IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, Rich said:

It's been bullshit from day one. Everything stated by Wael has been a thinly disguised part statement with not a single hard fact in any of them. It's always a question of, we're working hard, these things take time, can't divulge anything because of breach of confidence, we're working on the plans, we want the best, we're in discussions. All utter bull shit, and long may it continue to hoodwink those dimwits.

It’s brilliant imo, the dimwits can’t see the wood from the trees ?

5 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Fanta Claus is coming to town.

tumblr_kvac0dRH4W1qzantbo1_500.png.6e21afdd68a57ea2b81a3bb1cee8d263.png

Real Fanta on its way to the Mem Stad!!!

There can't be much else yer average Fewer wants for Christmas now:

Championship ready sprinklers - ✓

Tent - ✓

Unique kit - ✓

Worldwide admiration - ✓

Billionaire owner - ✓

Racist support - ✓

To name but a few...

The list is endless, what do you get for the fans that have everything...?

C.nuts...

Edited by BS3City
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, freezer said:

"Supporters will of course be informed as soon (as) there are important developments to share."

Has to be ' Official' as the grammar is horrendous.

And what an absolute load of bull carp it is too. Happy xmas saggies, suck it up.

No need to insult his Grandmother freezer, you're better than that mate. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Rich said:

There is another group of Gasheads. They are the dustmen, ice cream sellers, warehouse cleaners and labourers, who are thick, gullible, village idiot types, who, are mouthy, up themselves, full of shit, arrogant, verbally violent, smarmy assholes who think they're superior but, are too thick to realise they're inferior.

Taking the piss out of gas fans is one thing but linking it to people in these types of employment as thick, gullible, village idiot types is out of order. No way are people who earn their living in this way inferior. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rich said:

There is another group of Gasheads. They are the dustmen, ice cream sellers, warehouse cleaners and labourers, who are thick, gullible, village idiot types, who, are mouthy, up themselves, full of shit, arrogant, verbally violent, smarmy assholes who think they're superior but, are too thick to realise they're inferior.

Someone passed their CSEs and got themselves an office job then :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I was out for a Christmas drink with a bunch of them on Friday and I have to say top salt of the earth lads. Misguided?Absolutely I say, although I’m sure they think the same about me.

They can also laugh about their club as much as any of us can. All of the Rovers fans I know in person are decent.

Edited by MrBibs
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, aa_bcfc said:

Taking the piss out of gas fans is one thing but linking it to people in these types of employment as thick, gullible, village idiot types is out of order. No way are people who earn their living in this way inferior. 

I think you and possibly others have misunderstood my intention. So, let's nip this in the bud. At no point did I say that people in those occupations are thick. I preceded my statement with the word "Gasheads", and went on to say how "they were thick gullible village idiot types", referring to those Gasheads that I've met in those jobs, not, all people in those occupations. I know plenty of people of high intelligence who work in those occupations but, the fact of the matter is that, the qualifications required for those occupations is not as high as in other forms of employment, so it's more likely that you'll get a thick, gullible, village idiot gashead in one of those occupations than say, as a doctor, teacher, mechanic or wherever higher qualifications are required. So please don't get offended for other people, especially when no offence was intended

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, harrys said:

I think historically Rovers seem to have had far more opponents sent off particularly at fortress Mem 

It's not just about the red cards either - penalties are the worst. 

About 9-10 years ago, one of my gashead colleagues used to always have a joke about it. He used to say that as they had no one that could actually shoot, their strikers would spend 90% of their time on the ball running around in the penalty area until they got fouled. 

24 minutes ago, Rich said:

I think you and possibly others have misunderstood my intention. So, let's nip this in the bud. At no point did I say that people in those occupations are thick. I preceded my statement with the word "Gasheads", and went on to say how "they were thick gullible village idiot types", referring to those Gasheads that I've met in those jobs, not, all people in those occupations. I know plenty of people of high intelligence who work in those occupations but, the fact of the matter is that, the qualifications required for those occupations is not as high as in other forms of employment, so it's more likely that you'll get a thick, gullible, village idiot gashead in one of those occupations than say, as a doctor, teacher, mechanic or wherever higher qualifications are required. So please don't get offended for other people, especially when no offence was intended

Keep digging mate! ?

2 minutes ago, MC26 said:

About 9-10 years ago, one of my gashead colleagues used to always have a joke about it. He used to say that as they had no one that could actually shoot, their strikers would spend 90% of their time on the ball running around in the penalty area until they got fouled. 

7 minutes ago, MC26 said:

It's all true of course, match officials are biased towards us and regularly give red cards to the opposition for offences such as 'trying to score against us', 'taking free kicks when we weren't ready' and 'saying nasty things about our Darrell'.  We get penalties for opposition players being 'ex gert Teds' and 'having some red on their shirt'.

The bias is there for all to see, the league tables don't lie.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It's all true of course, match officials are biased towards us and regularly give red cards to the opposition for offences such as 'trying to score against us', 'taking free kicks when we weren't ready' and 'saying nasty things about our Darrell'.  We get penalties for opposition players being 'ex gert Teds' and 'having some red on their shirt'.

Sounds like you have your very own version of Constable Savage...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

There's probably a slightly more simple reason in that the standard of refereeing somehow gets even worse as you look down the divisions. But that's not as much fun. 

