IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I know a couple of "your lot" (and I'm talking real fans ,who where ever Rovers were playing, they'd be there) who refuse to attend games until he goes !

I know a couple doing that, but I also know one who I honestly think JB could literally do anything and he would be still called some sort of saint. Can't stop hearing how he brings through all of these Prem players (one isn't it), how he is loved by many, and has such a high reputation amongst other coaches etc etc etc. As soon as he says anything that is controversial, or how good their fans are, how many tickets they could sell, anything about us, he goes up another notch and is near legend status now. Mind you he still says the Fruit Market is a done deal as well.

1 hour ago, Seventeen said:

Guys an idiot, can’t stand him.

Worst thing is he has most our fans wrapped around his little finger. Funny thread awhile ago where a few were claiming they never had an issue with him then a poster went and found threads from his time at Fleetwood with said posters criticising Fleetwood for hiring him and what a nasty piece of work he was etc.

He’s been given everything DC asked for and was denied. Publicly came out and said he had been given a big budget for this season but I’m not really sure what he’s done with it other than offer players new contacts then criticise them and want them out after one game. Mental.

When he came in I’m sure him and NP were battling for the worse PPG record in the whole EFL. Surprised you lot have been so patient but I’m only looking in from the outside so may be more too it. 

To be fair to NP he took over a club in a hell of a mess and is still a year away from sorting it. Most fans understand that, and can see we have a way to go before we will be financially and structurally repaired thanks to previous employees.

As for your mob and JB, every so often there’s a gobby git that lemmings will want to follow.

It’s all transient though, both managers will move on, we’ll both have our catastrophes and our celebrations and still take the mickey as often as we can.

• Like 2

This whopper on Slagchat is on the wind up surely ??. Doesn't mention what absolute dogshit home crowds they get...

What incredible support we have!!

We must have one of, if not THE biggest away following as a percentage of home gates??

Very impressive

Hope the lads put on a suitable performance!!

FTG

31 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

This whopper on Slagchat is on the wind up surely ??. Doesn't mention what absolute dogshit home crowds they get...

What incredible support we have!!

We must have one of, if not THE biggest away following as a percentage of home gates??

Very impressive

Hope the lads put on a suitable performance!!

FTG

They are literally the only fans that I have ever heard refer to that statistic. I mean, what does it even prove? That their home support is awful? Doesn't seem something to be proud of ??‍♂️ 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

They are literally the only fans that I have ever heard refer to that statistic. I mean, what does it even prove? That their home support is awful? Doesn't seem something to be proud of ??‍♂️ 

I suppose what it means to them is that there are only a few of them, but they are dedicated. 

What it means to everyone else is, there are only a few of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

59 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Perhaps they could reduce their ground  capacity down to 350. Then they could truly claim that there are thousands locked out and that their away support is even better than their home support! 

oh, So THOUSANDS in the car park then ?  or looking for the Dodgy gate entrance ?  They also only had the Third highest home average in the Basement league last season .

Bradford City  15,582

Swindle            9,449

Gash                 7,500

Yep they certainly justify a bigger ground..

2 hours ago, fatchers said:

oh, So THOUSANDS in the car park then ?  or looking for the Dodgy gate entrance ?  They also only had the Third highest home average in the Basement league last season .

Bradford City  15,582

Swindle            9,449

Gash                 7,500

Yep they certainly justify a bigger ground..

Fair play to Bradford, seven years they’ve been in the basement, double what Rovers got per game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not just us* that need to consider their attitudes towards females.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-barnsley-sexist-abuse-7480347

*By 'us' I mean whoever it was made the 'stay in the kitchen' remark the other week.

Reading that it sounds like it came from the Barnsley fans? Or do I have that wrong?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-barnsley-sexist-abuse-7480347

*By 'us' I mean whoever it was made the 'stay in the kitchen' remark the other week.

Apparently it was when the R*vers female physio was treating a player & the old "get yer t**s out for the boys" was heard.

Back to the 70s eh?

How will people, and women in particular cope with hearing such disgraceful remarks...  

35 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Apparently it was when the R*vers female physio was treating a player & the old "get yer t**s out for the boys" was heard.

Back to the 70s eh?

I have a Gas friend who goes regularly to their games and told me despairingly that there are morons who still sing  monkey chants at black players. 
:disapointed2se:

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not in a world backing those bunch from up the road, but we've rarely taken any decent following to Barnsley on a Tuesday night

All this willy waving about numbers makes us just as obsessed as they are about numbers

When a willy has been waved I find it best to ask the owner to kindly stop waving it whilst perhaps pointing out that the size of it is not worth waving.

• Robin 1