IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not in a world backing those bunch from up the road, but we've rarely taken any decent following to Barnsley on a Tuesday night

All this willy waving about numbers makes us just as obsessed as they are about numbers

The difference being, we don't claim to have such amazing away following who travel in such massive numbers wherever we go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

The second line merely demonstrates how shite their home gates are.

FTG

Also that they are not good with maths. Has it occurred to them that the lower their home gates get, if their away support remains constant the ratio goes up?

Effectively celebrating those shite home gates then.

• Like 3

• Admin
57 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

The difference being, we don't claim to have such amazing away following who travel in such massive numbers wherever we go.

Not so sure about that, plenty of examples on the various social media channels

My point above, when we go to Barnsley on a Tuesday night we don't take any more

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

My point above, when we go to Barnsley on a Tuesday night we don't take any more

Yeah you do have a point and you have made it well. My point is that this is a thread aimed entirely at ridiculing that lot, there is no need for self-appraisal. Just wave or wiggle your willy at them. It seems healthy enough.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Not in a world backing those bunch from up the road, but we've rarely taken any decent following to Barnsley on a Tuesday night

All this willy waving about numbers makes us just as obsessed as they are about numbers

Totally agree and to be fair to them and I don't like to be, they took over 400 for a Tuesday night in Barnsley, not too shabby.

• Robin 1

44 minutes ago, phantom said:

Do we have multiple fans that say we have the best fans or highest numbers in the Championship? 

Do we have fans that regularly say we need a bigger Stadium even though we rarely sell out?

Maybe just me, but they do seem to be properly obsessed with the numbers, and now they are being shown up they say "ah, yeah but look at the percentage up against our home games",  and as stated on here, that just proves how shocking their home attendances truly are. 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

45 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Totally agree and to be fair to them and I don't like to be, they took over 400 for a Tuesday night in Barnsley, not too shabby.

Bearing in mind they're nailed on for promotion and will be Prem league in 2 years I am a bit surprised, but I guess there's problems with rail strikes and weather and it's difficult moving 10s of thousands of people in and out of Yorkshire on a Tues evening so I think the mocking is a bit uncalled for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

I hope that every one of them had a totally miserable night, watching their "heroes" get rinsed by a team, who, were barely good enough to be described as abject in the championship last season.

All this coming a few days after their manager stated that "everything they do is championship standard" - lovely stuff!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phantom said:

You are right of course, but also I don't see any City boasting about our following either.
Plus, it was the first time in 4 years they get to play Barnsley away, and only the 2nd time in 20+ years. There should be extra interest.
In that time we've played there 16/17 times. It does make a difference

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I have a Gas friend who goes regularly to their games and told me despairingly that there are morons who still sing  monkey chants at black players. 
:disapointed2se:

Wow, that truly is disgusting. It's actually surprising as well as well.

7 hours ago, cityal said:

I hope that every one of them had a totally miserable night, watching their "heroes" get rinsed by a team, who, were barely good enough to be described as abject in the championship last season.

Absolutely.

At least we only lost 2-0 to a team who were barely good enough to be described as abject in the championship last season.

I shall have to come back to you with a description of our level when we lost 2-0 back in March. 

11 hours ago, phantom said:

Really?

I only ever see the opposite from our fans.

Don't think I’ve ever seen a City fan claim we have amazing away support in that w@nky way Gasheads do on a regular basis?

City fans will either rage on Social Media about us taking 600 somewhere OR try to give a reason why the numbers may be low for particular fixtures.

Gasheads will celebrate taking 600 away and claim they’re the envy of clubs up and down the land with such ‘huge’ numbers.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, phantom said:

Delusions are back again - getting excited about selling 1800 for their cup final at Pompy on Saturday

image.png

They’re back in the big time that they call League 1. Of course they are going to take a few away this season…

10 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Joey Barton explains Luke Thomas situation with Barnsley winger left out of  Bristol Rovers squad - Bristol Live

Don't be a dick mate.

This is her workplace,so no, she shouldn't have to cope with a few meatheads asking her to take her top off when she is there to look after sports injuries.

I despair sometimes at how slow people are to accept that this is plain wrong.

If your wife or daughter went to work, and some random went up to her and said 'Hi - can I see your tits' - I doubt you would be happy?

Same for her mate, same for her.

Apologies, although it wasn't clear reading my post, I did mean it for the "stay in the kitchen" comment in the post I quoted. Which would obviously have been said as some sort of attempt at a joke at the time.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, phantom said:

Whilst i agree, it's worth noting that this was only their second visit to Barnsley since the turn of the Millenium and they could still only muster just over 400 fans. In the same time we've travelled to Oakwell 17 times, 

It's a new ground to a whole generation of the Blue Few yet we generally visit there most years so the idea of a day out at The Tarn is hardly a novelty to us!

For me any fan that travels away on a Tuesday deserves a round of applause as it takes a lot of commitment with time off work, travel cost etc! 

Edit to say i've just saw @1960maaan made the same point earlier! 

Edited by HIGHRIDGE BCFC
  • Like 4

On 18/08/2022 at 17:19, 1960maaan said:

You are right of course, but also I don't see any City boasting about our following either.
Plus, it was the first time in 4 years they get to play Barnsley away, and only the 2nd time in 20+ years. There should be extra interest.
In that time we've played there 16/17 times. It does make a difference

Exactly 1960

alot of the places they go to when they take 20,000 and above are either new grounds to them or grounds they rarely visit , also unbelievably there club is on the so called up ?? so there’s a feel good factor about the place of course there so called great support is exciting the poor darlings .

here’s the difference Portsmouth away to them and there all creaming in there pants , 20 years ago Pompey for us was decent use to enjoy a little chase around the terraced streets , if we had Pompey now wouldn’t be that high on my agenda , not bad but wouldn’t be lording it like the gas are . 

13 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

When push comes to shove, we (Steve Lansdown) rebuilt our own stadium, they want one and according to them, just need one to take over the world, just don't want to pay for it!

Nothing, ever, changes.

Some years ago on gaschat, one poster asked "Why can't someone just give us a ground"?

• Haha 1