IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Man Utd in the cup. Apparently, according to them all they had to do was beat Barnet in a replay, coast past Stockport in Round 2 and it was off to Old Trafford.

Did that not happen then?

Like my horse every year in the Grand National - they fell at the first fence....and we laughed, again.....

• Haha 1

Their greatest ever manager, who’s bound to go on to greater things and manage at a higher level according to the fewers and some on here too, is being linked with jobs at the mighty Carlisle and Oldham ? greater things yes, higher level? No chance. 

Edited by BCFC11
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Their greatest ever manager, who’s bound to go on to greater things and manage at a higher level according to the fewers and some on here too, is being linked with jobs at the mighty Carlisle and Oldham ? greater things yes, higher level? No chance. 

Obviously going to a club with better owners, a better stadium and facilities and at least a little bit of cash and that are not facing admin in the foreseeable future.

Mind you, that could be any club in the league other than the s*gs..

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Surprise surprise ???

74832C78-3018-4DCA-B549-97CC0029C43A.png

Let the downturn in form commence.......

I bet Wally is a relieved man though, luckily for them he’s got a couple of good results saving them the job of looking elsewhere. The fans want him so when not if it goes tits up, he knows that he’s gave them what they’ve asked for.

Edited by BCFC11
  • Like 1

Wally took him for a Nando’s . That must of been the interview.

well graham we can’t afford any players but I’ll give you a extra tenner a week and a bottle of peri peri Source I just nicked. 

Well im not sure wally

ok ok as many stale crisp, white mars bars and fake Fanta you want. 

Ok done 

you most certainly have been ?

38 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Wally took him for a Nando’s . That must of been the interview.

well graham we can’t afford any players but I’ll give you a extra tenner a week and a bottle of peri peri Source I just nicked. 

Well im not sure wally

ok ok as many stale crisp, white mars bars and fake Fanta you want. 

Ok done 

you most certainly have been ?

I would have thought the self-confessed ‘6th richest club in England’ could have afforded to appoint a household name in football management....

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Regardless of how well he’s done in his first few games, this is a massive gamble for Rovers in their position, the last thing you want is a completely untried manager surely!  Time will tell if he can handle things after a couple of losses!

Look what happened last time.................that went well !

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Look what happened last time.................that went well !

If you want to gamble, you need a stake.  Unfortunately, those losers don't have a stake to gamble with.  Thus, it's 50p on Coughlan.  2 wins and a draw whilst still in the relegation zone ( on goal diff.). And they think that the tide has turned.  We all know it's just a temporary bounce, but it won't last long. I would still put a grand on them being relegated but the odds are too short ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If you want to gamble, you need a stake.  Unfortunately, those losers don't have a stake to gamble with.  Thus, it's 50p on Coughlan.  2 wins and a draw whilst still in the relegation zone ( on goal diff.). And they think that the tide has turned.  We all know it's just a temporary bounce, but it won't last long. I would still put a grand on them being relegated but the odds are too short ?

Hope this is true.
The mans completely turned out season on its head and knows league 1 as well as anyone.
Giving the job to him until the end of the season is our best hope of staying up.
It’s a results business and he’s taken 10 points from our last four games.

???

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Hope this is true.
The mans completely turned out season on its head and knows league 1 as well as anyone.
Giving the job to him until the end of the season is our best hope of staying up.
It’s a results business and he’s taken 10 points from our last four games.

???

My bet is that he will make a dog's dinner of it just like the rest of them.

Coughlan has had two decent wins. The Walsall result was a particular high point, and I can see why the 'tards might think it a turning point. His first win was an altogether more lucky affair - in the last minute, at home, against 10 men, poor quality opponent. Other than that, he's had a loss and a home draw v midtable non-entities with just 2 shots allegedly on target .

He might not be the messiah the BF believe. 

Ultimately,  until they get someone who has cash to splash they are always going to be knocking around the lower reaches of L1.

2 hours ago, walshys shuffle said:

Is the new boss getting a assistant? Or is it 2 jobs for 1 wage as is the usual state of affairs.TCO(the cheap option).

Is`nt that why Yates left?

Yep, Wally bought him an Amazon Echo in the January sales.

Alexa, why can't Nicholls hit a cow's arse with a banjo? Alexa, why have I got a tramp playing in midfield? Etc, etc.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

Yep, Wally bought him an Amazon Echo in the January sales.

Alexa, why can't Nicholls hit a cow's arse with a banjo? Alexa, why have I got a tramp playing in midfield? Etc, etc.

Alexa dosen't know anything about the fewers, she knows there's only OTIB.

• Like 2