3 minutes ago, MC26 said:

There's probably a slightly more simple reason in that the standard of refereeing somehow gets even worse as you look down the divisions. But that's not as much fun. 

To be serious for a moment, I don't really go along with the constant slating of refereeing standards. Of course mistakes are made, much in the same way a player makes several wrong decisions in a game, so will a ref.

However, refs jobs are made infinitely more difficult by players cheating, and when I say cheating , I mean pretty much for a whole game, players will try and get an edge by fouling, diving or whatever. If players stopped cheating, we would get better referees. But that might not be as much fun either :)

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

To be serious for a moment, I don't really go along with the constant slating of refereeing standards. Of course mistakes are made, much in the same way a player makes several wrong decisions in a game, so will a ref.

However, refs jobs are made infinitely more difficult by players cheating, and when I say cheating , I mean pretty much for a whole game, players will try and get an edge by fouling, diving or whatever. If players stopped cheating, we would get better referees. But that might not be as much fun either :)

Easy for you to say, the day after a ref has given you half a game against 10 men and added on sufficient extra time necessary for you to snatch a winner!!!! 

Happy Christmas Miah!

6 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Easy for you to say, the day after a ref has given you half a game against 10 men and added on sufficient extra time necessary for you to snatch a winner!!!! 

Happy Christmas Miah!

Apparently his original intention was to add on enough injury time for Tom Nichols to score the winner, but we managed to talk him out of that one.

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

@Miah Dennehy who do you think will take over?

As manager? I suspect it will be the Newport bloke, Flynn. Call me an old cynic, but the recent announcement that the board have spent a lot of money investigating a new stadium site, which has fallen through (stop laughing at the back) is their way of saying there is no money (tell us something we didn't know) and of all the candidates I would imagine Flynn would be the cheapest option salary wise, and also would be happy/settle for working with the squad we have got. Or even possibly Robbie Fowler, he doesn't care about the money he earns, he just desperately wants to get into management and the board would know that he would create a media buzz. 

To be fair to Flynn, I am not saying he would be a bad appointment, just that he would probably be the cheapest one. He has done well at Newport and in many ways would be a similar appointment to Darrell Clarke, who certainly gave us more good times than bad, Personally I would prefer Cotterell, but I don't think he would come to us and it is apparent that many of our support don't want him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

As manager? I suspect it will be the Newport bloke, Flynn. Call me an old cynic, but the recent announcement that the board have spent a lot of money investigating a new stadium site, which has fallen through (stop laughing at the back) is their way of saying there is no money (tell us something we didn't know) and of all the candidates I would imagine Flynn would be the cheapest option salary wise, and also would be happy/settle for working with the squad we have got. Or even possibly Robbie Fowler, he doesn't care about the money he earns, he just desperately wants to get into management and the board would know that he would create a media buzz. 

To be fair to Flynn, I am not saying he would be a bad appointment, just that he would probably be the cheapest one. He has done well at Newport and in many ways would be a similar appointment to Darrell Clarke, who certainly gave us more good times than bad, Personally I would prefer Cotterell, but I don't think he would come to us and it is apparent that many of our support don't want him.

Yeah sensible post I'd agree with most of the above. I can see Cotterill being tempted given he lives in Bristol, but let's not forget he will have earned a decent wedge with his last 3 clubs being City, Forest and Birmingham. Rovers would most likely be unable to compete with those salaries.

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Yeah sensible post I'd agree with most of the above. I can see Cotterill being tempted given he lives in Bristol, but let's not forget he will have earned a decent wedge with his last 3 clubs being City, Forest and Birmingham. Rovers would most likely be unable to compete with those salaries.

Very true about salary but like in any other walk of life 

a smaller salary is better then nothing 

who knows 

41 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

While I agree that players make the job much, much harder in every respect, I still think standards have dropped. I've seen some baffling decisions this year that were nothing to do with the players. I understand there is a lack of Refs at all levels, and that must impact at the higher end eventually. The "cream" rises , but that just means if you're not quite as shit as the next bloke , by default you're the best. 
The Prem will benefit from VAR next year, love it or hate it it should stop diving and play acting as long as the Powers that be have the backbone to come down hard on the fakers. Hopefully that will have a trickle down effect. That plus the condemnation of abuse of Refs starting out, even at junior level , may help more to come into the game and so raise standards. 
In the mean time , I will continue to berate every Ref that has the temerity to give a free kick against us , or not to flag every goal against us offside. :yes:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

While I agree that players make the job much, much harder in every respect, I still think standards have dropped. I've seen some baffling decisions this year that were nothing to do with the players. I understand there is a lack of Refs at all levels, and that must impact at the higher end eventually. The "cream" rises , but that just means if you're not quite as shit as the next bloke , by default you're the best. 
The Prem will benefit from VAR next year, love it or hate it it should stop diving and play acting as long as the Powers that be have the backbone to come down hard on the fakers. Hopefully that will have a trickle down effect. That plus the condemnation of abuse of Refs starting out, even at junior level , may help more to come into the game and so raise standards. 
In the mean time , I will continue to berate every Ref that has the temerity to give a free kick against us , or not to flag every goal against us offside:yes:

And quite right too - these people are clearly not up to the task and should be told so in no uncertain terms.

• Like 1