early in the season - they have so far played 2 of the bottom 5 and won six points from them,  and one of those teams played with 10 men for 89 minutes!
Given the early season form in league one they have played just one team around mid table or above, and they lost that game,

However, in Mr. Barton's eyes that seems a cue for some ridiculous tub thumping designed to excite the dribbling masses that frequent the mem. They will just lap it up!

They are nothing like a championship club - in ANY regard, To talk as if they will breeze past us and other established champinship clubs like QPR, Millwall, Birmingham, Stoke, Huddersfield, Cardiff, and Preston and waltz into the premier league is frankly the ramblings of a madman. The majority of clubs that come up from league one actually struggle, and on gates of 7.5K they are going to struggle to pay championship players the money they require and stay within FFP while staying in the divison.

I somehow doubt that the blue 25% of Bristol, because that is what it is, based on this seasons attendances, will ever turn up in sufficient numbers to EVER sustain a top end championship club let alone a premier league club

Edited by cityal
  • Like 4
  • Flames 7
  • Robin 2

31 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

“We do everything at a ridiculously high level for the level we’re playing at. It’s Championship or above in every respect”

(Sigh)

03D37ADE-94F5-4F3F-ACC7-94CE5B44DC79.jpeg

AD6CDF23-33C4-4E06-87B8-482A9ACD7566.jpeg

14913E10-EB5F-4D67-B533-6A8B9379BC72.jpeg

35CB1C5A-E7F0-41EF-B32C-CDEC2B7A95E3.jpeg

You can see his point;

Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Charlton, Bolton, Argyle. Barnsley & Peterborough, too.

No way do any of those clubs have standards that match the tented village, do they? 

Also, 3 games in, they have played FGR (lost), Burton & Oxford (a decent result) so all a bit early for them to be going “Premier League in 5 years” again, isn’t it?

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

"We do everything at a ridiculously high level for the level we’re playing at. It’s Championship or above in every respect”

(Sigh)

If we allow ourselves entry to his delusional world for one fleeting moment and assume that this is true, then what level must we be at given he said, in the same speech/ramble/diatribe/stream-of-nonsense:

"We’ve [Rovers] got a lot of work to do and lots of catching up. They’ve [the mighty City] got a bigger ground than us, a better training ground than us..."

Forever in our shadow.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

If we allow ourselves entry to his delusional world for one fleeting moment and assume that this is true, then what level must we be at given he said, in the same speech/ramble/diatribe/stream-of-nonsense:

"We’ve [Rovers] got a lot of work to do and lots of catching up. They’ve [the mighty City] got a bigger ground than us, a better training ground than us..."

Forever in our shadow.

Sounds like he's chatting up Lansdown for the City job

7 hours ago, Red DNA said:

B8F0180D-0097-4650-9AE9-67561420E373.thumb.jpeg.d5040171355100439330724cb1877220.jpeg

Official club T shirts?....available from a Peacocks near you!

No doubt a few of them will be putting them on their Xmas list to prove their loyalty  

Is that skeletor? Looks just like that graffiti art dawbed on their toilet block.

12 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Strange how he wasn't saying it after losing to FGR or Crawley Town in the cup. He is so happy with his squad that he is looking to sign 6 more players. How is Wael of Fortune going to keep this up on gates of less than 8000 when he said they needed 11000 to beak even 2 years ago?

Wait, they've lost the same amount of games as us this season?

I assumed they had 4 wins the way they've been going on

• Like 1

I'm old enough to remember season 66-67, after about FOUR games we were bottom of the second tier (nil point) and the fewers were top of Div 3 (all this after a massive control sample of FOUR games). Boy, were the local media making big with the David and Goliath stories, BBC, ,TWW, WDP and (surprise, surprise) BEP,  oh, it was certain that the two would swap places, no doubt about it !,    What happened ? We finished lower mid-table, they just escaped relegation , it took them EIGHT more years just to get to the same division as us !

• Like 1

How it started:

We’re a lot bigger city to be having no Premier League side and my goal is to put the blue side in the Premier League before the red side,”

"waffle waffle, flap flap, first team on the moon "

" We make every player better. airhead, airhead, dribble dribble"

"we do everything at a ridiculously high level for the level we're playing at. It's Championship and above in every aspect."

How it is going:

Barnsley 3 - Bristol Rovers 0

Yes.... the same Barnsley that finished rock bottom of the championship less than three months ago

Yes.., the same Barnsley that didnt manage to average a point per game last season

Yes.. the same Barnsley that had a -40 goal difference

Yes.. the same Barnsley that won 6 games last season, but lost TWENTY EIGHT times

Championship standard? My arse!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Looks like the Gas got properly dealt with tonight.

Hopefully mad-dog Joey can go back to slagging off his over-performing no-mark players now and stop making outlandish remarks about catching us when he was clearly delirious after beating 10 man Burton, and scraping past an off-colour Oxford.

23 minutes ago, cityal said:

How it started:

We’re a lot bigger city to be having no Premier League side and my goal is to put the blue side in the Premier League before the red side,”

"waffle waffle, flap flap, first team on the moon "

" We make every player better. airhead, airhead, dribble dribble"

"we do everything at a ridiculously high level for the level we're playing at. It's Championship and above in every aspect."

How it is going:

Barnsley 3 - Bristol Rovers 0

Yes.... the same Barnsley that finished rock bottom of the championship less than three months ago

Yes.., the same Barnsley that didnt manage to average a point per game last season

Yes.. the same Barnsley that had a -40 goal difference

Yes.. the same Barnsley that won 6 games last season, but lost TWENTY EIGHT times

Championship standard? My arse!

Oh and Yes.. the same Barnsley that lost their best players through the summer.

• Like 1

I only heard about this we're gonna beat that lot south of the river to the Prem about an hour before kick off tonight. I saw they were playing Barnsley and I thought here we go, I bet they're gonna get wacked in the very next game. :laugh: and guess what? Keep 'em coming, Joey. Comedy gold time after time.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

"Read this and immediately I cannot now wait until tomorrow night I’m practically counting down the minutes until kick off.
He rallies the troops so well this bloke."

That aged well :laughcont:

"and they call us strange those 82ers really are a bunch of idiots. Yeah let's stay as we are and not aim for anything%2C think they are getting worried because they would love to have a manager like JB and an owner like Wael." 

I've heard it all now :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9